PDA

View Full Version : PT prayers still needed. Update post 137

ChrisH
03-16-2009, 05:16 AM
He has two lumps, one each side just behind his front legs, one small, one huge. One of which is an enlargement of the suspected fatty lump found by the vet last year, maybe the other is just a fatty lump too ... oh, God, I pray it is so.

We go see the vet tomorrow morning. A new vet too, at a place we can get to by walking (hopefully if my health will hold out) which is better because travelling in a vehicle freaks him out so.

We all know PT prayers are heard so please, please, say some for my boy.

mr.chiwawa
03-16-2009, 05:33 AM
Paws are crossed here for the best news possible and I will put your little guy into my prayers. Keep us posted Sending love your way

Randi
03-16-2009, 05:50 AM
Oh Chris, I know how worried you must be. I hope the lumps Bob have is nothing serious. It probably is a fatty lump. Try not to worry too much. Is he acting his normal self?

Sending lots of positive thoughts. :love:

(((hugs)))

jenluckenbach
03-16-2009, 06:18 AM
Prayers for dear Bob one of my all time favorite PT pups.

Cinder & Smoke
03-16-2009, 08:32 AM
Hi God ~

Got a minnitt?
Ask Tubby & Peanut to gas up da Silver Klowd and get a MapQuest for
'North Wales, UK' - dat's across da big Pond onna Island. Kant miss it.

Bobby, da pretty Dawg, lives der ... and needs sum help wiffa lump or two.

Pleeze make em go away an not come back.
And whlie You're there - maybe give his Mom a big {{{God'sHug}}} to let her know
that You're werkin on Bobby's case.

THANKS, God!
/s/ the Prayer Pups

ChrisH
03-16-2009, 08:33 AM
Heartfelt thanks guys.

Randi, he's fine in himself, as mad, bad and exasperating as normal.:D Loving his walks, loving his food and as happy as ever. As you can tell by the attached pics taken this morning and this video.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/Bobby%2009/th_MVI_1970.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/Bobby%2009/?action=view&current=MVI_1970.flv)

king2005
03-16-2009, 09:48 AM
Remember that old G.Shep.Mix dog (Cadeau) I use to live with? Remember when she had that huge operation & they shaved her 1 side & her butt area? That was the vets removing fatty masses as 1 was about to block her bum. She was an older girl (forget the age now).. maybe 11-12ish? anyways. She wasn't overly healthy to begin with (poor care) & she had no issues recovering from the operation. If it wasn't for the one on the butt the operation wasn't needed. They caused her no pain & didn't seem to bother her at all. She still slept on her sides (they were on both sides of her chest & her butt)

So heres hoping its just a fatty mass.
:love: Bob will be in our thoughts :love:

Freedom
03-16-2009, 09:59 AM
Prayers for Bobby from RI!

MonicanHonda
03-16-2009, 10:01 AM
Oh I hope everything turns out well. Honda and I know the scares of lumps. Usually they turn out okay. *Paws crossed*

sasvermont
03-16-2009, 10:27 AM
I hope all turns out just fine for Bobby boy and you. I know how much you love the fella. He certainly seems fine and HAPPY!

I'm putting my money on a positive outcome, for sure!

(((((((((((((((ChrisH)))))))))))))))

:love:

lizbud
03-16-2009, 10:32 AM
Prayers for Bobby (and you too). :)I hopet the lumps are not too serious.

Randi
03-16-2009, 11:01 AM
Thanks for sharing the video and pics, Chris. He looks like nothing is wrong with him - nice coat, shiny eyes and all. :) He is just the sweetest boy!! :love:

I will keep sending good thoughts.

Edwina's Secretary
03-16-2009, 11:06 AM
My Bobby lies over the ocean, my Bobby lies over the sea! I thought maybe if I sing to him it will help.....thinking of you my Bobby....:love::love::love:

Prairie Purrs
03-16-2009, 11:16 AM
Here's hoping those lumps are easily remedied and won't cause Bobby any trouble at all.

Killearn Kitties
03-16-2009, 11:19 AM
Hope those lumps are nothing to worry about Bobby! The girls have their paws crossed too. We will be thinking of you.

gini
03-16-2009, 11:28 AM
Aw, Chris, I will add prayers too that it is just a fatty tumor and nothing to worry about. Please keep us updated when you can.

:love::love::love: for Bobby!

happylabs
03-16-2009, 11:32 AM
Saying a prayer!

cassiesmom
03-16-2009, 12:40 PM
Hope those lumps are nothing to worry about Bobby! The girls have their paws crossed too. We will be thinking of you.

One more grey kitty with crossed paws and also one more person thinking and praying for you HUG HUG HUG HUG

boomersooner
03-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Thinking about Bobby here in Texas.....keep us posted

Karen
03-16-2009, 01:07 PM
Hoping that the new vet works out well, and that the lumps turn put to be nothing serious.

Daisy and Delilah
03-16-2009, 02:22 PM
My thoughts and prayers are headed that way for both of you. I hope it's nothing to worry about. Bless you both.

