PDA

View Full Version : Parkinson's

davidpizzica
03-11-2009, 07:15 PM
I think my Parkinson's is starting to get worse. Tonight we had soup and salad before service. I tried to ladle wedding soup into a bowl and my riht hand shook so much that I barely got some into the bowl. I aready stopped taking the indiviual(sp?) cup at communion. Tomorrow I'm calling the neurolgist tomorrow to see what's going on. I'm getting concerned about it.

carole
03-11-2009, 08:42 PM
Oh Bro i am so sorry to hear this, I hope you are wrong, does the medication you take help, can they up the dosage, david that is why i am so happy that the stem cell research will now be funded by your government now, for people just like you, there is hope my dearest friend,hang on in there, i am thinking of you and hoping for better news, Take much care , hugs.XXX000:love:

Karen
03-11-2009, 10:18 PM
Gosh, David - my former pastor is doing much better with the Parkinsons meds he is on now, he's more capable than he was 5 years ago, instead of vice versa. I know he was part of an experimental program, shall I ask him about what he's been taking?

I know that what you eat when - when you get your protein, etc, has made a big difference for him, but I cannot remember the schedule.

That is a big benefit of living here - we are right where many medical advances, and a huge front for medical research companies and world renowned medical facilities are. If they send you to Boston for anything, let us know! ;)

Daisy and Delilah
03-11-2009, 10:45 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this , David!! Oh my goodness. Please find out what the doctor says as soon as possible. I'll be praying for you and thinking of you.
What kind of medication do you take for it? {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

K9karen
03-11-2009, 11:38 PM
My dad had Parkinson's for over 20+ years and did great with all the new meds. Of course all drugs have side effects, but they were certainly helpful in allowing him to function. Let us know how your check up went.

beeniesmom
03-12-2009, 06:38 AM
Oh David, I am very sorry. I had no idea you had Parkinsons.
Parkinsons disease has touched my family personally so I know how you feel.
My grandmother, who lived with us, was afflicted by it from a very young age.
I think she was diagnosed in her 30's. She lived a very long and productive life.
I hope the doctor can adjust your medications and find the right combination for you.
Hugs.

Medusa
03-12-2009, 07:55 AM
Goodness David, somehow I thought that tests revealed that you don't have Parkinson's. My mistake and I'm so sorry. Perhaps you need to adjust your meds but it's good that you're going to call your neurologist. We'll pray that things will straighten out for you quickly and easily. Keep the faythe. :)

lvpets2002
03-12-2009, 09:06 AM
:( Oh No David I hate to read this.. Maybe the Doct can adjust your meds & or get you some diff ones.. Is this what Michael J Fox has too?? I know if I am real upset & or nervous about something then I cannot control my hands from shaking.. Its like No Go if I am trying to write.. Best of Luck at the Doct office & keep us posted ok..

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-12-2009, 09:37 AM
I had NO idea you have Parkinson's...! Sending you tons of "feel good wishes" !!:love:

davidpizzica
03-12-2009, 09:51 AM
What I actually have is called pre-parkinson's It's not full-blown parkinson's yet, but could easily turn into parkinson's. I'm trying to watch myself and be on the meds. It's getting tough for me to pour drinks and ladle soup. My hands are getting shakier.

davidpizzica
03-12-2009, 10:13 AM
Gosh, David - my former pastor is doing much better with the Parkinsons meds he is on now, he's more capable than he was 5 years ago, instead of vice versa. I know he was part of an experimental program, shall I ask him about what he's been taking?

I know that what you eat when - when you get your protein, etc, has made a big difference for him, but I cannot remember the schedule.

That is a big benefit of living here - we are right where many medical advances, and a huge front for medical research companies and world renowned medical facilities are. If they send you to Boston for anything, let us know! ;)

Karen, could you ask him for me? I'd apperciate it. Besides that what an interesting excuse for a PT meeting!

Karen
03-12-2009, 11:51 AM
Karen, could you ask him for me? I'd apperciate it. Besides that what an interesting excuse for a PT meeting!

I will talk to Rev. Wiborg or his son Sunday, and see what they say. I normally talk to the grandtwins more, but I don't think at age 4 they will know the names of Grandpa's medicines!

Marigold2
03-12-2009, 11:56 AM
It never fails to amaze me how some of the nicest people can have the most problems with their health. You are such a dear man. Wishing you only the best.

carole
03-12-2009, 02:45 PM
Yes Marigold you are so right, David is a darling, and my adopted big brother, and it saddens me deeply that he has been afflicted with this, i am glad there is a lot of research going on now with Parkinsons, please keep us informed David how you go and you know i am holding your hand in spirit where ever you may be and my thoughts are never far from you, take care my big teddy bear.:):love::love:

Randi
03-12-2009, 03:57 PM
David, I'm sorry to hear this, but hopefully you can get some medicine that helps - perhaps what Karen mentioned.

Sending lots of positive thoughts. :)

K9karen
03-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Thanks, Karen, for jogging my memory!

My dad was put on a low protein diet as well as large doses of Vitamin E. He also went to excercise classes for Parkinson's patients at a local hospital.

David, why don't you research Michael j Fox's website as well as the Parkinson's website for helpful hints. I know my docs must hate me, but sometimes you just have to speak your mind and tell them what you discovered and rattle their minds. It's your body. You've been through a lot and sound like a fighter. Keep the faith, dude!