PDA

View Full Version : ABC News Story

happylabs
03-13-2009, 02:28 PM
This is why you do not let your cats be indoor/outdoor cats. There is a video on ABC news that I cannot access from my work computer but the description is: "Texas woman finds her cat decapitated in a neighbor's mailbox".

I just do not understand people these days. Why would someone do this to a helpless innocent creature! I am so angry. :mad:

Coda'sMommy
03-13-2009, 02:45 PM
The pain that poor woman must be feeling from this loss. Hopefully she will not have another indoor/outdoor kitty. Indoors ONLY for me! A leason I had to learn over time losing kitty to the gravel roads as a younger adult. I hope they find the person responsible for this horrible act of cruelty!!! Would be nice if when they do find him they make an example out of him by really punishing him! No slap on the wrist!! Sick to death of people just getting a small fine for stuff like this!

catmandu
03-13-2009, 02:52 PM
Theres something really wrong in this so called civilized countries of ours.
There just so much meaness and violence bubbling under the surface and every day you hear of people going beserk and killing starngers for no reason.
And being cruel to the Animals , who are our Fellow Creatures of God.
I think theres so much violence that its desensatazing us , and we get a starnge joy out of cruelty.
Sad to say when Depression 2009 hits, its going to be worse.
May Our Lord God bless the Beasts and The Children.:love::love::love:

Taz_Zoee
03-13-2009, 03:25 PM
This poor woman. :( The kitten was adorable.
http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=7067729

I won't even express my feelings on the "thing" that did this. :mad:

Karen
03-13-2009, 03:31 PM
I don't think there is any more violence than there was say, 30 years ago, or in previous points in history, but we certainly are more informed now that we were then. After all, would this have made any national news then? No, likely only people in her town and ones surrounding it would know. I hope it is not desensitizing us, and I hope they find and prosecute the responsible party. Poor kitty!

Medusa
03-13-2009, 03:42 PM
I didn't click on the link. I can't take it. I just will never understand violence against animals. It's so senseless. RIP, little kitty and peace to your human. :(

snowbelle15
03-13-2009, 03:56 PM
That is so sad. How could someone do that? The kitty was adorable too. People these days are so violent and senseless. :mad: The poor kitty.. rest in peace. :(

pomtzu
03-13-2009, 03:57 PM
I don't want to watch it either. So senseless!!!:mad:

lvpets2002
03-13-2009, 04:08 PM
:( I wont click on the link.. It just makes me sick to my tummy.. Poor wittle baby.. RIP wittle one.. And as for the *&%$#@^% that did this then may you Rottt in Hell..:mad::mad:
I didn't click on the link. I can't take it. I just will never understand violence against animals. It's so senseless. RIP, little kitty and peace to your human. :(

happylabs
03-13-2009, 07:28 PM
Sorry about posting this one. I did go back and view the video. It was just an interview with the owner. Still very upsetting.

Twisterdog
03-13-2009, 10:20 PM
I don't think there is any more violence than there was say, 30 years ago, or in previous points in history, but we certainly are more informed now that we were then. After all, would this have made any national news then? No, likely only people in her town and ones surrounding it would know. I hope it is not desensitizing us, and I hope they find and prosecute the responsible party. Poor kitty!

I totally agree with this.

boomersooner
03-14-2009, 08:51 PM
I saw this on the 10:00 news as it happened in the suburb next to mine. I felt so sorry for this woman, as well as the man who found the poor thing. People have to start taking animal cruelty more seriously because anyone who would torture an animal wouldn't think twice about abusing a human in some way, especially a vulnerable one such as a battered wife or a child. Makes me sick to my stomach......

Alysser
03-14-2009, 08:58 PM
Working with the public as my job, at an animal shelter, and news stories like these have honestly made me hate mankind. I know not all people are bad, many many many aren't but I WILL NEVER EVER EVER understand how you can kill an innocent animal, person, whatever, EVER. I will never understand why dogs and cats are abused, some people are just wired wrong I suppose.

It amazes me how some people can live with themselves.

boomersooner
03-16-2009, 01:00 PM
Unfortunately, we see and hear about the bad in people more than the good....I truly believe the majority of people are good, kind, and responsible, but there is a small portion of society I believe to be truly evil....and that is the only word that even fits....the devil has definately positioned himself inside their souls....