PDA

View Full Version : Got my hospital bill

IRescue452
03-10-2009, 10:57 AM
Total cost for a stupid 2 hour hospital visit...$4500. I think I had a real heart attack this time. How the hell am I supposed to pay something thats a third of my yearly net income? I guess I learned my lesson, my life isn't worth crap. I should have just lived with the pain. Next time I'll just buy a gun and shoot myself as a cure. The bill will be cheaper.

lvpets2002
03-10-2009, 11:00 AM
:eek: Please Do Not Shoot Yourself.. I know your just kidding right.. Oh I know Hospital Bills can just send you right back in with it being so sicking.. You do have Insurance right??

Edwina's Secretary
03-10-2009, 11:07 AM
Talk to the hospital accounts receivable department. They will work out a payment plan for you and may even take money off the bill.

caseysmom
03-10-2009, 11:14 AM
They will most likely cut the bill at least in half please talk to them and of course your life is precious, don't ever forget that.

IRescue452
03-10-2009, 11:17 AM
No insurance. I've got to go call the billing center as soon as I get back to my house (I'm at my moms). Its a semi work related injury, but I wasn't at work when I went into the hospital, but maybe they can still stick half the bill to my workplace. I'd love to see that one.

lvpets2002
03-10-2009, 11:20 AM
:) I hope they can work with you on this matter.. You know anymore is non stop pay bills pay bills to someone & everyone But ourselves.. I wish we all got as much money in return as we pay out.. That would be nice == But Dreaming a Bit Much..

Daisy and Delilah
03-10-2009, 12:39 PM
I had a bill for over $6000.00 once. I called and asked for a discount. They said they would take off almost half if I could pay it that day.

I think it's a great idea to call and try to negotiate with them. Good luck with it.

cassiesmom
03-10-2009, 12:46 PM
Have you reported it to workers comp, they should be able to pay it. Don't wait because in a work comp claim adjuster's mind, if you tarry they wonder why you filed late. I'm an insurance nurse reviewer so call me if you need help.

hugs,
elyse

Medusa
03-10-2009, 02:06 PM
I had a bill for over $6000.00 once. I called and asked for a discount. They said they would take off almost half if I could pay it that day.

I think it's a great idea to call and try to negotiate with them. Good luck with it.

Yes, I concur w/this. If, and I realize that it may be a big "if", you can pay in one lump sum, they may take a sizable amount off the bill. My ins. co. wouldn't pay for one of my surgeries and I was told that if I could pay w/in 30 days, they'd take off $1100 or so. I can't recall the total amount of the bill but I do remember that $1100 was a good chunk of it. (It was years ago, so I apologize for not having exact figures.) Couldn't hurt to ask. Good luck. :)

carole
03-10-2009, 05:43 PM
Woah that is outrageous, i am sorry you are in this dilemma,it just doesn't happen here, i would not be able to afford something like that, i would just have to suffer if we did not have free medical public health care here in NZ.

Hope you can get a discount,wishing you all the best.

emily_the_spoiled
03-11-2009, 02:23 PM
If you don't have insurance and you make below a certain yearly income level you may qualify for the hospital's "uncompensated care" (especially because you came in through the ER). This would knock of a huge chunk of the big and even a payment plan. You might want to look at applying for Medicaid insurance. (While it might not be great it will at least help with some of the bills)

happylabs
03-11-2009, 03:46 PM
I am not sure what state you are in but there is a statute of limitations in Pennsylvania for work related injuries. Report it to your employer. The worst they can do is deny the claim. I agree with other posters...work out a payment plan with the hospital. Good luck!