PDA

View Full Version : Men and shiny, loud, flying things?

RICHARD
03-15-2009, 06:10 PM
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/WWII-Bomber-Flies-Over-Burbank.html

I have been in heaven the last few days.

The above mentioned bomber, a B-17, has made the rounds -over the house- for the weekend.

I am one of the kind of guys that runs outdoors when I hear something that does not sound like a regular plane/helicopter fly over the house. There is no mistaking the sound of four huge prop engines as they make a pass over the pad.

I did take some pics from my back yard when I had the chance. It's been fun to watch and predict exactly when it would pass over!:D

aTailOf2Kitties
03-15-2009, 07:59 PM
that's cool. There's nothing like the lovely buzz of an old prop engine. :) :love:

At least that one is well-cared for. The Memphis Belle was disassembled and restored at least twice and finally taken away to some other state because the people in this town don't know how to take care of such unique things :rolleyes:
"hey is that a famous classic WW2 bomber?"
"yeah"
"shouldn't it be in a hangar or a museum or otherwise indoors?"
"pffffft, it's an airplane. We'll just keep it outside under a big pavillion tent"
"aren't heat and cold and wind bad for it?"
"Who cares?"
sad, just sad:(

RICHARD
03-16-2009, 02:33 PM
WOW,

This morning I was with my brother to go to an appointment about 20 miles away.

We got out of his car and I heard the sound of a huge prop plane passing overhead!

It was the plane flying off to it's next mission.

Truly spectacular!

I am so lucky to live here in kooky california, there is always something going on in the sky!:D