ChrisH
03-16-2009, 03:59 PM
Oh, my, you all got me all teary eyed here. Bob and I send, many, many thanks to you all for the love & support. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/grouphug.gif
Phred, special thanks for getting the prayer pups on the line, and King, thanks for reminding me about Cadeau, how all went well for her.

Once again, to you all, many, many thanks. We will keep you updated for sure.

chocolatepuppy
03-16-2009, 04:12 PM
Pawsitive thoughts and prayers headed Bob's way.

king2005
03-16-2009, 04:50 PM
and King, thanks for reminding me about Cadeau, how all went well for her.

Your welcome :)
Keep positive :)

Hugs to you & Bob

ramanth
03-16-2009, 10:15 PM
Praying for you Bobby boy!!! :love:

K9karen
03-16-2009, 11:08 PM
Waiting anxiously for results on Bob's lumps. Still thinking of you and sending prayers and lots of :love:

wolf_Q
03-16-2009, 11:22 PM
I'll be thinking of you and Bobby! Hopefully the lumps are nothing serious!

ChrisH
03-17-2009, 07:18 AM
No real news.

The one big lump needs to have a needle aspirate and/or a biopsy to determine exactly what it is and because they don't have the facilities to do that there I need to take him back and from there he will be taken to their hospital.

As to when, I will keep a real close eye on it and, provided it doesn't increase in size, that will be when he goes for his booster shots in early May.

Thanks again to you all for the prayers & good thoughts {{big hugs}} and I will be sure to keep you updated on any further developments

slick
03-17-2009, 02:36 PM
Chris:
Thank you for your emails keeping me up to date on this.
I guess you could say that this good news considering what the vet says.

All fingers and paws crossed here that the big lump doesn't grow.

{{{hugs}}} Chris :love::love::love:
Purr kisses to Ebbs and Kisses to Bob.

**sigh** Oh Bob, if only you knew how much I wuv you :love::love::love:

dukedogsmom
03-18-2009, 11:49 PM
Try not to worry about Bob. Duke had those lumps and Dasher has lumps ov various sizes on him. I know you will, though. Give him some hugs from me :love:

ChrisH
03-19-2009, 02:22 PM
Thanks slick & Val. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/kiss.gif

Although I don't really believe the growth has increased in size - sometimes it seems it has but I think the mind plays tricks sometimes when one is worried? Anyhow, I came to the decision that as it would have to be investigated and probably removed sooner or later it might as well be sooner. I take him in on Tuesday March 24 at 9:30am. He freaks out on short distances in a car, I hope he will be ok travelling all that way, he will be sedated though I hope. As for the op ... well, I don't have to tell you all how much of a wreck I'm going to be until my boy is back home again.

slick
03-19-2009, 02:51 PM
I'll be home all day on the 24th.....will call you. :love::love:

Daisy and Delilah
03-19-2009, 03:40 PM
Poor Bobby.....and Mom :( I'll be sending out thoughts and prayers right along to help in Bob's recovery. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

dukedogsmom
03-19-2009, 09:10 PM
I certainly understand. If I were you, I'd feel better about getting it removed, too. That's why I went ahead and had the one on Dasher's foot removed plus the vet recommended it. I hope everything goes smoothly.

joycenalex
03-19-2009, 09:24 PM
you and the sweet bobby are in my prayers

krazyaboutkatz
03-19-2009, 09:30 PM
Chris, I'm just now seeing this thread.:o I hope that everything will go well. I'll keep both of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Alysser
03-19-2009, 09:39 PM
Chris, I am so sorry I didn't reply earlier. I'm glad to hear Bobby is going to the vet, I hope everything's A-OK! Keep us updated please.

((hugs)) to both of you!

ChrisH
03-20-2009, 06:53 AM
Heartfelt thanks from Bob and I for your kind comments, good thoughts and prayers. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/grouphug.gif

cyber-sibes
03-20-2009, 07:06 AM
Just saw this, Chris. You & Bob will be in my prayers, we're sending you sibe vibes!

Vela
03-20-2009, 07:38 AM
Lots of prayers for you both, for Bobby that his lump is nothing to worry about, and for you that your nerves allow you to get through the surgery in one piece! Hugs to you both.

Logan
03-20-2009, 07:53 AM
Bobby and you are in my prayers, too, Chris. Hope everything turns out just fine! :)

Taz_Zoee
03-20-2009, 09:45 AM
I just wanted you to know you and Bobby are in my thoughts.

ChrisH
03-21-2009, 07:14 AM
Thank you so much. {{hugs}}

K9soul
03-21-2009, 07:32 AM
Oh Chris, I certainly understand your worry. You and Bobby boy will be in my thoughts and prayers. Many hugs your way, and some scritchies for sweet Bob.

cassiesmom
03-21-2009, 04:12 PM
I hope that everything will go well. I'll keep both of you in my thoughts and prayers.

