PDA

View Full Version : EGGS EGGS and more EGGS

inlovewithanimals
03-16-2009, 02:58 PM
Ok so I have two fishers lovebirds (as i think you know?) well We put in a nesting box a couple months ago and looky here now there are NINE yes NINE eggs : O lol We dont think any of them are fertile well honestly Im kinda of hopeing they are not fertile because i would have a hard time giving up the babies :( But who knows?

I'll keep you updated.

NOW WITH PICTURES!! lol.

Karen
03-16-2009, 03:13 PM
Goodness, 9 eggs! That's a lot for such little birds! Do let us know if anybody hatches.

Marigold2
03-22-2009, 09:36 AM
How exciting. How long does it take before they are suppose to hatch?

aTailOf2Kitties
03-22-2009, 10:02 AM
I used to have zebra finches. Our first pair always laid infertile eggs, but the next set raised so many chicks we would regularly trade them to the local pet store for other pet supplies. They were sooooo cute but there was just too many to keep.

Husky_mom
03-23-2009, 12:23 PM
How exciting. How long does it take before they are suppose to hatch?

not sure about lovebirds.. but for budgies and cockatiels is between 18-21 days...

wow! 9 eggs!!... lotsa work.... while I do hope they are fertilefor one part, he other hope that not all... ;)...

how far long are they?.. have you candled them?.... pics of the parents ;)

inlovewithanimals
03-24-2009, 08:38 PM
Hey everyone no new news yet and it takes anywhere from 20 - 23 days before they hatch adn its been about 25 so ill give it till 30 but i dont think anything will become of them. and i will post pictures of the parents when i have more time due to high school exams. : ( lol

Ill keep updateing.

inlovewithanimals
04-08-2009, 09:44 AM
well now i KNOW that nothing will come of the eggs. But here are pictures from about a week ago.

By the way BOTH of the parents are pure fishers lovebirds.I think theire beautifull. lol. I have head black masked peachfaced and almsot any other kinda you can think off. Lol.

Ok enought with words here are the pictures

Karen
04-08-2009, 11:02 AM
Good to be sure now. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Marigold2
04-09-2009, 10:10 AM
Any more news.

inlovewithanimals
04-27-2009, 06:02 PM
the eggs have been taken out. and so has the box nothing had come of them within 2 months so time for them to go bye bye. so yeah..