PDA

View Full Version : Man in Black II.

blue
03-12-2009, 01:52 PM
Rush throws out the guantlet.

I would rather have an intelligent, open discussion with you where you lay out your philosophy and policies and I lay out mine -- and we can question each other, in a real debate. Any time here at the EIB Network studios. If you're too busy partying or flying around giving speeches and so forth, then send Vice President Biden. I'm sure he would be very capable of articulating your vision for America -- and if he won't work, send Geithner, and we can talk about the tax code. And if that won't work, go get Bob Rubin. I don't care. Send whoever you want if you can't make it. You don't need to be leaking stories to Politico like this thing that's published today. You don't need to have your allies writing op-eds and all the rest. If you can win at this, then come here and beat me at my own game, and get rid of me once and for all, and show all the people of America that I am wrong.

In fact, Mr. President, you know what, I know these are tough economic times, and you're trying to convince people that you're "saving" the taxpayers money, that you're cutting spending, that you're cutting the deficit. In that vein, I, Mr. President, will send my jet, EIB One, to pick you up and bring you here and take you back to wherever you want to go. You'd love it. It's not as big and luxurious as your jet, but it's got enough seats for your Secret Service detail. But it is something to behold. I'm very proud of it, Mr. President. I worked for it. I paid for it. Taxpayers pay you for your travel. Nobody pays me for mine. I pay for it. I pay for the airplane. I pay for the travel. I pay for practically everything I do. We can talk about that, too. I could tell you what that's like.

And once you land, by the way, I have a fleet of SUVs because I have guests here all the time. I have four or five SUVs. I can send a caravan to pick you up. I'll even put you up at The Breakers. It's a five-star resort. I'll do it all on my dime. We don't want the taxpayers footing any of the bill for this -- and my jet burns a lot less fuel than your two and your C-130 to bring your limousine and SUV caravan here. In fact, you know what, Mr. President? I'll tell you what I will do, if you will do this. I will promise to order some Wagyu Kobe beef at $100 a pound, just like you serve at your cocktail parties and your Super Bowl parties. I'll get it from Allen Brothers in Chicago, since you like that. I know you like $100-per-pound beef. You serve it at the White House.

But I'll cover the cost. I will cover the cost, Mr. President, so that the taxpayers do not have to pay for it, as they did your Super Bowl party, and as they do your Wednesday afternoon cocktail party. So you have no excuses. Your flunkies are demanding this debate. Your flunkies are targeting a private citizen with an enemies list that so far has three or four names on it: Mine; Rick Santelli; Jim Cramer at CNBC; and let's not forget Joe the Plumber, who your allies in Ohio also tried to destroy. The difference is that Joe the Plumber does not have his own microphone every day. They're shutting Santelli up at CNBC. They're going to shut Cramer up pretty soon, too, but he'll go down with a fight. That isn't going to happen here, to me.

I'm calling. I'm ready. I'll do everything I can to facilitate it. You're a very courageous man, Mr. President. I am, after all, just The Last Man Standing. If you take me out, if you can wipe me out in a debate and prove to the rest of America that what I say is senseless and wrong, do you realize you will own the United States of America? You will have no opposition. You have America's media in your back pocket. It's amazing. In 1972, Richard Nixon had an enemies list, and the media was outraged by this. They were outraged. At the same time, those who weren't on it were a little jealous. But they were outraged that a president would engage in this kind of behavior toward the media. Now they go after a private citizen.

Rahm Emanuel is leading the team going after a private citizen, and the Drive-By Media applaud, get on board and help further the mission. We live in different times. So if you can wipe me out -- and, by the way, Mr. President, and Mr. Emanuel: Don't make the mistake of assuming I'm wiping myself out here in the process. I want to thank you guys for elevating me beyond the stature I already earned and achieved, because now more and more Americans have the opportunity to learn who you really are, what your ideas will really accomplish, and what damage and harm I think your policies will bring for a very, very long time to them and to this country. So I want to thank you for the opportunity. Obviously, it's a threat targeting me. I've extended the invitation. I'm looking forward to hearing back from whoever in your cabal one way or the other on accepting my offer.

Link (http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_030409/content/01125106.guest.html).

caseysmom
03-12-2009, 02:01 PM
What a blow hard idiot.

blue
03-12-2009, 09:20 PM
What a blow hard idiot.