That goes for me too,
Elyse

K9karen
03-21-2009, 04:23 PM
Always thinking of you and Bobby. Lots of prayers coming your way! :love:

DJFyrewolf36
03-21-2009, 08:02 PM
Just seeing this, prayers on the way for your Bobby boy! *HUGS*

ramanth
03-22-2009, 04:58 PM
More prayers for Bobby!! :love:

ChrisH
03-22-2009, 05:32 PM
Thank you all so much. {{hugs}}

boomersooner
03-22-2009, 05:53 PM
Lots of Springer prayers from Texas!!!

Casper
03-22-2009, 06:29 PM
I am sorry I did not catch this thread until now. I will keep your handsome Bobby in my thoughts.

Sending pawsitive thoughts and prayers to both of you. :love: ((((Hugs))) all around!

captain
03-22-2009, 10:26 PM
Chris,
I struggle to get on here much, and here is a thread about your Bobby boy - my thoughts, hugs and prayers will be with you.
Let me know via email too, ok???

ChrisH
03-23-2009, 11:27 AM
Thanks {{hugs}}.

Michelle, I will.

ChrisH
03-24-2009, 06:17 AM
It was hard leaving him there at the vets ... his face ... 'why are you leaving me, Mum' kind of thing.

They are going to be removing both 'armpit' lumps, seems better to get the smaller one out now rather than wait until it grows bigger.

I'll update later.

king2005
03-24-2009, 06:51 AM
Bob will be in our thoughts all day:love:

Randi
03-24-2009, 07:34 AM
Oh Chris, I can just picture the look in his eyes. :( It is better to get it removed now rather than later, and I'm sure it will go well! :)

Sending more positive thoughts to your sweet boy, and hugs to you! :love:

slick
03-24-2009, 11:50 AM
I've emailed you Chris. :love::love:

slick xoxo

Prairie Purrs
03-24-2009, 12:00 PM
Best wishes for Bobby boy today. I hope everything goes smoothly and that he's home and happy in no time.

Seravieve
03-24-2009, 12:21 PM
We had a bump removed on Zeke. It was on his chin, started out small.. and just kept growing. And he was real sensitive to it. We could barely look at it because he didnt want us touching it. It looked like a big raspberry, had indentions where the hairs were growing, and was purplish.

We had it removed at the Vets.. was about $350 worth of work.. and they said it could come back. Hasn't yet, and its been a good 6-8 months. It wasnt cancerous, but it would keep growing and it hurt him. I can't remember the name of it now... =)

I sure hope Bob isnt too uncomfortable with stitches in both armpits! :eek:

ChrisH
03-24-2009, 04:16 PM
Thanks guys.

He came through the surgery just fine. Has a drain in the one side which is due to be removed Sat morning and the stitches taken out on April 3.

I'll update properly tomorrow.

lizbud
03-24-2009, 04:24 PM
It was hard leaving him there at the vets ... his face ... 'why are you leaving me, Mum' kind of thing.

Oh Chris, I know what you mean, that look always melts my heart too.:(

I am glad the surgery is over for Bob & hoping for a quick, complete
recovery.

Did he ride well in the car?

ChrisH
03-25-2009, 07:50 AM
Liz, I don't know if he rode well in the van to the hospital, I do know that he caused some problems coming back to the surgery ... I haven't asked for any more info, I'll only end up apologising for something I warned about. He was fine coming home from the surgery with me, my granddaughter and my son in his car, but he was mostly out of it so I don't know if it counts.

This is when he got home.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/Bobby%2009/IMG_1986.jpg

This 'you are so cruel and I hate you' look yesterday evening.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/Bobby%2009/IMG_1990.jpg

We had a some trouble with him being in the crate this morning - he couldn't get out of there for ages, his cone kept stopping him - so I've folded it up and put the blankets in the corner for him.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/Bobby%2009/IMG_1992.jpg

I noticed that there is more flesh showing just below the top drain than there should be so we go back to the surgery tomorrow morning to have it looked at and sutured.

I'm putting this picture as a link because it shows the wound more clearly and maybe some would like to pass.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/Bobby%2009/IMG_1991.jpg

sasvermont
03-25-2009, 08:07 AM
Oh Bobby. You look so unhappy in the photos! I surely hope you have a speedy recoverery and all your results are fine!

Also, please do behave yourself as your Mom is stressed enough! Be a good boy Bobby! You will get such special treatment so sit back and enjoy it to the fullest.

Get well soon Bobby Boy!:love::love::love:

Barbara
03-25-2009, 08:13 AM
I am just seeing this thread- sending all my best thoughts for a speedy and full recovery. Of course anyone can look sad when it goes to the vet's but nobody can do it as heartbreaking as Bob does.

lizbud
03-25-2009, 09:06 AM
Awww, poor baby.:( The wound looks like it's in a uncomfortable spot.
Rest up Bobby & hope you can get back to ball playing soon sweetie.

king2005
03-25-2009, 09:39 AM
Chris, just don't be alarmed when red liquid drips out of the tubes. There will be blood all over the area & we were told not to wash the area as it had to stay dry. After a few days it was ok to take a damp cloth & clean 1-2 inches around the stitches, but it wasn't necessary. After a week we could wash the area better & once she was all closed up & the stiches were out, we could wash the whole area with a damp cloth.

