PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for us... Abigail and the others. UPDATE post 29

kt_luvs_kitties
03-17-2009, 06:08 PM
Hi PT. I am sorry that I have not been on in ages. I have had too much going on, and with my computer still broken, I have not had the time to come to my moms to borrow hers.

Killern Kitties, I wanted to say thank you SO much for Joeys hats. They fit perfectly, and helped his widdle ears alot. You did not leave a return address, so I did not get to send out a thank you. BUT I do thank you so much!:love:

Now on to the sad news.. Within the last 2 months, AbiGail has been drastically losing weight, not eating or drinking but she is throwing up. I took her to the vet twice, but they could not figure out what was wrong with her.

Today I took her in for more x rays and blood work, and this time they decided that she probably has FIP. They wanted to Put her down today, but I needed one more night with her. I am completely devastated. They said she has one of two things (FIP OR CANCER) but that either way, she would not make it through surgery for the cancer, or much longer with FIP> And that she was suffering now.

I dont know what to do with myself, I am scared for my other cats, and I am heartbroken over AbiGail. I just pray if she does have it, they wont get it. But her and 4 others are siblings, and that usually is passed from the mother. My cats all mingle and share the potty pans, food and water etc.

Anyways, I know I have not been on in a bit, I really wanted to but couldnt... Please pray that AbiGail has a safe trip over the Bridge tomorrow at 5:30, and that it is not FIP. I just can not lose any more kitties. I cant. *HUGS* KT and kitties

cassiesmom
03-17-2009, 06:43 PM
*HUGS* KT and kitties

Right back at'cha. :love:

RICHARD
03-17-2009, 06:47 PM
Sending you best wishes and prayers, thanks for letting us know!:(

DJFyrewolf36
03-17-2009, 07:01 PM
Prayers on the way!

Moesha
03-17-2009, 07:14 PM
I am so sad to see you back with this post. I've missed hearing about your furkids and am sorry to read this update. I sure hope the rest of the kitties will be fine. Hugs! You'll be in my thoughts.

Pinot's Mom
03-17-2009, 07:22 PM
I'm so sorry for what you're going through. Prayers and grace to you and your family. Safe travels to the Bridge for Abigail; prayers for the other furkids as well.

carole
03-17-2009, 08:44 PM
I am also very very sad to read your post, i hope everything works out ok for you and the other kitties will be ok, and i know taking Abigail to the vet will be horrific for you, my thoughts are with you right now,wishing and hoping with all m heart everything is going to be ok.RIP Abigail.

moosmom
03-17-2009, 09:34 PM
Katie,

I'm so sorry about Abigail. You and the fur crew will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Taz_Zoee
03-17-2009, 10:19 PM
Oh Katie, I know how heartbroken you must be over this sad news. I will hope that Abigail goes peacefully and that the other kitties will all be okay as well.

HUGS to you from California!!

Catty1
03-17-2009, 10:23 PM
Aw, hon!!! {{{{hugs}}}}

Poor AbiGail and poor you!

You know you have done everything for her...and she will know your love tomorrow, know you are there for her.

Sending love and hugs your way, and to Rob and all other furkitties. :love:

Prairie Purrs
03-17-2009, 10:30 PM
I'm so sorry. May AbiGail have a peaceful journey, and may all your other kitties stay well.

Emeraldgreen
03-17-2009, 11:28 PM
Prayers going out for you and for Abigail. Please know that we will be thinking of you both tomorrow and I hope that her passing will be peaceful. I'm so sorry that this has happened and pray that the rest of your family will be just fine. :love:

katladyd
03-17-2009, 11:48 PM
I hope your kitty has a safe, peaceful journey to the Bridge. I am praying for your other kitties as well. I know it's hard to do, but keep thinking good thoughts. All will be well!

orangemm
03-18-2009, 04:35 AM
Katie, I wondered where you were and have been a bit worried. I'm so sorry to hear about Abigail; your heart must be broken.:( All of us here send you our loving thoughts and prayers and we send Abigail peaceful vibes on her journey.

We'll all be with you in spirit. Don't stay away long, we've missed you.:(:(:love::love:

Medusa
03-18-2009, 07:05 AM
We'll be right there w/you in spirit as AbiGail makes her trip to the Bridge. She'll be comforted w/your presence and her life will be one of peace from now on. I'm praying that it isn't FIP that has made her ill so that your other kitties will be free from illness, too. Try to stay calm until you know more. Keep the faythe. (((HUGS))) :love:

GILL
03-18-2009, 08:51 AM
The "CREW" is so sorry too hear this. We are sending our prayers for you and Abby.

pomtzu
03-18-2009, 09:12 AM
So sorry to hear this.