Yeah, a smart, quiet, private citizen would take being attacked by the Presidential administration by doing nothing.

A man who cant give a public address without a telepromter attacks a man who speaks from the cuff for a living, thats the idiot.

sasvermont
03-12-2009, 09:31 PM
Boring

Catty1
03-12-2009, 09:34 PM
blue - teleprompters are VERY widely used...newscasts, talk shows, and more.

They're normal!

blue
03-12-2009, 09:34 PM
Without a teleprompter I think it would be pretty entertaining, and wouldnt cost us tax payers a thing.

blue
03-12-2009, 09:47 PM
blue - teleprompters are VERY widely used...newscasts, talk shows, and more.

They're normal!

Not in the Oval Office, Obama hasnt held the office for even 100 days and allready he has used them more then any other president. Even Shrubco could make a speech or statement off of note cards.

If Obama cant debate a radio political analyst/ shock jock/ monkey, would you trust him to negotiate with hostile nations without somebody telling him what to say?

If the Addministration and DNC is willing to attack a private citizen why would they back down from his challenge?

Catty1
03-12-2009, 09:53 PM
I'd rather he had notes or a teleprompter to make sure he covered everything he wanted to...better than leaving out something important that he wanted to say.

I wouldn't want someone in a high position to 'wing it'. Scary!

blue
03-12-2009, 09:56 PM
Even Clinton could wing it.

Grace
03-12-2009, 10:23 PM
Rush throws out the gauntlet.

Where have you been - this article is over a week old?

blue
03-12-2009, 10:36 PM
Where have you been - this article is over a week old?

Duh.

Edit: The Limbaugh CPAC speech was from 02/28/09, you didnt give any grief to ES for her post.

Grace
03-12-2009, 10:48 PM
Edit: The Limbaugh CPAC speech was from 02/28/09, you didnt give any grief to ES for her post.

That's correct - I didn't.

caseysmom
03-12-2009, 10:50 PM
Duh.

Thats because your funner to pick on;)

blue
03-12-2009, 10:51 PM
That's correct - I didn't.

Im shocked, shocked I say. Allmost offended.

We now have a pres who waits to have his answers fed to him via teleprompter, and Shrub was the idiot.

Grace
03-12-2009, 11:04 PM
Im shocked, shocked I say. All most offended.

Sure you are. And don't forget - every path has some puddles.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/March16th/hoo.gif

blue
03-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Sure you are. And don't forget - every path has some puddles.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/March16th/hoo.gif

Its called sarcasm. I dont even bother with hip waders when fishing anymore.

blue
03-12-2009, 11:11 PM
It still stands that the Bush's and Limbaugh can get through a speech without somebody feeding it to them.

blue
03-12-2009, 11:13 PM
Thats because your funner to pick on;)

Is that why ya'll dont reply to Puck's replies that are more inteligent and in depth then mine?

Grace
03-12-2009, 11:18 PM
Is that why ya'll dont reply to Puck's replies that are more intelligent and in depth then mine?

Would you prefer we ignore you?

caseysmom
03-12-2009, 11:24 PM
Is that why ya'll dont reply to Puck's replies that are more inteligent and in depth then mine?

Puck and I have had some pretty decent debates. I don't like to argue politics with friends and him and sparks are in the friend category now. I never talk politics with my sister either she is a die hard republican, political arguments tend to harm friendships.

blue
03-12-2009, 11:39 PM
One of my bestist friends is an "Obama can do no wrong" liberal. Over the next few weeks Ill be crashing on his couch a couple a times while Im taking comp networking classes. We dont agree politicaly but we dont degrade each other either.

caseysmom
03-12-2009, 11:41 PM
One of my bestist friends is an "Obama can do no wrong" liberal. Over the next few weeks Ill be crashing on his couch a couple a times while Im taking comp networking classes. We dont agree politicaly but we dont degrade each other either.

Thats cool and thats how it should be. I think we all want whats best for our country we all just have differing views on how to achieve that.

blue
03-12-2009, 11:48 PM
Would you prefer we ignore you?

Thanks for the spell check, no sarcasm at all. I know my spelling sucks.

Ild prefer ya'll answer the questions or points made by Puck rather then try to belittle me. Puck makes a better argument then I do. By trying to belittle me actually weakens ya'lls case/argument. By attacking my case/argument ya'll are going after a person with multiple learning dissabilities. Puck has a much better understanding of history and politics then I do.