The dripping will happen wherever Bob walks, so if you have white carpets somewhere, I advise to move them, or keep him out of those areas, or put something on the carpet so the dripping wont stain it (unless you don't care about the carpet :) )... The same goes for your pants... try not to wear fancy clothing near him, as he might drip on you when hes walking around more.

Cadeau dripped all over the house & all over everything! It was kinda gross, but it was a good sign :)

Have you tried to give Bob a relaxer type of pill so car rides aren't horrible for him? My sister is doing that to her cat so she can go in for xrays today. The cat FREAKS because a past vet assaulted the cat (it was really bad) & the cat was just standing there calm :( Anyways, after the xray the cat will be placed into a med sized dog crate so my sister can take her home without trying to calm the cat down for 2hrs sp she can pick up the cat (ya its that bad now)... But if it'll help her cat have an easier time at the vets, maybe it'll help Bob too?

krazyaboutkatz
03-25-2009, 11:02 AM
Bobby looks so sad.:( I hope that he'll heal up quickly and be a good boy. I'll continue to keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

ChrisH
03-25-2009, 12:29 PM
Thank you all for your kind words, thoughts and prayers, they help a lot. {{hugs}}

king, thank you for your advice. As for giving Bob a relax type pill, I haven't got anything like that but I will be giving him a pain pill shortly before we go tomorrow and that may help.

anna_66
03-25-2009, 12:41 PM
Oh Chris, I'm so sorry I didn't know about this before:o

I am glad to hear that he made it through the surgery and is at home now (even though he's not looking too happy yet).

I'll be saying prayers that he is up and feeling better soon.

BIG (((HUGS))) to you both.:love:

Seravieve
03-25-2009, 01:44 PM
Glad to see Bobby's back home where he can be more comfortable.

I had to LOL at the 'youre so cruel' look he was giving you!
I can see how it'd be hard to get out of the crate with a cone like that on!

cassiesmom
03-25-2009, 07:36 PM
Awww, Bob, sweety! Get well soon!

gini
03-25-2009, 07:52 PM
Oh Chris - poor Baby Bobby - he looks so unhappy. But just you wait - when he is feeling better he will give you your regular supply of kisses and all will be forgiven.

Prayers for you and Bob - that all heals well and is well!!

captain
03-26-2009, 03:28 AM
Chris, Sending you lots of :love:, and hugs ....
Don't they just make you feel so awful with that "look"!!!

Get well soon Bobby Boy. You KNOW your Mummy loves you ...

joycenalex
03-26-2009, 06:34 AM
checking in, and hoping for a good day for you and bobby...

ChrisH
03-26-2009, 07:11 AM
Thanks!

The car journey and vet visit went well this morning. Vet says everything is how it should be so that's a relief. Next thing, all being well, is the drain to be taken out Saturday.

Once again, many thanks to you all for your support, good thoughts and prayers.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/grouphug.gif

Killearn Kitties
03-26-2009, 10:47 AM
Oh poor baby! :( Those looks would break your heart!

Big big hugs to everyone. I hope Bobby continues to get better. :love:

Edwina's Secretary
03-26-2009, 01:06 PM
My dear, dear Bobby Boy! Do you need me to dash over there and kiss it and make it better???

Do not look at your momma that way -- she hurts too!

Chris...in a week or two sweet Bobby will forget all about his discomfort today...

CountryWolf07
03-26-2009, 01:13 PM
Oh my gosh, I didn't know about this..

Speedy recovery to Bobby! Aw, give him a kiss on the nose for me. :)

ChrisH
03-26-2009, 02:28 PM
Thanks Karen, Sara & CountryWolf. {{hugs}}

Forgot to tell you all something very important. The lumps were benign, just fatty ones. *cheer* :D

lizbud
03-26-2009, 07:06 PM

Forgot to tell you all something very important. The lumps were benign, just fatty ones. *cheer* :D

Woo hoo, wonderful news.:D Prayers continue for a speedy healing.

ChrisH
03-27-2009, 01:16 PM
Thanks Liz. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/kiss.gif
We, or at least I, need those continuing prayers. Not content with displacing the bottom end of the drain yesterday, today Bob's trick is to somehow have broken open the stitches leaving a wide among of the wound visible. :(

lizbud
03-27-2009, 04:29 PM
We, or at least I, need those continuing prayers. Not content with displacing the bottom end of the drain yesterday, today Bob's trick is to somehow have broken open the stitches leaving a wide among of the wound visible. :(

Oh Bobby, please be a good boy till tomorrow. Do you think he will
be ok till his Vet visit? Prayers continue for the both of you.:)

king2005
03-27-2009, 04:51 PM

Thats fantastic news!!!!!!

