PDA

View Full Version : Moby hypo scare

smokey the elder
03-08-2009, 09:09 AM
My diabetic cat, Moby, had a hypoglycemia crisis yesterday! She threw up her food, and started staggering around. I went for the Karo syrup like I was taught (this had never happened before); at the time I wasn't sure she was hypo but I wasn't taking any chances. I got it into her, and her to the vet. Her BG was down to 25, after the Karo. That is extremely low. She's off insulin until I can start blood testing. That scared the cr@p out of me, but she seems OK now.

Freedom
03-08-2009, 10:16 AM
Oh goodness! Thank heavens you were HOME to see she needed help!

Bless you for caring for a special needs kitty. I am prayinge you and the vet can work things out so this doesn't happen.

Please deliver some chin rubs to Moby from me!

krazyaboutkatz
03-08-2009, 03:41 PM
How scary.:eek: I hope she'll be okay. I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Medusa
03-08-2009, 07:31 PM
Goodness, that is scary! I'm happy to read that you got it under control. :)

Karen
03-08-2009, 09:24 PM
How scary - good thing you had the Karo handy. I hope she gets straightened out with a new routine soon!

Barbara
03-09-2009, 04:22 AM
Hey Mobius- you scared your meowmie very much. We are glad to hear you are ok now and hope your systems will be re-organised very soon.

smokey the elder
03-09-2009, 07:28 AM
Yesterday she acted like nothing at all had happened!

GILL
03-09-2009, 08:09 AM
Been there, done that!!!!!! It scares the hell of you. Our Patch’s was diabetic for over 16 years. I was going to add red flashing lights to the car. Nothing is worst then to come home and find your baby passed out.
I am so glad that you made it through this

smokey the elder
03-09-2009, 08:18 AM
Moby is enough of a drama queen (she's a tortie, after all) that she made a huge point of doing it right in front of us! I feel bad, since I think she had mild symptoms a couple of times and I didn't pick up on it. I wonder if when she got stuck one time, that was related.