PDA

View Full Version : what sort of comments do you get with your dog[s]?

Candy317
03-15-2009, 08:09 PM
with me its....

do you run a daycare? why so many?

what a nice girl!....to the white fluffy boys!! esp. with pepe since all poodles are girls! :rolleyes:

can he see out that eye?....to valentino's blue eye...yes he can!! :confused:

Taz_Zoee
03-15-2009, 08:31 PM
I always get she's (Zoee) very pretty. Why does she have two different colored eyes? Is that common for the breed?

And Taggart hasn't been out much to get reactions, but everyone thinks he's so cute with his head tilt. :D

boomersooner
03-15-2009, 08:37 PM
I always get asked if Boomer is a border collie.

catnapper
03-15-2009, 08:44 PM
I always get "What type of dog is she?" (a golden doodle)
"Benji!!" (to which I KNOW its time to groom her again)
"Will she bite?" (only if you bite her first!)
"How cute/pretty!"

scrain2329
03-15-2009, 09:34 PM
trey - aaw he is so cute! woah he drools a lot. (my favorite haha!)
Bayley - down! or shes huge!
Kaysha - is she hypo allergenic? Is that a chihuahua? short hair for a Pomeranian, and people who guess that she is an aussie always say what a cute mini. lol I always explain that minis are way bigger than her, so are toys I usually get this face...:confused: hahaha

Seravieve
03-15-2009, 09:52 PM
Eli's usually the only one to go in public.. and he gets "Can I pet him?" followed closely by "Is he friendly?" or "Does he bite?". :rolleyes: Yes, I take my unfriendly dog to public places and let perfect strangers touch him. Lol. I also get "He's BIG for a Boxer." since he seems to be rather tall for the breed.

cali
03-15-2009, 09:59 PM
depends-

when its just Happy and Misty I get:
- "Look its twins!" uuuhhhh ya ok, they look absolutly NOTHING alike, but whatever.
-"hey are those, those sheepdogs?" I assume you mean BCs, so yes.

just Misty:
-*whispers to whoever they are with, while pointing* "OMG look at that gorgous dog!" ..my mom didnt believe me till she took Misty in public one day. she believes me now lol
-"is she a puppy?" umm no she is almost 7

just Happy:
-not a lot of comments, mostly its the actions that speak, people ADORE Happy. with her its more that she finds kids and she brings them out of their shell, the most recent one was where a little boy saw her and ran sceaming and and crying, I found out he had been attacked by a dog when he was younger. Happy didnt push it, the other kids contuned to play with her, the kid saw the other kids having so much fund and in about half and hour, as I was leaving this kid ran over and gave Happy and great big hug and told his mom he wanted a doggy. no comment was needed.
-the odd comments I do get are when I stop at someone house and go inside leaving Happy in the front yard, I usually get "OMG where is she! is she going to run away? OMG OMG OMG!" meanwhile Happy is meandering lazily in their yard waiting for me lol

just Electra:
none..seriously, the only public comment I have had on Electra was some crazy lady calling her aggressive. that was just funny, Electra and Aggressive just dont belong in the same sentence, she is far and away the friendliest, goofiest dog I have ever owned.

Rusty:
-"is the little one a puppy?" umm no, he's 6 in fact. its amazing how often I get this question. its always weird situations too, I never get the question from someone I meet on a walk, I get the comments from people stand in there yards accross the street yelling the question at me :confused:

Ladybug:
-usually people just comment on her harness, the odd one asking if she is a service dog. yup, that service dog of mine galloping around the dogpark, flying in behind me and grabbing the back of my jacket for a game of tug, oh ya, trained service dog there :rolleyes:

when I have several dogs with me:
-"are you a dog walker?"
-"are they all related?" umm do they LOOK related?

mr.chiwawa
03-16-2009, 05:39 AM
I wish Mister could get postivie feedback like that:(
Most people are rude to us because he is a"CHIHUAHUA"
"How do you do it he is soo yappy.."
Mind you he is looking up at them in his sit stay like wtf you talking bout.
OR I must warn kids he may bite then I get a dissaproving look from adults
Mister and I just can't win so we play with other doggies or my close friends those whom I know are good with him and he likes

AllAmericanPUP
03-16-2009, 09:04 AM
Since ozzy got hurt i always get weird stares or peole saying "that dog needs to see a vet":rolleyes: yea thanks he already has!!!

with sheeba i usually just get comments that she is pretty.

with keesha it's always "is she a puppy?" nope she's just a smaller dog

and of course with Eli i either get people who cross to the other side of the street or give me dirty looks but generally i get alot of comments on how gorgeous he is and of course i am always asked what breed he is. and everyone once in a while i run into the stupid teenager who tells me what a "bad a$$ pit" he is :rolleyes:

MonicanHonda
03-16-2009, 10:03 AM
Honda I always get asked if she's a puppy.... I just don't see it. She looks old to me. Lol I get that she is beautiful all the time though. Kids always say look ma, 101 dalmatians!!!!

