PDA

View Full Version : my 2 rabbits i dont think it is normal

babybunz
09-22-2002, 02:16 PM
my 2 rabbits baby and bunbun were in their cage and i opened the door to put more food in because they are babys and need to grow. well they hopped out onto the dest that their cage is on and started eating some spilled timothy. my dog jumped up and his nose hit bunbun's for head which made him fall on his back into the cage i flipped him over right away and noticed that baby was in the cage too but with her head between her paws and her eyes and ears down well her eyes were closed i put bunbun in with the guinea pigs once i though she was ok and i happend again she fell on her back and would just lay there but this time my dog wasnt right nexted to her just the 2 guinea pigs and my other 2 rabbits rusty was in the room but not near. right now still baby is shaking and bunbun is doing fine my mom took baby outside in with the horse and the pasture to get freesh air and eat some grass but she wouldnt eat and kept on shaking we dont know if the vet will kno what to do so i thought of posting here to see if anyone who knows alot about rabbits could help is it cesures?? or is she scared for bunbun well help pleaze i really dont kno what to do thanx Julie :(

Karen
09-22-2002, 04:01 PM
I would call a veterinarian, this does not sound normal. Do you mean shaking like shivering or like a seizure? Is she still doing it?

wolf_Q
09-22-2002, 04:13 PM
well they hopped out onto the dest that their cage is on and started eating some spilled timothy.

Timothy?

I don't know much about rabbits, but it doesn't sound normal. If she continues to do that, you should probably see a vet...especially if she's not eating.

Daisylover
09-23-2002, 03:09 PM
Bunnies are easily traumatized and it's not a surprise that the dog probably scared the bunny. Bunnies are prey animals...you need to remember that they have been food for humans and animal/bird predators for thousands and thousands of years. Domesticated bunnies have slim (few) defenses and are further handiapped by the fact that their survival instincts have been bred out of them. I would absolutely keep the dog away from the bunnies, bunnies and dogs are generally a bad mix. The dog may have meant no harm and was only curious but the rabbits don't know that.

And I agree with Karen.... I would get that bunny to a vet ASAP. Bunnies can die of shock/fright very, very easily. :(

babybunz
09-24-2002, 07:58 PM
thanx for the help i took her to the vet and she stayed there over night we got a call saying that she was fine and we could take her home now she is back with precious, bunbun,and teddy her budz well thanx again :)

Karen
09-24-2002, 08:24 PM
So glad she's okay - what a scary experience!

Daisylover
09-25-2002, 10:03 AM
I am so glad that you got her to the vet and she is fine now. Do be careful letting the dog get close to the bunnies in the future. ;)