PDA

View Full Version : It does snow in Mississippi ...

Willow Oak
03-09-2009, 03:09 PM
... even in March (http://www.danieltaylor.us/2009_March.html).

lvpets2002
03-09-2009, 03:12 PM
:eek: WoW thats lots of March Snow.. I am still waiting for some here in Texas..:rolleyes:

Karen
03-09-2009, 04:27 PM
It's snowing here now. The dogs look like they had such a great time in the snow!

Daisy and Delilah
03-09-2009, 04:35 PM
It's great to hear from you again and get caught up on some news. Great pictures of everybody. Cleo is absolutely gorgeous.

You are an angel to give so much help to all those unfortunate creatures. Bless you for all you do. I hope you're feeling well.:)

Randi
03-10-2009, 06:46 AM
Hi Dan, it's good to se you here again! Glad you check-up showed nothing wrong. :)

The snow pictures are absolutely wonderful and the dogs seem to enjoy it immensely. What a playground! :D

Sorry to hear about Cleo. :( Do you know how old she is? And do you know which dog is after her? Perhaps it's a good idea to find a new home for her - and Pinky. Or even better, for the rough dog/s. I'm glad that Clleo is on the mend, though. :)

Grainger looks like a sweet pup, but do you really need more? How is he getting along with the others?

Dan, this is the time of year when you need to have blinkers on when you drive to and from work, or you'll end up with many more dogs/cats.

Will the shelter take the new ones you come across? Could you appeal to the readers of Daily Corinthian to adopt some?

Willow Oak
03-10-2009, 07:21 AM
Hi Dan, it's good to se you here again! Glad you check-up showed nothing wrong. :)

The snow pictures are absolutely wonderful and the dogs seem to enjoy it immensely. What a playground! :D

Sorry to hear about Cleo. :( Do you know how old she is? And do you know which dog is after her? Perhaps it's a good idea to find a new home for her - and Pinky. Or even better, for the rough dog/s. I'm glad that Clleo is on the mend, though. :)

Grainger looks like a sweet pup, but do you really need more? How is he getting along with the others?

Dan, this is the time of year when you need to have blinkers on when you drive to and from work, or you'll end up with many more dogs/cats.

Will the shelter take the new ones you come across? Could you appeal to the readers of Daily Corinthian to adopt some?

As you know, Randi, I generally only keep those animals, which the local animal shelter informs me they may have difficulty adopting out. This does not apply to Cleo. She was originally bought by someone from a breeder for a couple hundred dollars. Cleo's original owner decided that she could not care for the cat, so Cleo went to live with someone else, then someone else. That last someone decided to let Cleo go loose, so that is how I ended up with her -- pregnant and all. All of my dogs get along right well with the cats -- most of them anyway. Cleo is a special case. She freaks out when she sees the dogs, and dogs will ..., well, dogs will be dogs. So no, I cannot get rid of the dogs on account of Cleo. Cleo needs to be owned by someone who has nothing else to do with his/her time but sit around, combing her long, gorgeous hair, and loving on her. She is a very affectionate cat and would spend all of her time in my lap if she could. It would hurt me to let her go, but I would to the right person. I want what is best for the cat.

All of the other animals get along swimmingly. You should see how the cats and dogs all sleep together -- all balled up into one big furry mass. There is Oscar contorting his big ol' body, so as not to squash Tiger. And there is Grace, looking up to watch Cougar as he walks over her like she (Grace) is some sort of rug to be walked on. There is Thumper, slapping at every dog that gets within two feet of him, chasing and being chased by whoever got slapped. Pete, Boots, Princess -- all of them get along so well with the dogs. It is a sight to see. I could never part with them.

mruffruff
03-10-2009, 10:40 AM
It's good to see you back. You've been missed.

IMHO, you are not a hoarder, but a compassionate human being. You seem to be doing a good job of caring for everyone and that makes all the difference.

gini
03-10-2009, 11:37 AM
It is good to see you back and very good to see all of your snow and how much fun the critters were having playing in it.

You have a mighty fine crew...........what's one or two more???

And thank you for helping the little guy trying to rescue his buddy. I challenge anyone who calls them "dumb" animals.