Daisy and Delilah
03-27-2009, 06:48 PM
Be a good boy, Bobby. I'm glad to hear it was benign and I wish you a very speedy recovery.
{{{{{HUGS ALL AROUND}}}}}

ChrisH
03-28-2009, 07:13 AM
Thanks ladies. {{hugs}}

Oh Bobby, please be a good boy till tomorrow. Do you think he will
be ok till his Vet visit? Prayers continue for the both of you.:)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/bag.gif
Liz, I am such a fool, his stitches are still intact. It was just pink skin I was seeing. I really need to remember to use my specs and look closer in future. :rolleyes:

Todays vet visit. Apart from him pooping in the car on the way down, and the embarrassment of him pooping in reception yet again, the visit went well. The drain was taken out and although the vet did see a little fluid left hopefully it won't pose a problem.
I'll just keep doing what I'm doing now, leave the cone on, keep the stitches area clean and try to make him stay quiet (also means no walks). If all goes well http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/8a63548a.gif come Friday it will be cone off and a nice walk to get the stitches out.

cassiesmom
03-29-2009, 07:04 PM
Hang in there, sweet Bob. Just a few more days and then hopefully all will be well.

K9karen
03-29-2009, 10:09 PM
Oh dear Bobby..don't be mad at mum. Your friend, Mz Logan just went through some minor sirjury and had to wear a *conehead* for a few days, and she tried to get me to feel guilty, (ok it worked) But mummy is just trying to help you so that you live a long, healthy life. Mz Logan said you'll get the hang of that thingy in a few days. We're so happy your lumppies were benign but sad that your stitches broke. No touchies, darling. We love you and hope you feel better real soon!

wolf_Q
03-29-2009, 10:11 PM
Poor Bob, he looks so pitiful! I'm glad to hear that the lumps were not serious though. I hope he'll be back to his old self soon!

Vermontcat
03-30-2009, 09:40 PM
I'm sorry I didn't see this thread until now.
I hope Bob feels better soon.:)

captain
03-31-2009, 05:02 AM
That is GREAT news Chris!!!!!

Fatty lumps - Yeee Haaaaaaaa - who would have thought we would be so happy to hear FAT in a sentence:D

ChrisH
03-31-2009, 05:44 AM
Thanks guys, appreciated.

I liken Mr Bobby Conehead to an elephant in his manoeuvres around the place. Just full steam ahead straight into doors etc (me too) and if possible knock over anything else in his way. :rolleyes: He's broken a strap on the cone now, ha, but little does he know I have another one waiting in the wings. :D

This is he on Saturday.(click to view video)
http://dc136.4shared.com/img/95955634/ec71731b/Untitled.wmv (http://www.4shared.com/file/95955634/ec71731b/Untitled.html)

All in all though he is being pretty good, for Bob that is. I am/was a little worried about continued bleeding but it seems (fingers crossed) to be a whole lot less today.

Roll on Friday. :D

Killearn Kitties
03-31-2009, 07:10 AM
Adorable Bobby boy! Take care of those stitches, because the faster they heel, the faster you will be rid of that horrid cone! Poor baby.

Randi
03-31-2009, 08:02 AM
Oh Bob, it's no fun having that cone on, is it! But in a few days you'll get the sticthes out and you'll be back to normal. It will be SO good going for walk! :) Meanwhile, enjoy the treats mom is giving you, and take lots of naps, so you heal fast. :)

Loved the video!

Edwina's Secretary
03-31-2009, 07:22 PM
That's my Bobby! Butt-wagging, ball-playing coneheaded Bobby!:love::love:

Lori Jordan
03-31-2009, 08:08 PM
Still Praying for you dear Bobby...You are always in my thoughts!

boomersooner
03-31-2009, 08:21 PM
Poor baby....they always look so pitiful in those things! Take care and get better, my little springer buddy!!

king2005
03-31-2009, 09:59 PM
He's looking good.. His wound looks just like Cadeau's did :) So don't be too worried, only a little ;) A little leaking is good, as all the fluids are coming out of him so he'll heal better.

Oh did the vets tell you what causes many fatty masses?

In case they didn't explain it to you (just want you to feel at ease & understand it well) its a buildup of fatty tissues. It happens when a dog (typically of an older age) bumps into things & the skin separates from the meat. The fatty tissues collect in the little pocket & keep growing as it separates the skin from the meat. Its completely harmless to the dog, unless grown in a bad area. FOr Cadeau it was about to block her butt & the blockage would have caused real issues. The vet said they never remove them unless they are causing issues as they are more then likely to come back.. so its best to wait until they are a minor issue (as in effect the dogs comfort).

I hope this info helps put you at more ease & hopefully educates others too :) Fatty masses only create more dog to love.. they are kinda like doggy love handles hehehe :) Hope you like that little joke :)

ChrisH
04-01-2009, 11:07 AM
Thanks everyone and glad you enjoyed the video. :D http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/grouphug.gif

Thanks for the info, Jess, although I know what fatty lumps are etc I didn't know what caused them. Very interesting.

