PDA

View Full Version : turtle

catchat
09-22-2002, 09:06 PM
I was in petsmart today and I bought a red ear slider turtle! a aquatic turtle. I think I am going to name him Bart.not sure yet.anyway, here is a pic, he is in his temporary tank, I have to get a bigger one. I went to the grocery store and the guy gave me some greens for him free! well they were all willted anyway but good enough for Bart.

I am going to do some research on turtles now, but if anyone knows anything please email me or send me a pm...thanks

petsmart told me alot, but I still want to research.
I hope I can care for him(or her!) I have never had one before.

(toughCookie)

catchat
09-22-2002, 09:13 PM
ooops I forgot the pic...

he was not too cooperative so I will have to get a better pic when he is not so shy. you can't see the red ears in this pic.
they look yellow LOL
oh well

Karen
09-22-2002, 09:43 PM
Congratulations! Welcome to the world of turtle ownership! :) :D

Aspen and Misty
09-22-2002, 09:47 PM
You are so lucky! Turtle are illegal in PA. :( . You can buy huge tortises. They are 1,000 dollars though because they are the ones you see in the zoo's that grow to be like 600 pounds 6 feet wide as tall as you knees and stuff. They also live for 200 years.

He is a cutie! What made you deced on a turtle? You just walk in and say hey a turtle. That happens to the best of us. You walk into a pet store thinking you know I will just buy a couple of things and next thing you know you have spent 100 dollars on a mouse who needs a home which needs toys and a water bottle and food O and don't forget that cute thing over there. Congradulations on the New addition. Have fun with him!!!

Ash

catchat
09-22-2002, 10:46 PM
thanks! I have thought of getting a turtle for years, and I was kind of down after seeing the kitties that I can't adopt(can't handle any more) so I passed the tanks,a nd said to myself what the hell I am going to get one. next month I am going to get a second one and a large tank for them.

I will post more pics when I get the 2nd turtle and the tank all set up...in the mean time, I have to think of a name for this one, I don't think I like the name Bart. Guess I might as well think up 2 names while I am at it...any suggestions?

kingrattus
09-23-2002, 12:46 PM
I told my mom that I wanted the sick turtle in the pet store, because they were being miss treated & fairly sick. I got the smallest one & he (it was really a she in the end) had a huge growth on the side of his face. I was determand to get him better, get rid of the growth & give him a good life in the mean time. It took only 6 month to get rid of the growth & fatten him up & grow him some muscles so he could swim & walk properly. I fed him fish, turtle food, shrimp, worms, meat, goldfish food, bugs & water plants, I was trying to get him use to a wild diet & I almost never handled him, he became mean & kept trying to bite me, so once a night I would piss him off, so he wouldn't make the misstake of going near humans again, because when summer came, he hated people & was eating well & I set him free where he was stolen from the wild.
I named him Bummpy becuase of the growth, but when the growth was gone, his name didn't fit him anymore.
I still miss Bummpy.

Jess

Desert Arabian
09-23-2002, 03:07 PM
AWWWWWWW.....Jess...... that's really sweet!!

toughCookie
09-23-2002, 07:39 PM
yes, that really was wonderful of you! Lucky Bummpy! what caring person you are!

kingrattus
09-23-2002, 10:42 PM
It wasn't easy letting him go, I grew attatched to him, but I made him a promise, nor was it easy catching him & bring him to the canal, he clawed & tried to bite me, & stuffing him in a napsac was alot of fun... heheh... I see lots of turtles where I set him free. lots of red eared sliders & painted turtles.