PDA

View Full Version : invited to attend

davidpizzica
03-15-2009, 08:35 PM
I've been invited to attend anoter Lutheran church! While it's not a Missouri Synod Lutheran church like I'm used to, it's a ELCA Lutheran church which is pretty similar. I bowl with about seven people from this church and I would feel comfortable attending there and perhaps joining the church. At least I know I'll have a new church home.

Daisy and Delilah
03-15-2009, 09:42 PM
YAY!!! I was sure it wasn't going to take long, David. A great new church to belong to and have fellowship. It's great that you already know some of the people there. I hope you love it!:)

I didn't know you bowl with your artificial knee. Forgive me if you already told me about it. Good for you. That takes alot of guts!:)

davidpizzica
03-16-2009, 02:08 AM
Terry, I've known these people for a while a I'm happy that they would invite me. As for bowling on an artificial knee, there''s a gentleman that bowls in my league who has TWO artificial knees! He's the one that's gutsy!

Killearn Kitties
03-16-2009, 11:34 AM
That sounds ideal, David! I just saw your thread about the church closing. That is sad, but this sounds a great alternative. It's nice that you already know some people there.

Daisy and Delilah
03-16-2009, 12:14 PM
Terry, I've known these people for a while a I'm happy that they would invite me. As for bowling on an artificial knee, there''s a gentleman that bowls in my league who has TWO artificial knees! He's the one that's gutsy!

I have to tip my hat to both of you!! I've heard of people trying to bowl with artificial knees in my friend's league. I believe all of the three guys that tried had to drop out.
I know another guy that had both knees done at once and he is able to do everything.

I was able to do some yard work today and I feel victorious!!:)

davidpizzica
03-16-2009, 02:32 PM
I have to tip my hat to both of you!! I've heard of people trying to bowl with artificial knees in my friend's league. I believe all of the three guys that tried had to drop out.
I know another guy that had both knees done at once and he is able to do everything.

I was able to do some yard work today and I feel victorious!!:)

Terry, that's great to hear! I glad you were able to get outside and exercise.

carole
03-16-2009, 03:12 PM
Great news Bro , I am positive you will be an asset to this church, enjoy your time there and make new friends, good things come to those who wait, and those who deserve it, YOU my dearest buddy.:):love:

cassiesmom
03-21-2009, 05:21 PM
That sounds ideal, David! I just saw your thread about the church closing. That is sad, but this sounds a great alternative. It's nice that you already know some people there.

I agree with what KK wrote. I hope this will work out really well. It is sad about your church closing. A church near my mom and dad's house also closed and sold their building.

Marigold2
03-21-2009, 08:08 PM
How are things with the new church? Have you gone yet?