ChrisH
04-02-2009, 06:22 AM
I wasn't going to remove his cone until tomorrow just before we go to get the stitches out, but his new crate came today ....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/Bobby%2009/IMG_2001.jpg

He's a happy boy now. :D

Of course now I have to keep listening out for licking sounds. :rolleyes:

Killearn Kitties
04-02-2009, 06:36 AM
Aww, happy Bobby! :love: Is that better sweetie? I hope you get those nasty stitches out tomorrow.

4 Dog Mother
04-02-2009, 08:28 AM
Sorry I have not responded to this thread until now Chris. My work and home life have been a little crazy so I don't get much time on the internet any more. I had read the title and had actually thought I had responded when you first posted just to let you know you and Bob were in my thoughts and prayers. So I have been thinking about you both although I didn't get to read any more about what was going on. Bob is such a beautiful boy I am just so glad that it was fatty tumors and not something worse. I have to say though that after looking at that first picture with the tube etc, I would have been freaking out - that was really ugly! I am so glad he is recovering. Nice new crate - don't think I have ever seen one with a side door like that.

Randi
04-02-2009, 10:06 AM
Bobby, I can see why you're happy - what a nice crate you've got there. :)

Chris, if Bob is going to have the stitches out tomorrow, I don't think you have to worry so much about him licking a bit. Fister's was healed nicely after 10 days.

Still, you could put something yummy on his paw, and he'll be busy licking that off. :D

ChrisH
04-02-2009, 04:24 PM
Diana, thanks for thinking of us and the prayers, much appreciated. And yes, that wound did look 'yuk', I wasn't quite prepared for that. :)

The crate. The old one is getting a mite rusty in parts (although it is nearly 11 years old after all) so I thought it was time for a new one. It, the new one, is a lightweight so was not expensive, Bobby just uses his crate as a den but it is useful to me as the occasional 'lock-up'. :) As for the side door, well, it also has a front door and that is one of the main reasons I bought it, most useful for where you can place it in the room.

Randi, you've now eased my mind about the licking thing, thank you!

cassiesmom
04-02-2009, 09:02 PM
Hi, Bobby, sweet boy! You look much better to me with your cone off. I bet your incision itches as it heals, but try not to lick at it, okay? It will stop being itchy soon. Please ask your mum to give you loads of kisses for me, and some to Ebby too. I'm glad you are healing well.

Kisses,
Elyse

ChrisH
04-03-2009, 03:51 PM
Thanks cassiesmom. I'm afraid he didn't heed your advice to stop licking and, in some ways, is back to square one.

Guys, I'm cracking a little here, need your prayers ... but before I tell you about today's happenings let me tell how things are a little different for me in the mechanics of vet visits.
I have COPD, which means lots of things affect how I breath, my ability to get enough air into my lungs. Sometimes walking is hard on me.
I don't have a car, can't drive, therefore perhaps unlike some of you, a vet visit isn't a matter of just putting the dog in the car and off we go.
My son has a car and is available sometimes to take us, which is fine except Bobby gets stressed and invariably poops in the car. Which is the reason I only accept and/or ask for my sons help if absolutely necessary.

Today. I walked Bob there, vet took out the stitches, noted a there was a still a small amount of fluid seeping through the little spot where the top of the drain had been. Instructions to bathe it and just keep an eye on it.

Bob had been licking a little during the day and around 4:15 I had a look at the site. A hole, a rather large hole. Phoned the vet and took him down there for her to take a look. May need a stitch in. If I went back with him tomorrow as there is only a morning surgery they wouldn't be able to bring him back. As I have told you, I have no car and my son is working and wouldn't be able to go get him so upshot is he would have to stay at the hospital until Monday.
So, off I go home with antibiotics with instructions to bathe it, keep it clean.

Back home, cone back on (an old one I already had) and crate dismantled.

Bob doesn't seem bothered but I'm tired and disheartened. :( Please say a little prayer for us both.

p.s. must explain about the vets locations. The surgery where we take pets to be looked at, checked over, whatever is within walking distance. The hospital at which all and every procedure, including stitches, is done is around 40 or so miles away.

lizbud
04-03-2009, 04:56 PM
Prayers still coming Chris.:) It is a shame the two services couldn't
be in the same building. I'm sure this added stress is hard on both you
and Bobby.:( Hopefully, this time will pass quickly & Bobby will be so
much better.:)

ChrisH
04-03-2009, 06:44 PM
Thanks Liz. {{hugs}}

Sorry about the pity party but as any of you who live alone know sometimes it's hard to deal with stuff all by yourself. Here are a couple of pictures of the hole, which, if you can bear to look at them, may explain why I got so upset after things seemed to be looking up.

broad view
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/Bobby%2009/IMG_2002.jpg

closer, using flash.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/Bobby%2009/IMG_2003.jpg

We'll survive, I/we have done though worse. :)

Cinder & Smoke
04-03-2009, 06:49 PM
Hi God ~

We gotz a lil bitta trubbel at Bob's Howze - over onna Island ...

The lumpz are gone, but da Zippur hazza lil "leak" and won't seal up. :(

Kan You ask da White Coat to consider bringin a Zippur Repair Kit over to
da Klinik near Bob's Howze - and doin a quickie-fix there?
I'd save da big, long Bus Trip to visit da Hobbsbittle - and You KNOW Bob
doesn't like da Bus ride one lil bit.

