PDA

View Full Version : Neglected bulldog found in a nearby city

Nomilynn
03-11-2009, 01:23 AM
I saw this story on the news tonight and it just broke my heart to pieces. If I was able, I would love to adopt this sweet dog, but I hope he will go somewhere that is able to love and care for him forever.

**WARNING** the pictures may be disturbing for some; he is covered in mange.

SPCA searches for owner of neglected bulldog
Updated: Tue Mar. 10 2009 15:22:12

Darcy Wintonyk, ctvbc.ca

Animal protection officers in Surrey, B.C. are looking for the owner of a severely neglected dog found in local parking lot last week.

Eileen Drever says the British bulldog has mange, a painful skin condition, and the surface of his skin is completely raw and inflamed.

"He would feel like his skin is on fire," says the senior animal protection officer. "It's beyond me how someone would allow an animal to suffer like this."

The canine, who has been named Winston, is missing most of the hair on his body and his neck and back are covered in bulb-like sores. The dog is currently being treated by veterinarians at the B.C. SPCA, who have been giving him a series of medicated baths.

The SPCA wants to speak to the dog's owner about his condition. The dog was found in a mostly residential area on March 3 near King George Highway and 81st Ave with no collar or tattoos to identify it.

Drever says the purebred dog is worth a lot of money.

"Because he was found un-neutered it wouldn't be surprise me at all if he was used to breed."

Under the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act, pet owners are responsible for providing adequate care, and not to allow their charges to become neglected or suffer.

Drever says despite the dog's injuries, he is recovering well and is in good spirits.

"This dog has an incredible disposition," she says. "He's gentle and friendly, and although someone obviously failed him, he still trusts people."

The dog is currently up for adoption. The SPCA is hoping to find a foster family to take care of the dog during his treatments until they can find a permanent home for the animal. His full recovery could take up to six months.

Anyone with information about the dog is asked to call the B.C. SPCA at 1-604-709-4670.

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20090310/BC_neglected_pitbull_090310/20090310/?hub=BritishColumbiaHome

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/gallery/html/bc_neglected_bulldog_20090305/photo_0.html

Taz_Zoee
03-11-2009, 09:41 AM
:( Poor baby. I hope he finds a loving home and his skin clears up quickly.

*LabLoverKEB*
03-11-2009, 01:21 PM
Oh, poor guy.:(:( I wish him a speedy recovery from all this. :(

aTailOf2Kitties
03-11-2009, 01:33 PM
oh I'm sure he'll be adopted, seeing as how they pointed out that "the purebred dog is worth a lot of money", plus the fact that the dog is somewhat "famous" now. Poor lil' guy, I hope he goes to a GOOD home with lots of love and doggie treats.

lvpets2002
03-11-2009, 04:10 PM
:eek: Oh WoW poor baby.. He looks to have some type of mange.. He can heal up well with meds.. I hope in time he gets a good loving furrever home..