PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Pet Talk Meeting!

anna_66
09-22-2002, 09:15 PM
Well, what a wonderful day we had! The weather got a little rainy at first, then kinda windy & cold.........
but I think everyone had a good time, EXPECIALLY the dogs;)

Rottieluver45
09-22-2002, 09:17 PM
Wait!! I`m confused Who did you meet there?

anna_66
09-22-2002, 09:24 PM
all the pictures I took are HERE (http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291333595) & there is alot! But some really good ones. I can't wait to see Staci & Amy's!
Guys, we had a great time & thanks for coming, we'll have to do it again!
Oh ya....Roxey slept ALL the way home, she was bushed!

anna_66
09-22-2002, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Rottieluver45
Wait!! I`m confused Who did you meet there?

Sorry, guess I should have said! It was Staci (Shais_Mom) with her Keegan, & Amy (Cincy's Mom) with Sadie & Cincy. Her (Amy's) parents were there with Dazzi & Taggert also! And I brought Roxey!

Rottieluver45
09-22-2002, 09:29 PM
OK!! I got it now! Cute Pics!! :D

Logan
09-22-2002, 09:53 PM
Terrific!!!! :D :D :D

shais_mom
09-22-2002, 09:54 PM
Yes we all had a GREAT time!!! no thinking about it~~!!! Keegan is bushed also!! She was pretty quiet on the way home and has been all night!!!!!!!!!
Great pics Anna!! Loved the one of Roxey and Keegan!!! All the dogs did great!!!!!!!! Just awesome!!!!!
After you left a German Shorthaired pointer came and then after the little Daisy left a blue merle great dane came!!!
I can't wait to meet you again also!!! Keegan and I will definatley be going back, course its a looooooong way for Anna. :( But we loved it !!
Anna do you know if there are any in Lima?

zippy-kat
09-22-2002, 09:55 PM
Looks like a great time was had by all!

What wonderful pictures!!!

aly
09-22-2002, 11:15 PM
Ohhhh I'm so jealous!! I'm so glad you guys had a good time! I love all the pics you posted and I'm about to go check out the rest of them! :)

wolf_Q
09-22-2002, 11:44 PM
Aww, that sounds like SO much fun! I really like the pics--I'm still looking through them right now! Where in Ohio was your meeting? It's too bad that Rachel (Countrywolf07) didn't come too! :D All of the doggies are so beautiful, I just LOVE that pic of Sadie! Any more pics from Amy and Staci? Man, I wish there was a place like that around here.........we don't have any dog parks that I know of. :( Anyway, that looks like so much fun, I'm very jealous! I WANT TO HAVE A PET TALK MEETING! LOL

krazyaboutkatz
09-22-2002, 11:46 PM
Anna those are great pics. :) I'm glad that everyone had a good time including the dogs. Thanks for sharing these. :)

shais_mom
09-22-2002, 11:59 PM
We had it in a dog park in Findlay Oh.
I have to send my pics to get them developed and Amy had to have hers developed and put on a CD. Her's should be up by mid week and mine should be up by the following week.
Anna had her digital camera.
All the dogs got along great.
Keegan was absolutely wonderful! I was so proud of her!! She never acts as good as she did today!!!
She was a very very good girl!!!! She never let me out of her site and I was afraid she would go to the farthest corner of the park and then never come up to me. SHE DIDN'T!!! She gots lotza lovin and treats when we got home!!!!

AmberLee
09-23-2002, 12:21 AM
What fun!!! I'm so glad you all had a good time. It looks like the dogs had a blast.

I wish cats were more social. **sigh**

C.C.'s Mom
09-23-2002, 04:51 AM
This is so nice!

Thanks for sharing the pictures (and I'm definately going to look at the rest too later today). Always so nice to see how the PetTalkers look like :)

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-23-2002, 06:53 AM
Anna, Amy, and Stacie, it looks like the dogs had a great time! I am sur eyou had a pleasant visit as well. One of my very best friends goes to school in Findlay, OH. She is attanding aquestrian school.

