PDA

View Full Version : A problem with Missie, please HELP!

Dixie Belle
09-23-2002, 01:11 AM
Friday, my husband and I were taking a tool back to my dad's in the pick up. We made it the road, then noticed that Missie was running behind us. We just stopped, picked her up and took her with us. Later that day, we were going to my husband's parents house for dinner, and she did the same thing. We were able to get her back to the house to stay that time.

Today, she was fine when I went to work, but when my husband tried to leave to go to his parents, Missie ran up to the car, begging to get in. When my husband reached down for her, she was shaking. But he had to leave her here. When he came back with his brother, she was still shaking.

Do you think she could be getting seperation anxiety (please excuse my spelling)? And if it is, what do we do? She seems fine if one of us is here. But if we both leave, she is freaking. And this is something that has just started this weekend. Advice PLEASE!

Fuzzy317
09-23-2002, 01:27 AM
How old is Missie, and how long has she been with you?

We currently have Asgrim as a foster. He has a little separation anxiety, but after a little while he calms down. He does not have anxiety when any of our dogs are outside with him.

lv4dogs
09-23-2002, 07:18 AM
Some more info. would be helpful like age, how long you have had her, what is her background like? Is she having any other symptoms? It could be the begingin of sep. anex. or it could be a spoiled dog (like one of mine) and by you stopping to let her in the truck and to continue to bring her for ride will just make it worse.

Dixie Belle
09-23-2002, 01:33 PM
She is about 8 months old. Her mother died during birth so she was hand raised. Her old owners bought her at three weeks of age. The took good care of her at first, but as she got over they started to neglect her. They were gone a lot, and she was left outside by herself. A lot of times they would forget to water her. After that happened a couple of times, they called us and asked if we wanted her. That was in July. She has been with us ever since. She is fine if she knows one of us is here. It is only when both of us leave. I was talking with wolf Q last night on IM. We are figuring that between her past, and that one day a couple of weeks ago, I was at work, and my husband was at his parents trying to fix our car, and she was here without us for longer that normal. She loves the other dogs, but she is very attached to people. I'm thinking that she is still remembering being forgotten, and after that day, she is scared we are going to forget her too. Am I making sense?