I am lighting a candle for Abigail's safe passage to RB, and for the health of the rest of the kitties.

catmandu
03-18-2009, 09:47 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/meowies2307.jpg
Thats such sad news about Abigail , and we hope that you havea quality night together.
St Gertrude will be waiting for Abigail with the Animal Angel Army and will see her to Paradise , where you will meet again.:love:
prayers are on the way for Abigail and Her Best Friend from All Of Us.:love::love:

astrid
03-18-2009, 11:00 AM
Big hugs for you!!! :(
I'm praying for you and your kitties' health... keep the faith no matter what!!

Freedom
03-18-2009, 11:25 AM
Katie, how scary and how sad, all at the same time! HUGS, dear one.

And gentle pets for sweet Abigail.

Prayers that all the other kitties are healthy and will be fine.

moosmom
03-18-2009, 11:27 AM
Katie,

Do NOT worry about my siggy. It can certainly wait. This is far more important. I went and lit a candle for you and the fur babies.

krazyaboutkatz
03-18-2009, 11:42 AM
Katie, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Killearn Kitties
03-18-2009, 12:22 PM
What sad news. :( I'll be thinking of you.

AbbyMom
03-18-2009, 12:30 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. Take care.

SharkL8y
03-18-2009, 02:45 PM
My prayers and thoughts are with you and the rest of your babies. I'm glad you got another night with her. Her spirit will never leave you.

Love and faith,
Dj, Brie and Scutter

phesina
03-18-2009, 02:55 PM
Prayers and loving thoughts are with you and Abigail, and may the rest of your fur family remain healthy. I am so very sorry.

I lit a candle too.

snowbelle15
03-18-2009, 03:14 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. My prayers are with you, Abigail, and your other kitties.

orangemm
03-18-2009, 04:01 PM
Katie, I'm thinking of you and AbiGail, praying for both of you.:love::love::love:

kt_luvs_kitties
03-18-2009, 05:28 PM
I came back to my moms today, I thought I should post this...

I just could not put her down today. I woke up this morning, miserable. I looked at her and it broke my heart. It was about 70 degrees, so I opened the windows and let the air blow in. She even tried to swat a fly from the screen. I just needed one more day. I know the reality of this, I understand that she probably has FIP and will not live. BUT in my heart, I just am in denial. I rescheduled for tomorrow. I feel terrible, but she has good days and bad days. Today was a good day, and I could not face putting her down when she was up and about.

I feel so selfish, but how do you know when it is time? I hate bringing her back to the vet, she hates that place. She is scared the whole time, and I want her to be able to tell me "its time"... I just ache for her. I have NEVER had to put my own cat to sleep. Fosters I have but never my own. She is still a baby, and I just cant face it. I hate this part of being a meowmie.

Anyways, please still pray for the others, and that God gives me the strength to let her go, and that she is happy and restored once again. Thank you for all of the prayers and well wishes.:(

Catty1
03-18-2009, 06:45 PM
Awww, sweetie - how hard this is...and her being afraid at the vet's will make it harder.

Is there a vet who will come to your home? It might be a bit more expensive, but perhaps easier on AbiGail. How old is she?

It would be easier if there was a definite diagnosis, that's for sure. :(

{{{{hugs}}}}

Medusa
03-18-2009, 07:08 PM
Forgive me but is there any way that you can wait until you get a definite diagnosis? Perhaps that will make it somewhat easier on you. Whatever you decide, please know that prayers are continuing. More (((HUGS))). :love:

moosmom
03-18-2009, 08:30 PM
Katie,

If it's any consolation, MooShoo tested positive for FIP at the age of 4 months. The vet told me testing positive for FIP doesn't mean a death sentence. It just means he was exposed to FIP. He's now 10 years old. I think Medusa is right. Maybe you should wait for a definite diagnosis and prognosis before thinking about sending her to the Bridge. Just my opinion. You know I'm there for you, honey no matter what you decide.

krazyaboutkatz
03-18-2009, 10:24 PM
Yes, I agree that maybe you should wait a while. One time my RB Pepper stopped eating,I don't remember about his drinking, and it turned out that he had become constipated so badly that this caused him to be very sick. Hopefully Abigail will be able to start to show some signs of improvement. I'll continue to keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.