Anna, surely you took more pictures! Come on! More pictures, please :)

Former User
09-23-2002, 07:10 AM
Great pics! I'm happy for you all that you got to meet!
I'd love to see more pics, but it asks me to join ImageStation before I can view them, and I don't want to do it as I don't plan to use ImageStation, just wanted to see the pics....:(

AdoreMyDogs
09-23-2002, 07:55 AM
Anna, Great pics! The pups looked like that had a fantastic time! Hey, next time you have an Ohio PT gathering, let me know. I might be able to come along with my pups. :D

mugsy
09-23-2002, 08:36 AM
Same here....we're only about 1 1/2 hours from Findley. I couldn't bring the whole pack, obviously, but I could bring a couple. I'm so glad you guys had a good time...I'm not sure who had more fun...you guys or the dogs! lol:D ;)

Dakota's Mommy
09-23-2002, 08:52 AM
Hey everybody! I'm so glad that everybody had a blast at the Ohio Pet Talk Meeting. I really wish that I lived closer so that I could bring Sadie and Cincy's cousin (Dakota) to play too. That's one bad part about living so far away. I'm sure Dakota would love playing with everybody just as it looks like everybody there had a blast!

anna_66
09-23-2002, 09:25 AM
That would be so awesome! It is also about 1 1/2 hours from my house. Just a nice afternoon drive:)
Molly, even yesterday Staci said could you imagine her bringing all her dogs! I wonder if the park has a limit on how many dogs you can bring in!!
How far away are you Leslie?
We'll have to set up another date sometime!

Dixieland Dancer
09-23-2002, 09:32 AM
Great pictures! Thanks for sharing!!! :D :D

aly
09-23-2002, 10:52 AM
I wanna come too next time!! Its only 20 hours and 3 minutes away :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sudilar
09-23-2002, 11:05 AM
Looks like you guys had a great time!! I am soooooo jealous!!! Great pics. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to seeing more!

ramanth
09-23-2002, 11:08 AM
Andy, Kia, and I will definately try to make the next Ohio PT meeting. :D Looks like you all had a great time!

And WOW :eek: has Keegan ever got big!!!! He's so handsome!

Kia went to the Rennaissaince Festival again on Saturday. I went albeit a sore hip and still had fun. :)

A friend took some pics of Kia the Fairy dog which I'll share as soon as I get them. :)

AdoreMyDogs
09-23-2002, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by anna_66

How far away are you Leslie?
We'll have to set up another date sometime!

Well according to Mapquest, I am 2 hours, 17 minutes away from Findlay, OH. It's not just around the corner, but it's really not that bad. I would love to go next time you have a meeting, just let me know :)

shais_mom
09-23-2002, 01:46 PM
That's my girl!!!! Keegan will go to almost any man that is willing to pet her and flip over on her for a belly rub!!! Good thing her mom isn't like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o
I was soooooooooo impressed how well all the dogs got along!!! Especially since they were all females except for little Taggert!
Kim, Leslie, and Mugsy and all. I plan on going to the park pretty frequently since it is only about a half hour from me and I go to Findlay all the time. Keegan needs the socialization with other dogs. We were laughing yesterday b/c you can tell Keegan is an "only dog" (gonna stay that way too!!) b/c she certainly prefers the company of people vs. the other dogs. She would only run and play with them if she could see me. And in the pics of the Amy, Anna, and I you can see her in the pics. B/c Amy's dad took the rest of the dogs for a walk and Keegan wouldn't go!!!!
Any time you want to meet there let me know. I work M-F second shift also, so I will only be able to go on Sat or Sun, too, like you. I worried about Anna coming all that way, I hope she comes back to get her money's worth!!!! I know Mark said you could bring Angus and leave him in the time out cage! But that would be pretty stressful for the poor guy!! I know he was just kiddin'. I would love to meet Huney, as Roxey has one of the best Husky personalitites I have ever met, I fell in love with her. Well, ok all of them! I may have to venture that way "SOUTH" sometime. Tho I don't know if Angus will like Keegan!!
I take Keegan to my parents house on my day's off for exercise but they don't have a dog so she doesn't get the interaction I want her to have. Altho 3 of their neighbors have Goldens. With Keegan there, there would be 5 of them all together!!!
Any time any of you have a free Sat or Sunday let me know, We (Amy or I) can get you the application and send it too you, I would love to meet you!!!
OH Souraya, if you look in Anna's first post she has the alblum of the day on Image station. She took like 60+ pics!!!

AdoreMyDogs
09-23-2002, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by shais_mom

Any time any of you have a free Sat or Sunday let me know, We (Amy or I) can get you the application and send it too you, I would love to meet you!!!

Application? Do you have to apply to get into the dog park? If so, then that's a first! How much does it cost to get in?

mugsy
09-23-2002, 02:52 PM
Geez Leslie, you're one step ahead of me AGAIN!! lol I had the same question. Would someone be willing to either fax me a copy of the app or send it to me??? I assume they want the names, vet name, shot info and such. I would LOVE to come. We could probably bring 4 at a time if Mike came with me. That is if there's not a limit.

gini
09-23-2002, 03:00 PM
It looks as though all of you had the best time together. It is fun seeing all of your dogs together playing.