Put it like this I use a framing hammer Puck uses a finishing hammer.

Randi
03-13-2009, 10:46 AM
It still stands that the Bush's and Limbaugh can get through a speech without somebody feeding it to them.
Don't know about Limbaugh, but Bush certainly would have benefitted from using notes or a teleprompter!

Puckstop31
03-13-2009, 11:20 AM
Blue, have you noticed it is usually only certain people who do not reply to my posts? Those silences are often deafening, eh? (FWIW, I am not talking about Caseysmom or Grace. Its actually just 2-3 people. LOL)

We have serious issues in this country. Serious issues that need serious debate, by US. We the people. But to do that, we have to look each other in the eye rather than look DOWN at each other. Some people are capable of that, others are not. I for one am not innocent, but more and more of late I am trying.

Caseysmom... Thank you. It means a lot. It does.

lizbud
03-13-2009, 01:39 PM
Don't know about Limbaugh, but Bush certainly would have benefitted from using notes or a teleprompter!

Hee Hee :D You know him very well after 8 long years.:D:D There was
one speech I remember where he stopped talking completely, and after
turning the page from his notes, he uttered the last word of the sentence.

caseysmom
03-13-2009, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the spell check, no sarcasm at all. I know my spelling sucks.

Ild prefer ya'll answer the questions or points made by Puck rather then try to belittle me. Puck makes a better argument then I do. By trying to belittle me actually weakens ya'lls case/argument. By attacking my case/argument ya'll are going after a person with multiple learning dissabilities. Puck has a much better understanding of history and politics then I do.

Put it like this I use a framing hammer Puck uses a finishing hammer.

Then you may not want to throw the first stones regarding spelling.

Puckstop31
03-13-2009, 03:06 PM
ES... I briefly saw a post you made in responce to me. I cannot see it now, so if you deleted it, please don't. But I do want to reply to what I saw...

You are right. Or at least you used to be. When I first came to this BB, you were certainly right. But I promise you I have changed and am trying very hard to change my tone when I post about this stuff. Please understand though that because of the nature of the stuff we discuss and our very different views on the topics, it will be a smidge caustic from time to time. Lets face it, politics is a contact sport and sometimes you get a bloody nose.

Know this.... No matter how much what you saw often makes blood shoot out of my eyes, I believe you are being honest. You are not simply being a cheerleader, but you say WHY you think the way you do. Like I said before in another responce to you... I believe we both want the same thing for our country, we just are night and day on how we get there.

So consider this an olive branch. I post here because most of the people here do not think the way I do. I seek out the opposition for discussion because preaching to the choir gets us nowhere.

So, if you make a effort to not talk down to me, I promise the same in return.

Now, on a side note... You DO seem to have a gift for writing. You are good at making a seemingly mundane thing, a very emotional thing. For instance, you recent post about Polio in the most recent health care bru-ha. (I am going there next, LOL) You should try your hand at writing, I think you would be good at it.

lizbud
03-13-2009, 04:29 PM

You ARE kidding, right???

Puckstop31
03-13-2009, 05:37 PM

My ideas might not be the best, but at least I am capable of orignal thought. Your silence to my rebuttals says all that needs said.

I mean it when I say I want to have honest discussions. YOU are the one more often than not who is not capable of having one.

lizbud
03-13-2009, 07:34 PM
Ny post was directed to Blue. If I want to ask you anything, I will.Thanks.

Puckstop31
03-13-2009, 09:20 PM

LOL.... But he was talking about ME.

Who do you think you are fooling?

blue
03-13-2009, 10:17 PM
Then you may not want to throw the first stones regarding spelling.

It's called irony, if my dyslexic self can see it...

blue
03-13-2009, 10:19 PM

No.

Just had to add this before she can edit.

blue
03-13-2009, 11:31 PM

Thing is ShrubCo prefered using notes over the teleprompter. Yes the teleprompter takes more skill to use, as Obama illustrates every time he uses one, but you cant take a telepromter into a negotiation and expect to be credible.

Limbaugh has gotten where he is by speaking and debating off the cuff.

If everybody here, right or left leaning could hear Rush's early years a music DJ we could all have a huge laugh.