PDA

View Full Version : gDiapers

finn's mom
03-11-2009, 09:28 PM
These seem pretty cool...cloth outers, with biodegradable (flushable) inserts. Anyone ever use these before?

www.gdiapers.com

Cookiebaker
03-11-2009, 09:35 PM
Hi Kari,

I did some research into them when we decided to go with cloth. Alot of people that I read said that they LOVED them, they worked well, didn't leak, etc etc. However, alot of people complained about the cost, and that poopy diapers were a pain in the butt (pun intended) to change. The cost is what steered me away from them, so I don't personally know about the other complaint.

I hope its OK to mention another forum here (Karen, if this isn't cool, please let me know or delete it!) ;) I used to frequent a cloth diapering forum and there is ALOT of good info, other mom's with personal experience, and it might help answer some of your questions: http://www.pregnancy.org/bulletinboards/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=106

Good luck with your decision making, and have FUN! cloth diapers are SO much FUN!!! :D

finn's mom
03-11-2009, 10:01 PM
Anna, thank you! I know, the cost is expensive on a lot of the newer type cloth diapers. BumGenius, Happy Heiny, gDiapers, etc. I think, in the long run, they still end up costing less...but the up front expense is a little overwhelming. Thanks for the link! I don't think she'll mind, everyone's probably sick of baby talk anyway. ;) I know I personally never read many of the baby/pregnancy threads prior to getting pregnant (not that any of them bothered me, though, I just skipped over them!).

BitsyNaceyDog
03-12-2009, 08:03 AM
I've never used them. but like Anna, I looked into them and the cost got me me. The cost of a disposable diaper (depending on the brand) is around $0.20-$0.26 per diaper. The cost of a small gdiaper liner (on their site) is $0.33 per liner. I love preg.org too, Anna. Some of the mom's on my birth board use and love gdiapers, though most use cloth liners. If I were to use gdiapers that'd be the way I'd go. I know a lot of them had to play around quite a bit to get them to fit right on their baby. They had problems with bunching and the snaps/velcro are backwards.

Speaking of birth boards, I think I shared this with Carmen, but I forgot to show you, Kari- Here is a board with other moms due in Aug. 09 http://www.pregnancy.org/bulletinboards/forumdisplay.php?f=670

k9krazee
03-12-2009, 11:04 AM
You can always skip the diapers completely! I read about this in a magazine the other day, google Elimination Communication. ;)

Cookiebaker
03-12-2009, 04:52 PM
Ashley, I have heard about EC, but its definitely not for me! It takes way too much patience and dedication than I have, and I give kudos to anyone who has been successful with such adventures! :eek: Lydia has started potty training (a little bit) and I'm not sure I have the patience and endurance that even THAT necessitates. :D