And while You're *fixin stuff* - maybe a lil Tune-Up on Momma Chris would help
wiff her breathin. She and Bobby would both like ta Feel Better.

THANKS, God!
/s/ the Prayer Pups

Daisy and Delilah
04-03-2009, 08:39 PM
I can certainly relate to your feelings, Chris. It's so hard to have to depend on other people. I have health problems too and I know what you mean. I love the picture of Bob in his new fancy crate.

I think you're doing a great job with the resources you have at hand. How many of us can say we walk our pets to the vet? I know I can't. I'm sending thoughts and prayers out to you and more for Bob right away.
{{{{{HUGS}}}}} I wish I was there to help you.:)

krazyaboutkatz
04-03-2009, 09:58 PM
Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent to you and Bob. Try to hang in there. Things will get better. Take care. (((HUGS)))

K9karen
04-03-2009, 11:30 PM
Oh My. I'm so sorry you have to struggle so much. My mom had COPD, so I can sympathize with your situation.

I know how difficult it is to rely on others. Been there. That's why I try never to turn anyone away, friends, relatives, who need a lift.

I hope Bobby's cone will stop him from licking his wound. Sure wish I could help you and Bobby. It'd OK if he pooped in my car.

captain
04-04-2009, 12:34 AM
It'd be OK if he pooped in my car.

Chris, and mine too.

I am so sorry you are disheartened. Bob sure does know how to work us up, doesn't he!!!?
Thinking of you ....

You know, here in Australia, they have Pet Cabs - so if you don't have a car, and need to get somewhere with your dog, you can book them. Anything like that there?

[[[[hugs]]]]
Michelle and the Spotties

Randi
04-04-2009, 05:57 AM
Oh Chris, I'm so sorry about this turn. :( To me, it looks like it needed a few more stitches to begin with.

For now, he will simply have to wear the cone, and I know that's no fun. Can you get him a tranquiizer to calm him down a bit so he sleeps more? 5 mg. of Valium works for Fister. I have a few times given him that at New Years eve.

I know how it is to have to dpend on others driving for you, I have the same problem. However, I have got hold of a pram my neighbors left, that I can put Fister's box in and walk him over to the vet. :) Perhaps you could do something similar? Borrow one from your neighbors?

Hope Bob will heal and get better soon! :love:

Here's a picture of it:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/Fister/Fister-visiting-John.jpg
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/Fister/Fister-visiting-John.jpg)

ChrisH
04-04-2009, 06:25 AM
Many thanks to you all my friends for your good thoughts, prayers and ideas. Very much appreciated. {{hugs}}

You know, here in Australia, they have Pet Cabs - so if you don't have a car, and need to get somewhere with your dog, you can book them. Anything like that there?
Yes, there are pet taxi services available in the UK but unfortunately none in my area.

Oh Chris, I'm so sorry about this turn. :( To me, it looks like it needed a few more stitches to begin with.

For now, he will simply have to wear the cone, and I know that's no fun. Can you get him a tranquiizer to calm him down a bit so he sleeps more? 5 mg. of Valium works for Fister. I have a few times given him that at New Years eve.

I know how it is to have to dpend on others driving for you, I have the same problem. However, I have got hold of a pram my neighbors left, that I can put Fister's box in and walk him over to the vet. :) Perhaps you could do something similar? Borrow one from your neighbors?

Hope Bob will heal and get better soon! :love:

Here's a picture of it:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/Fister/Fister-visiting-John.jpg
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/Fister/Fister-visiting-John.jpg)
Randi, yes, I too think perhaps it needed more stitches in the first place. As for wearing the cone etc he seems to have resigned himself to it and is being pretty good, in fact he was very good indeed whilst I was bathing it. Bless him.
A pram, trouble is that even if I found one to borrow I don't think I could manage pushing it up the hills, it's hard enough just walking. Good idea though, might work for a lighter load such as Ebby. :)

By the way, about the picture, I love that you took Fister to visit John. {{hugs}}

cassiesmom
04-04-2009, 05:06 PM
Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent to you and Bob. Try to hang in there. Things will get better. Take care. (((HUGS)))

That goes for me, too (((HUGS)))

Pembroke_Corgi
04-04-2009, 09:31 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Bob and you, too. :( I hope that Bob gets better soon and things work out.

wolf_Q
04-04-2009, 10:22 PM
I'm still keeping you and Bob in my thoughts. That has to be really hard not having easy transportation. That hole looks pretty painful too! I hope Bob will recover from all this soon and your life will be back to normal!

ChrisH
04-05-2009, 06:39 AM
Thank you all, much appreciated. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/grouphug.gif

anna_66
04-05-2009, 10:37 AM
Gosh Chris, I can imagine how disheartening it is to deal with all of this.

