PDA

View Full Version : Moving by the end of the month... :(

Husky_mom
03-10-2009, 06:52 PM
well.. it´s actually happening now... I should be moving by the end of the month.. THIS MONTH!!... :eek:

do I have everything ready??.. hell no!!.. haha...

I have only packed the dvd´s and hubby´s half clothes.. LOL... I still need to pack me and my kid´s clothes, all the bed stuff, bath stuff, important papers, etc....

we´re not taking any furniture, except maybe the Tv´s... but I still have like a TON to sort out and clean, things to still pack but leave there (ready if need to be moved, if we rent the house and MIL needs to get stuff out without nosing around LOL)... a few things I have to send...

we where supposed to move till mid june but it seems time was fast forward us a bit.. I still have hope... haha..

does anyone want kitty food?.. I have a bag of kibble very very little used... I would need to repack it in ziplock bags and send small boxes... but that´ll be doable.. I also have some wet food....

I know some might suggest give it to a shelter... but there are non here... I might contact one in other state....hmm... well if that works we´re set but if not I still have plenty items left... ;)

Puckstop31
03-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Are you at least staying in the same area? If so....

I have a bit of intrest in visting your neck of the woods, for several reasons. First, you sent us a wonderful gift for Hannah's birth. We won't forget that and owe you at least a nice night out for dinner. :) Second, you live in PRIME Goulds Turkey range. Turkey hunting is a massive passion of mine and it would be a once in a lifetime trip!

Keep in touch. Please. :D

Karen
03-10-2009, 09:38 PM
My big tip for moving - buy some clear trash bags. Pack clean clothes in clear bags, anything that needs washing in a dark bag. Label with tape.

Pack dishes in paper towel instead of newsprint - that way you won't need to wash the ink off the dishes, and you always need extra paper towel for cleaning up when you're moving in, too, I have found.

Label every single box.

Do you have any cat-loving neighbors who might want the food? Or is there a local food pantry that might take the food to distribute to needy families with pets?

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-11-2009, 05:46 AM
Where are you moving to, Isabel??:confused:

lvpets2002
03-11-2009, 09:17 AM

:) Lut I think she said Mexico City.. That is where her husband has been working..

Oh boy Isabell I would hate to think I would have to move.. How come your not taking any furniture?? Did you buy all new items??

Freedom
03-11-2009, 10:41 AM
They moved the date up 3 months? HOW DARE THEY!!! lol.

Be wishes with packing and shifting everything.

krazyaboutkatz
03-11-2009, 11:08 AM
I hope that everything will go smoothly with your move.:)

Husky_mom
03-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Are you at least staying in the same area? If so....

I have a bit of intrest in visting your neck of the woods, for several reasons. First, you sent us a wonderful gift for Hannah's birth. We won't forget that and owe you at least a nice night out for dinner. :) Second, you live in PRIME Goulds Turkey range. Turkey hunting is a massive passion of mine and it would be a once in a lifetime trip!

Keep in touch. Please. :D

I´ll sure keep in touch... well... once I get internet there.. LOL.. gotta get a wireless thingy ASAP.. hehe

you don´t owe me nothing.. but I´ll be pleased to meet you all :D ...

and no... sadly where we are moving its more big city like...:(... it has it´s plus but it´s a big change... here you are a step away from the woods.. we do hope to come back sometime... but we could arrange a vacation trip anytime ;)

My big tip for moving - buy some clear trash bags. Pack clean clothes in clear bags, anything that needs washing in a dark bag. Label with tape.

Pack dishes in paper towel instead of newsprint - that way you won't need to wash the ink off the dishes, and you always need extra paper towel for cleaning up when you're moving in, too, I have found.

Label every single box.

Do you have any cat-loving neighbors who might want the food? Or is there a local food pantry that might take the food to distribute to needy families with pets?

thanks!!... what I´m actually packing is clothes from hubby he left behind... my kids half clothes (winter gear he won´t be using now as it´s getting hotter).. also my winter stuff... and the stuff we are using I plan to pack half and take it this thursday and leave there... then use the rest here for however long we have left then take that when we go...

dishes I´m taking a few... but many many tupperwares.. LOL...

sadly non of my neighbors has pets... weird huh?.. not so much here...:(

Mexico City... right in the lower middle of the country

Oh boy Isabell I would hate to think I would have to move.. How come your not taking any furniture?? Did you buy all new items??

the place hubby´s at already has.. so we don´t need to take ours... and if we intend of coming back later in life, skip the hassle of taking them back... besides if we rent out our house maybe leave it there for newlyweds that don´t have them... that´s a plus..

They moved the date up 3 months? HOW DARE THEY!!! lol.

Be wishes with packing and shifting everything.

I know!!.. thank you... I supposedly have been packng for two weeks now.. LOL... and I´ve only have like three boxes done.. :p

I hope that everything will go smoothly with your move.:)

thank you!!! ;)