PDA

View Full Version : Not Sure How This Happened ... ANOTHER New Foster IG!

Twisterdog
03-09-2009, 10:34 PM
Wow, word gets around. A week after I got Gia, a woman shows up at my boarding kennel and says, "I heard you take these dogs.", and shoves a IG puppy at me. Ummmm .... sure, I guess I do, now.

So ... without further ado .... meet Rocky! He is the poster child for the "No Puppy Mill/Pet Store Puppies!" campaign, with his buck teeth and crooked tail. Poor guy. He is also morbidly afraid of men, completely not house trained at seven months old, and was intact. :rolleyes:

He is driving all the other dogs, especially Gia, crazy with his total lack of manners and puppy goofiness. He tries to get her to play with him, and she looks at him like a supermodel might look at one of the dueling banjo players from "Deliverance". It's hilarious.

He's so darn cute, though. :love:

Shelteez2
03-09-2009, 11:43 PM
Oh my god I love him. Send him here! :D

blue
03-09-2009, 11:48 PM
Ild take him but I dont think the Bluedawg would approve.

Twisterdog
03-10-2009, 12:07 AM
Ild take him but I dont think the Bluedawg would approve.

But Rocky is blue, too.

Oh my god I love him. Send him here!

Sure! Want to housetrain him for me? He hasn't a clue.

blue
03-10-2009, 12:18 AM
But Rocky is blue, too.

I named him Blue for a reason, unfortunently he doesnt like smaller dogs. I couldnt trust him around an IG.

ETA: the second pic really makes me want to try anyway.

chocolatepuppy
03-10-2009, 05:03 AM
Rocky's a handsome little guy! :)

beeniesmom
03-10-2009, 06:03 AM
Oh my! I'm in love.

Taz_Zoee
03-10-2009, 09:34 AM
He is georgeous!! This might be my next breed of dog......hopefully many years from now when my two are no longer with me.

cassiesmom
03-10-2009, 09:36 AM
Twisterdog, bless you for taking Rocky in. I hope that he will learn to potty quickly. Will you be responsible for having him neutered?

Thanks,
Elyse

Shelteez2
03-10-2009, 12:00 PM
Sure! Want to housetrain him for me? He hasn't a clue.

I wish I was in the position to have another dog right now. I'd have you send him up asap. He really has stolen my heart.

MonicanHonda
03-10-2009, 12:03 PM
Aww, poor pup. :) I hope he learns quickly. He is adorable though. You're awesome for taking in these wonderful dogs.

Husky_mom
03-10-2009, 12:05 PM
lucky you both!!... he´s super cute!!... they both are!!!... how could they not?... hope they do find a home... or even better foster failures.. ;)

Daisy and Delilah
03-10-2009, 12:20 PM
I love those cute little doggies!! Rocky is a handsome lad. I saw a lady walking two dogs this morning. One was a white Chi and the other was a blue IG!! I immediately thought of your new foster babies!!:)

Glacier
03-10-2009, 12:22 PM
LOL, so cute!

That's always the line I feed my hubby..."I don't know how this happened"!!:D

Twisterdog
03-10-2009, 07:45 PM
Will you be responsible for having him neutered?

Was done the morning after I got him.

Yeah, they were supposed to be my next breed of dog, too ... in about eight years or so. Guess fate had other plans.

K9karen
03-10-2009, 11:01 PM
My mouth dropped so hard and fast, I think I dislocated my jaw! (kidding)! But I was just, well, stunned! First at the *drop off lady* and secondly, at what a cutie Rocky is!

Do you think he'll catch on with the Outie stuff by watching Gia since he seems to love her? I'd forgotten about the trials of housebreaking until I fostered Woody/Fred for a few days! I think my eyes were glued to his butt, watching for any clue. I realized then and there, I ain't no spring chicken! (*wipes bow*)

I'm so amazed how you do it. Are you crating Rocky? Yikes! i just remembered Mz Logan's original name was Rocky. OMG! Is this an omen? ...No..no...The Princess would go nuts.

Twisterdog
03-10-2009, 11:07 PM
My mouth dropped so hard and fast, I think I dislocated my jaw! (kidding)! But I was just, well, stunned! First at the *drop off lady* and secondly, at what a cutie Rocky is!

Do you think he'll catch on with the Outie stuff by watching Gia since he seems to love her? I'd forgotten about the trials of housebreaking until I fostered Woody/Fred for a few days! I think my eyes were glued to his butt, watching for any clue. I realized then and there, I ain't no spring chicken! (*wipes bow*)

I'm so amazed how you do it. Are you crating Rocky? Yikes! i just remembered Mz Logan's original name was Rocky. OMG! Is this an omen? ...No..no...The Princess would go nuts.

I'm hoping he catches on. Frankly, that's my main mode of housetraining dogs ... turn them loose and wait a few days until they catch on and follow the other dogs out the dog door. I am far from an expert on housetraining! So, I'm hoping he gets it, or I'm going to have to do a lot of quick research! LOL

No, I'm not crating him, only because he HATES the crate. He spent at least twenty hours per day in his crate for the last three months, and before that he spent two months in a cage at a pet store, and before that, he came from a puppy mill. Understandably, he is not at all pleased to go back in the crate. I'll start working on it, if I have to, but I'd rather give him some time to figure things out on his own.

Karen
03-10-2009, 11:22 PM
He is completely adorable, and bless you for not smacking the woman who dropped him off and getting yourself in legal trouble. I hope he catches onto things quickly, but given his background, it make take a little longer. They are such little wigglebugs as pups!