I am being a bit silly here, but have any of you ever heard of a "cat park". Can you just imagine driving a couple of hours and then letting your cats get together? Now that would provide some interesting pictures!

Glad you could all get together!

wolflady
09-23-2002, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by gini
I am being a bit silly here, but have any of you ever heard of a "cat park". Can you just imagine driving a couple of hours and then letting your cats get together? Now that would provide some interesting pictures!...

LOL LOL ROFL Now THAT would definitely be entertaining huh??!! :eek: :D :D

That is so neat that you were able to get together and have some fun with the dogs! What a treat! :D

Cincy'sMom
09-23-2002, 03:50 PM
Wow! Three pages of responses before I even got a chance to post!

First, Dog park info: I have an application at work I can make copies of and send to any one intersted. Just PM or email me your address. The fee is $10/yr for up to 3 dogs, additional dogs are $5 and they expire at the end of Dec (so with colder weather coming people coming further may want to wait so you get the full 13 mos out of it. New passes can be bought 1st of Dec. and then will be good til end Dec. 2003) They also require proof of vaccinations. Supposedly, they are putting 3 more parks in Findlay next year all of which should be closer to the interstate (the one now is across town from I-75).
Findlay is about 45 min-1 hr south for me, so anyone coming from Michigan can stop and my house and we can go down together.
There is also a park in Bowling Green Ohio which is closer to Michigan, but it has a fee of $25/yr if you live outside Wood County.

The girls had such a great time!!! They were so tired Sadie didn't even eat dinner last night! I was really impressed how well they all got along, even though Sadie is a rough player. I think poor Keegan felt overwhelemed at times. Esp. since Roxey was there first and Keegan became the "new girl"

I put my film in today and should get it back Wednesday. May be Thursday before I get my pics up though :)

Thanks for coming, Anna and Staci!

Kfamr
09-23-2002, 04:31 PM
Cute pics!

~WHOA Keegan is a BIG girl! How muhc does she weigh?

jackiesdaisy1935
09-23-2002, 08:02 PM
it looks like you all had a wonderful time and I absolutely loved the pictures. All those beautiful dogs in one place, wow and I believe that little terrier was Daisy, what a cutie.
Jackie

shais_mom
09-24-2002, 12:32 AM
Yes like Amy explained so thoroughly there is a few and application. Simply for the health of the dogs. I am sure people that don't care for their dogs like we do or get them their shots like we do would try to come and infect the other dogs.

Yes I think Keegan was overwhelmed too, at times!! She hasn't ever been around that many dogs, since she left her litter!!!
Kay Ann, not sure how much she weighs, prolly 85 -90 pounds. Her birthday is Saturday.

Yep Jackie we actually had 2 "Daisies" Amy's parents little white dog Dazzi is pronounced Daisy.

Dixieland Dancer
09-24-2002, 08:10 AM
Dusty would really love to come and play since he thinks he is the official dog greeter everywhere we go. He is use to being around lots of dogs since we go to classes and the park on a regular basis. Plus we get some of the puppies from his litter together on a regular basis. Unfortunately Map Quest says we are about 4 1/2 hours away from the dog park in Ohio. Just a little far for a day of play.

We have a dog park 5 minutes from our house and they don't charge a fee. I find that people who don't care about their animals like we do usually do not come to the park. It is always people who care a lot who bring the dogs for exercise.

I enjoyed all the pictures!!!! :D :D

Dakota's Mommy
09-24-2002, 09:48 AM
Aly, since we both wanna go, we'll have to car pool, LOL. I'm so glad that everybody had a great time and that others want to become involved in the future as meetings continue to take place.

Shais_mom, I know my parents are out there about once a day with Taggert so that he can get out some of his energy so if you ever want Keegan to have a dog he's met to play with, I'm sure you could set something up with them. But yes, Taggert gets taken out usually once each day! Daisy used to get to go along, but I'm not sure how much longer she'll be going along because of the way that she's been acting out there. I guess we'll have to wait and see!

shais_mom
09-24-2002, 12:55 PM
Yes we had to laugh that Dazzi had quite the little attitude!!;) At first she kinda had a problem with Keegan then she tolerated her much better for the rest of the day. Until Katie the GSP came and then she got socked in timeout the rest of the day! I was really surprised to hear she was only 2 1/2. I thought she was a little old lady! Of course, another lady that came thought Cincy was alot older too, she was surprised that she was only a year old. (AS OF TOMORROW!)
Happy Birthday Cincy!!! ;)

Staci