Many hugs to both you and Bob ((((HUGS))))

ChrisH
04-05-2009, 11:25 AM
Thanks, Anna.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/attachment-1.gif

gini
04-05-2009, 01:46 PM
Gosh, Chris, I know that all of us wish we lived just around the corner and we could drive you to the vets. Pooping in my car wouldn't be a problem either!! When we love our animals as much as we do - they are our children and whatever happens - happens - and we just clean it up.

I hope that soon Bob will be back to 100% and you can stop your worrying about him.

I love the new crate - and the look on his face is just priceless........he looks so happy.

Big hugs to you - better days are right around the corner.

PJ's Mom
04-05-2009, 02:10 PM
Poor Bob. :( I know he will pull through this and be back to himself in no time. You know he is one of my favorites here at PT. I will send positive thoughts and lots of {{{hugs}}} his way.

Hang in there Chris. It will get better. :)

ChrisH
04-05-2009, 05:37 PM
Thanks all for the heartening comments and good thoughts. {{hugs}}

I was pleased to see that it seems to be healing up quite well although there is a little lump to the side which could be something or nothing ... Anyhow, I'll let you all know how it goes at tomorrows vet visit.

Nomilynn
04-05-2009, 07:14 PM
I'm so sorry I didn't see this before now, I will keep you and Bob in my thoughts!

chocolatepuppy
04-05-2009, 07:26 PM
Continued prayers for Bob.

ChrisH
04-06-2009, 05:52 AM
^ ^
Thank you. {{hugs}}

As I knew it would be a different vet from Friday I took a copy of the picture I posted here to show him. He thinks, as I do, it is healing quite well so instead of taking him in he used and prescribed a gel to be used twice daily to promote the healing process. Bob goes back Thursday to check said healing progress and we'll go from there.

dukedogsmom
04-07-2009, 03:01 AM
So very sorry you're both having to go through this. I'd be happy to drive you to the vet. I hope things get better for you both soon.

ChrisH
04-07-2009, 05:18 AM
Thanks Val. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/kiss.gif

lizbud
04-07-2009, 06:56 PM
It's good to hear Bob is healing up well. :)

cassiesmom
04-07-2009, 07:00 PM
ChrisH and Bob, I am glad to read that it's healing -- yaaay! Add me to the list of people who wishes I could drive you to the veterinarian's office. I hope Thursday's visit goes well.

HUGHUGHUGHUGHUGHUG
elyse

ChrisH
04-08-2009, 09:23 AM
Thanks Liz & cassiesmom. {{hugs}} Fingers crossed eh?

ChrisH
04-09-2009, 06:55 AM
Nothing much to tell about todays vet visit. Vet thinks it is healing as it should, I just need to keep on doing what I've been doing. Of course if I'm worried at all I can call them but otherwise we go back Tues for a check-up.

Randi
04-09-2009, 08:46 AM
Chris, it sounds like it's going quite well now. :) Bob just needs to take it easy over Easter - with extra yummy treats provided. :D A short slow walk will probably be OK too.

Heal well, Bob!

(((hugs))) - And Happy Easter to you, Bob and Ebby. :love:

4 Dog Mother
04-09-2009, 09:45 AM
Sounds like things are going well, slowly but well. Hope you and Bob have a great Easter!

ChrisH
04-09-2009, 04:12 PM
Thanks. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/grouphug.gif

king2005
04-13-2009, 01:06 PM
Nothing much to tell about todays vet visit. Vet thinks it is healing as it should, I just need to keep on doing what I've been doing. Of course if I'm worried at all I can call them but otherwise we go back Tues for a check-up.

Thats great news!

Silly Bob for making mommy all worried. No more licking mister

ChrisH
04-14-2009, 02:46 PM
Made what is, hopefully, the last vet visit to do with the lumps removal and it's aftermath. Vet looks was happy with how it is healing and now it's, again hopefully, just a matter of just keeping an eye on it.

Fingers crossed, prayers said, that we do not have to go back there until it is time for the annual booster shots.

I'll keep his cone on for a little while longer though. I expect to be taking him for walks to the park again very soon, minus the cone of course, can't have him being laughed at by the other dogs. :D

Karen
04-14-2009, 04:18 PM
Good to hear! Be good, now, Bob!

lizbud
04-14-2009, 04:24 PM
That is good news for the both of you.:) Hope he's healed up before you know it. I'll bet he would love a walk without the cone.:)

gini
04-14-2009, 05:35 PM
Excellent news Chris!! Sit down now and relax - you have worried enough for this month!:love:

Moesha
04-14-2009, 05:35 PM
Glad that he got a good report from the vet. Keep up the good work.

cassiesmom
04-14-2009, 08:57 PM
Let's hear it for a good report! Hip, hip, hurray!

WELOVESPUPPIES
04-15-2009, 07:32 AM
Great news. ((Hugs)) to Bob

ChrisH
04-15-2009, 01:35 PM
Thanks everyone! It feels like it's been a long road but your prayers, support and good thoughts have helped enormously. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/grouphug.gif

ps
Proof he still needs that cone, I took it off for a while to give him a break and what does he do? Starts to nibble, that's what. :rolleyes: