PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Lightroom - Who has this program?

CountryWolf07
03-10-2009, 12:00 PM
I was wondering if anyone had this program - I am looking for a copy. I am not able to purchase one at the moment because of how much it costs. I am looking for it so I can edit my photographs I take with my Nikon SLR.. I have Windows XP.

Anyone willing to help out a soon to be graduate?

Thanks..

Suki Wingy
03-10-2009, 02:27 PM
I don't have it, but my dad does. He loves it. I hope you can get your hands on a copy!

CountryWolf07
03-11-2009, 08:06 PM
I love the program, just wish I could find a copy though. :)

Catlady711
03-11-2009, 10:57 PM
I don't use any of the Adobe programs for my photo editing, mostly based on price and the steep learning curve to the programs.

I use Corel Paint Shop Pro X2. I think the price is down to under $75 at most places now.

On their website you can download a free trial version (http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/us/en/Product/1184951547051#versionTabview=tab1&tabview=tab6)of the full program to try for 30 days. That's how I made up my mind that's what I wanted to get.

I find that it does almost everything my dad's full $600 version of Adobe Photoshop does, but mine is alot easier to learn (at least for me, and even my dad admits it sounds easier) and cost a heck of alot less.

ChrisH
03-12-2009, 06:48 AM
You can't get better value than free and here is a site listing them.

http://desktoppublishing.com/photo-editing-free.html

I have heard great reports on GIMP and Paint.Net (some people even use GIMP more than Photoshop) and as I have used Photofiltre in the past I can recommend that too. I had Picassa bundled into my new laptop and although I don't use it - Photoshop is my primary - I must say it looks pretty good as a photo editor.

CountryWolf07
03-12-2009, 11:15 AM
Thanks!

I am COMPLETELY open to any type of photo editing programs - I love to experience different programs. :)

Hellow
03-12-2009, 04:57 PM
I can recommend GIMP as well, alongside Paint.Net and Inkscape (a vector image editor, dont know if you would have much use for that).