Remy just gets omg she's soooo adorable. I love her blah blah blah. Lol

kokopup
03-16-2009, 10:06 AM
The first comment is always "What a Beautiful dog" then " What is she or he ? " Because SHE is so big, 100 lb, most people assume she is a he. Adults ask if they can pet her, while kids just charge in and start petting.
Most people assume she is safe to pet since she is wagging from one end
to the other. It is extremely rare if we are ask if she will bite. She loves everybody and if a person walks by without reacting to her we assume they aren't dog people at all.

wolfsoul
03-16-2009, 10:32 AM
"Wow she moves so nicely."
"She's so elegant, she moves like a princess, on her tippy-toes"
"That dog looks like a wolf"
"Is that a collie shepherd mix?"
"Is that dog a border collie/chow chow/wolfdog/collie/flatcoated retriever/black shepherd/husky?"
(When I would take a bunch of them into public with me) "Is that mom, dad, and baby?" (Usually Visa was dad, Jag was mom, and Candy was baby).
"Are they sled dogs?" (As Visa, Jake, and Jaguar would be pulling the front of my bike and Solo would be getting pulled in a cart behind)
"Her hair's so shiny and soft"

pomtzu
03-16-2009, 12:17 PM
About Sparky:

"Oh - he's so cute. How do you keep him so clean and neat looking?"
Of course this question is always asked as we're walking thru Petsmart - right after we leave the grooming salon. DUH!!! They should see him 2 or 3 weeks after - just the typical scruffy little boy!

About Myndi:

"Is she always that rambunctious and full of energy?"
Yup - she's 13 and has the spunk and ambition of a pup. When she does settle down, I have to check to make sure she's not sick or hurt, since it's not typical of her to be quiet for long, except at night when she finally crashes!

Lori Jordan
03-16-2009, 10:08 PM
When I'm walking the dogs,I am happy to answer questions about them,I can talk for hours about my crew.

I always have been asked if "Maggy" Bites..I get offended to a extent,One person was real ignorant about it,And my reply was simply,Ask Maggy...

Lacy is the one that gets the most attention,Some have said does she ever have a pretty face,Or she is a real nice looking dog,Alot dont even know the breed..But the most questions i do get asked about her is"Why doesn't she have a tail,or What happend to her tail"(I'm sure all Aussie owners have been asked the same question"

But when it comes to Molly,They all know her breed,With our family and friends,Molly is always there favorite.Everyone always takes favortism over that girl.

dreamparkingspace
03-17-2009, 04:56 AM
Some people have asked what breed of dog Tatum is, and some people have even thought Hector is a pregnant beagle. Shawnee draws the most attention because everyone thinks she is a purebred GSD puppy.

Suki Wingy
03-17-2009, 09:57 AM
I get "How old is he?" a lot they are surprised when I say 9. Also, "What kind of dog is he, dalmatian, right?"

Freedom
03-17-2009, 10:28 AM
Are they related?

Are you a dog walker?

Are ALL of those YOURS???!!! :D

Look at the poodles! :mad:

Do you breed - have any puppies?

4 Dog Mother
03-17-2009, 11:26 AM
Mostly we get "are those all yours?" "Why do you have so many?" "Do you have a big back yard?" "Do you dog sit" They always asked if Snoopy was a dalmation. A few have always wanted a dog like Jack but they don't have a clue of what kind he is. Since Christy's are with me a lot when we are at the dog park they ask if Dakota is a dalmation (yes, a huge one!) Or they thought that Great Danes were all brown (like Scooby Doo). They think that Pippi and Tucker are still pups because they are small. The one that amazes me is when they ask if Dazzi is a pup. And of course, the one I always like is do they bite? Now why would I take 4 or 5 dogs for a walk if they bit? Could I possibly handle them if they decided they wanted to go after someone?

king2005
03-17-2009, 12:39 PM
Far too many people think Digi is a Rottie or a rottie mix :confused:
1 Person thought she was a pure doberman when she was little.
Most people fall in love with her & she attracts people who want to pet her like flies on doo doo!! Its insane.. I can't go anywhere without be mobbed :rolleyes::D
Once in a while I get Does she bite? I say oh god no, shes crazy friendly. Then they ask, well why is she muzzled. I say, shes not, then I open her mouth wide :p
She gets stares all the time, esp. when shes walking & her fur is swaying. THen I hear wow thats a pretty dog!

& the annoying ones I get, OMG shes so thin, you need to feed her more! Trust me if she would eat half a cup/day I would be thrilled! But shes just not a big eater & when I do stuff food down her throat she still doesn't put on any weight.:rolleyes:

Candy317
03-17-2009, 12:50 PM
Are they related?

Are you a dog walker?

Are ALL of those YOURS???!!! :D

Look at the poodles! :mad:

Do you breed - have any puppies?

I get that too! When Pepe is cut [poodle-cut] however I don't fight it.

Christmas_Hamster
03-17-2009, 02:05 PM
I get:

'whoa that's a big dog!' -Which he is, ya know 100+lbs, he's also a lap dog :P
'how old is he?'
'what breed is he?'- and sometimes I have to explain how you get three breeds into one dog. :P
'kids stay away, that dog's vicious' -no actually he is quite the opposite
'stunning/beautiful/gorgeous/nice/pretty eyes' - ;D
'will he attack my dog?' -yes that's why I take him for walks in dog-crowded places
'beautiful dog!'

My favourite thing is when people go out of their way with their dogs just to avoid the 'scary' dog. But the best was when I was pet sitting my neighbour's dog, Cody(golden retriever). Cody is dog aggressive and only get's along with Blue because he has known Blue since he(Cody) was a puppy. Anyways so my Dad and I were walking the two of them and we see this women with these two cockapoo's coming towards us. I pull Cody behind Blue while we head single file up the sidewalk to Cody can't reach the dogs. I was about to head onto the road when the women walked on the road around Blue and my Dad then heads right towards Cody and me. I mean come on! The dog that has his teeth bared & ears back who happens to be a retriever or the big mutt-dog that's wagging his tail and grinning from ear to ear? >.<

happylabs
03-17-2009, 02:37 PM
Casey is a full Yellow Lab. Now that she is 12+ years old she is quite white in the face, however, it is still pretty obvious that she is a Yellow lab. Last time I had her to the vet a couple people in the waiting room asked what kind of dog she was. I think Casey was offended but I just sort of laughed. :)

Flatcoatluver
03-17-2009, 02:53 PM
SAGE:
How old is he? A lot of people think he is older because of his Blue merle.
Most people think he is either a aussie, border collie, mini aussie, or mini collie. Not very many people get his breed, I just don't understand it.
Also most people think that he is a girl, I don't know if it's him name or if he looks girly.
When I am showing him in rally or agility he seems to be a crowd pleaser because he loves to work and he always prances.

ZOEY:
If she's a flat-coat why is her hair not completly flat? Her hair does some weird flippy thing at the top of her head.
She does therapy work and wears her jacket everywhere. People always ask if she bites. If she's a therapy dog, why would she bite?
AWW What a pretty black irish setter or black golden retriever.

TJ:
OK.. let me guess he is dalmation and something else. I tell them no he's a english setter. They never seem to believe me.
He doesn't get to many comments, mainly everyone seems to think he is the cutest out of all three of my dogs.

Twisterdog
03-17-2009, 10:20 PM
My favorite comment ever, directed at my then-boyfriend's morbidly obese male dachshund whom he refused to put on a diet: "Ah! Is she pregnant? When are the puppies due?" I laughed SO hard, it was such an "I told you so!" moment.

The terrier crew - Pepper, Sequoia, Georgie and Lucky - get the typical ... "Is that a Jack Russell? Is that a Wishbone dog? Are they really hyper?"

Vanilla is very unique-looking and people always say, "WOW. What kind of dog is that? Her eyes are so pretty!"

Keito gets the most comments, and more than one serious offer to buy him. One guy even got out his wallet and started counting off 100's. Seriously. People say, "Holy cow, I've NEVER seen a dog like that? What is he? Where did you get him?" And strangely, several people have asked, "Can he bark?", I'm assuming thinking he is a basenji, which he really looks nothing like.

Haven't taken the IG's out anywhere yet, so we will see ....

WELOVESPUPPIES
03-18-2009, 07:26 AM
For Duke:
Is he a pit? umm no.
What kind of dog is he?
He has a really big head like pits usually do.
I have never seen a white boxer, is he mixed? Are they rare?
He sure is noisy (lol, Duke is a very vocal dog).
Does he bite? (because he is so noisy people think agression).

For Champ:
What a great personality.
I love her coloring.
Is she a boxer?
Does she bite?
Pretty girl.

Duke and Champ together - do you breed? I would love a puppy.

Chopper
What kind of dog is he:confused:
Really? Chihuahuas are usually yappy and nip.
He is so small, how much does he weigh?
I love his coloring.
He is really well behaved...for a chihuahua :rolleyes:
I have never seen a chihuahua colored like him.
OMG look at that dog on the motorcycle wearing glasses.
Can I take his picture?
How old? (they always think he is a puppy, he is 2, I always get a look of shock when I say his age).
Does he bite?
Can I pet him?
Leave his glasses on so I can show my wife.

