PDA

View Full Version : Josef Fritzl sentenced to life in prison in Austrian incest case

Catty1
03-19-2009, 09:55 AM
Once he viewed his daughter's videotaped testimony, he caved and pled guilty to everything. And he won't appeal. Thank God.

Prayers to the daughter and children who are now living elsewhere under new names.
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/090319/world/fritzl_trial

Josef Fritzl sentenced to life in prison in Austrian incest case

1 hour, 1 minute ago

By The Associated Press

ST. POELTEN, Austria - A jury has convicted Austrian incest father Josef Fritzl of homicide and sentenced him to life imprisonment in a secure psychiatric facility.

Fritzl also was convicted of enslavement, rape, incest, forced imprisonment and coercion for holding his daughter captive for 24 years and fathering her seven children.

Fritzl accepted today's verdicts and waived his right to appeal.

The homicide count - "murder by neglect" in German - was the most serious of the charges against the 73-year-old Fritzl, and the jury gave him the maximum punishment allowed by law.

The verdict brought a dramatic end to a case that has drawn worldwide attention.

moosmom
03-19-2009, 09:57 AM
Good!! He is SOOOO creepy looking. He SHOULD get the death penalty. But, Austria has it's own laws. I hope he rots in jail. PIG!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Catty1
03-19-2009, 10:26 AM
Secure psych institution for the rest of his days. No question about that.

Marigold2
03-19-2009, 10:53 AM
I don't believe he is crazy. Horny, controlling, evil, selfish. But crazy no. He was smart enough to hide this from his wife and the world for many years. He knew what he was doing, he knew it was wrong, and he didn't care. Otherwise why hide it?

Catty1
03-19-2009, 12:15 PM
Crazy doesn't mean stupid. Far from it. Like psycho and sociopaths who are top-notch manipulators of many smart people.

Barbara
03-19-2009, 02:12 PM
He is going to a prison for psychically abnormous perps. And he will not get out again.

moosmom
03-19-2009, 03:36 PM
Hopefully he won't see the light of day. I feel very sorry for his children and the children he fathered (ugh, makes my stomach turn) as a result of the rapes.

Catty1 is right. Crazy doesn't mean stupid. Look at Jay Baldwin...need I say more???