PDA

View Full Version : Tasha has her first play date

Freedom
03-15-2009, 04:10 PM
Natasha, or Tasha as we call her, is my foster dog. She is a 4 year old mill rescue, spent the first 4 years of her life in a cage, breeding. She was rescued Jan 8th and arrived here last Monday (not even a week ago). A friend arranged a play date with my dogs, her 2 bichons, 2 other bichons and one tan poodle. I was busy keeping an eye on Tasha, so here are the photos and vid my friend took. :D

Hi Everyone!
I'm posting this for Sandie (Freedom) as I have the pictures. This was a very special day for Natasha, Sandie's new foster fluff. As a recent puppy mill rescue (at Christmas), of course she will take awhile to learn to be a loved pet. Here I'm documenting her first playdate with other fluffs. Her new friends are: Lucy, Charlie, Teddy, MattieMay, and SassySue. This should convince anyone that adopting a puppy mill rescue is worth the effort!

Tasha: "Where are we, Mummy? I'm scared here!"
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q57/sfsamm/2009/Mar%2016%20Tasha%20play%20date/Tasha1.jpg

Tasha: "Who are all these fluffs, Mummy? I'll just sit by you, okay?" (Sugar is front left)
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q57/sfsamm/2009/Mar%2016%20Tasha%20play%20date/Tasha2.jpg

Tasha: "I think I'll walk around and sniff a few things. Hey, who are you?"
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q57/sfsamm/2009/Mar%2016%20Tasha%20play%20date/Tasha3.jpg

Tasha: "So, I hear your name is Sassy! Will you be my friend?"
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q57/sfsamm/2009/Mar%2016%20Tasha%20play%20date/tasha4.jpg

Tasha: "Hi, handsome! So your name is Charlie! Wanna be friends?"
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q57/sfsamm/2009/Mar%2016%20Tasha%20play%20date/Tasha5.jpg

Tasha: "So, this is a big yard. Who wants to play tag?"
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q57/sfsamm/2009/Mar%2016%20Tasha%20play%20date/Tasha6.jpg

Here is the video: (I don't know how to embed this!) Just click on the link below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2nPmv2BBs8&feature=channel_page

Scooter's Mom
03-15-2009, 08:39 PM
Did anyone end up playing with her?
She's such a curious girl!

Daisy and Delilah
03-15-2009, 09:49 PM
It's a Fluff Fest!!! How adorable!! How can anybody tell their dogs apart, Sandie? Great pictures. I would love to see that in person. Is it really warm there? It looks like a nice day from what I can see.:)

Candy317
03-15-2009, 10:34 PM
:love: bichon heaven!! :love: such cuties!!

jenluckenbach
03-16-2009, 06:25 AM
AWWWWWWWW
:love: :D :love: :D :love:

beeniesmom
03-16-2009, 06:58 AM
Awww, it's fluff fest indeed!
Looks like fun!

pomtzu
03-16-2009, 07:11 AM
I really had to chuckle at her video. Soooo cute! :love:

She has adapted so well it seems. She certainly has mastered the game of tag in a short time! It's so great to see her having fun, after her miserable first 4 years. I think she's going to be around and loving her new furever (not foster!:p) home for a long time. :love:

Freedom
03-16-2009, 09:30 AM
It's a Fluff Fest!!! How adorable!! How can anybody tell their dogs apart, Sandie? Great pictures. I would love to see that in person. Is it really warm there? It looks like a nice day from what I can see.:)

We had a lovely weekend, both days were sunny and above 50, perfect for being outdoors and blitzing with friends, lol.

As for telling them apart, most of them have quite different, expressive faces. The 2 puppies I had a trouble with -- Sassy and Lucy. Especially if they were both looking down, sniffing something, lol.

She has adapted so well it seems. She certainly has mastered the game of tag in a short time! It's so great to see her having fun, after her miserable first 4 years. Yup, many of us teared up watching her, lol.

This morning, I got up at 6 for a bathroom break and went in to check on Dad. There was Tasha, up on the bed, snuggled close to him by the pillows. I know she can't get up there on her own, so he picked her up. Not sure what I am going to do re the future, sure is fantastic the way those 2 have bonded.

cassiesmom
03-16-2009, 12:44 PM
This morning, I got up at 6 for a bathroom break and went in to check on Dad. There was Tasha, up on the bed, snuggled close to him by the pillows. I know she can't get up there on her own, so he picked her up. Not sure what I am going to do re the future, sure is fantastic the way those 2 have bonded.

Uhhhhhh Ohhhhh... Natasha :love:s dad! Miss Tasha, I am glad you had fun at your play date!

cassiesmom
03-17-2009, 09:20 AM
Hi, Natasha and hi, Sugar, Marlin and Lacey! Happy Saint Patrick's Day, fluffyfluffs! (kisses for you from your fan Elyse and some for all your kitty-siblings too)

4 Dog Mother
03-17-2009, 11:14 AM
Oh, how great that she is learning how to play with the others. It is so great that you took yet another pup in that needs loving and socializing. You have a great place and are a great person to give her just what she needs. I too wonder how you tell them all apart. Mine are all so different in looks (although my mouth still manages to say the wrong name many times!) that if I had your crew I might as well name them all the same thing because I would never have the right dog with the right name!

I just love the video. Thanks for helping out with Tasha!

lvpets2002
03-17-2009, 12:04 PM
:love: Aweee Tasha your so Cute & Sweet.. I am so glad your fitting in well.. Looks like you have a lot of playbuddies there.. Congrats on your New Furr Ever Home..;)

cassiesmom
04-20-2009, 09:03 PM
Dear Miss Tasha,
How are you? How is your new home?
Hug,
Elyse

Freedom
04-21-2009, 08:19 PM
Hi Ms. Elyse!

Iz grand here. Dey is a man who loves me an lets me be in his lap all da time. And der is kitties an dogs which don't play wiff me. Den, der iz dis lady, her is fun and scary all at da same time.

Her feeds me, fills da water bowl, scoops my oops! (Iz not getting dis house training bit yet), an gifs baffs. I doesn't really like baffs, but I tolerates dem.

Best part is, her takes me on lots of doggie play dates! I goes at least 2 times a week (er, what IS a week, anyhow?) an now I knows all da dogs and peoples and da 2 places we goes to so I start to blitz as soon as my leash is off!

Iz a happy, happy, happy girl. Mum says Iz gonna start trainin' in da back yard iffen it ever stops raining. We gots a swimmin' pool back dere just now wiff all dis raining and raining. I likes to go out dere anyhow, but da other dogs here won't go, somefin about not gettin da feet wet? I doesn't unner stand.

I learned to use da stairs up to da man's bed all by myself and I goes up and down dem stairs all day long -- and all night long too! I has to check on da cats when dey run about in da night.

Fanks for askin' bout me, Iz gettin' used ta da routines here.

K9karen
04-21-2009, 11:23 PM
I LOVE happy endings!

cassiesmom
04-22-2009, 06:25 PM
Awwww, Tasha! Your update made my eyes all happily leaky! Please ask your mum to give you a kiss for me, okay? Kisses are nice things that humans give when we are verrrrrrry happy. On the computer I type it like this: mmmmmuwah!

Mmmmuwah,
Elyse

Ginger's Mom
04-25-2009, 03:03 PM
Aww, what a great thread. It sounds like Tasha found a great home to recover from being a breeding dog and learning to be part of a family. Lucky (and good) girl, Tasha.