Ryleigh
Awwwww, she is so tiny.
Why is she shaking (LOL)
What a beautiful face.
She is so small.
How old?
Does she bite?
Can I pet her?

All of them together:
They all live in the same house?
Do they get along? (no the big ones eat the little ones, we originally had more....idiots)
Do they play together? yes and very well.
I bet the little ones are the boss huh?
Do they bite?
Do the little ones get stepped on by the big ones (only once then they learn to move LOL)

Chopper and Ryleigh:
My dog would eat them/have them for a snack.
Those aren't dogs.
Look at the rats.
Almost a DOG.
OMG look how cute they are/tiny they are.
Do they bark all the time (as they sit quietly in my arms or on my lap:rolleyes:)
My grandma had one of those dogs, it was the meanest dog I have ever seen.
What great personalities for chihuahuas.
OMGosh I WANT ONE!!

Freedom
03-18-2009, 08:24 AM
For Duke:

Duke and Champ together - do you breed? I would love a puppy.

Chopper
OMG look at that dog on the motorcycle wearing glasses.
Can I take his picture?
Leave his glasses on so I can show my wife.

Ryleigh
Awwwww, she is so tiny.
Can I pet her?

All of them together:
Do they get along? (no the big ones eat the little ones, we originally had more....idiots)

Chopper and Ryleigh:
OMG look how cute they are/tiny they are.
What great personalities for chihuahuas.
OMGosh I WANT ONE!!

You get a lot of WELL DESERVED compliments. The breeding ones always get me (probably because I do rescue). And you have a terrific reply for "do they get along!" I love that! :p

RipplingWaves55
03-19-2009, 05:00 AM
We don't take them on walks around the neighborhood. They are vicious. Like crazy.

Screech is the most vicious, even though he knows how to hug us, sits like a king and his fur is so soft, and he's actually kind of small, but for me he's huge.

buttercup132
03-19-2009, 01:56 PM
Pixie:
Is she actually pink?
Is she born pink/purple?
Does she bite? (she has a huge underbite so her teeth show)
Why is she shaking? Poor thing must be so scared!
(umm no have you not realised she has no fur and it's -20)
How do you get her to stay still while you dye her?
Do you shave her?

And then some people will say how weird, ugly,different looking she is.

Elise:
She's so pretty!
What a awsome looking dog, what is she?
Where did you get her?
She's so well behaved for a puppy.

heidiv
03-19-2009, 05:18 PM
I always get "Can I pet your puppy?" (Well of course she loves it!)
"Is that a dog?" Cause she is such a tiny fluffy girl!

FurkidsMom
03-19-2009, 07:46 PM
Everyone always tells me what a sweet, beautiful face she has..and I agree. She's my gorgeous girl.

Alysser
03-19-2009, 09:36 PM
Everyone always tells me what a sweet, beautiful face she has..and I agree. She's my gorgeous girl.

I think I have to agree too ;)

mikkehla
03-19-2009, 09:46 PM
Now....Honeygirl is a Beagle/Lab Mix.....I have two kids that live down the street and every time (and I mean every time) they see her, one asks if she is a weener dog and the other asks if she is a pitt bull! Obviously she is close to neither, but must be the only breed of dogs these kids know!

KYS
03-20-2009, 11:35 AM
When I walk Rocky around the neighborhood usually people will stop
and ask about him and give him compliments.
I think his size gets the most comments and his bear looks.
Some people will cross the street when they see him, I think
his size and breed can also intimidate some.

cassiesmom
03-22-2009, 08:59 PM
When I see a person with a dog I try to say something nice. If I'm in Petsmart I try to say "Hi, cutie" or "Hi, doggie". I try to find something nice to say about the dog, what a pretty color, what a shiny or fluffy coat, such lovely eyes. If it's a long line and the dog seems okay with it, I might ask the person if I may pet their dog for a moment. I thing God must have had a fun time creating dogs - now a fluffy one, now a sleek one, now a big one, now a small one ... You get the idea.

Glacier
03-22-2009, 09:09 PM
"Do they all have names?"....Nope, I just yell "hey, you, no the other black and white dog, no the other one....":rolleyes:

"Are you running the Quest/Iditarod?"....Not in this lifetime

"Is that a wolf?"..Never asked about the one dog who actually is a hybrid!

"Don't they fight?"....yup, occasionally

My all time favorite..."That's one happy looking dog team"...said by a skier we passed earlier this winter.

Roxyluvsme13
03-23-2009, 04:42 PM
With Roxy it's always, "What a pretty smile she has!" or "Does she bite?" I don't get why Roxy looks potentiall dangerous because she's the farthest thing from it!

With Lily, "What kind of dog is that?" she's been called a long haired Chi, Papillon, and one person swore to me my dog was a mutt and not a full-blooded Pom! :rolleyes: