PDA

View Full Version : Not doing well

Kirsten
03-06-2009, 01:03 PM
I'm so sorry that I'm not posting much, but I'm feeling a bit under the weather lately.

The last couple of months, I was doing so well with my new thyroid meds, I even started redecorating my appartment, something that would have been impossible for me to do before I increased the dosage of my thyroid hormones.

But two weeks ago, I got a bad gastritis, and the meds I have to take (Pantozol and MCP) make me feel strange; sort of depressive, nervous, agitated... it's really bothering me. I'm pretty sure it's coming from these meds, as the symptoms started the day I took the first pill. But my doctor thinks that I'm becoming hyperthyroid and told me to cut down the dosage of my hormones again. It's really frustrating!

At the top of it, the gastritis isn't getting better, and I'm on sick leave again (for the third time this year :(). I'm facing both gastroscopy and coloscopy (yuck!), and had some blood tests done to rule out a liver or a pancreas condition. Kinda nervous about that; will get the results from the lab on Monday.

Just thought I'd let you know, in case you wondered where I've been... :(
Luna and Lily are doing fine!

Kirsten

Barbara
03-06-2009, 01:07 PM
Actually I have been wondering where you have been and I am sorry to hear that. Hormone balance is such a sensitive thing- it really can make you feel very much different. Hope all your exams go well and you will be ok again.

Kirsten
03-06-2009, 01:16 PM
Thanks! The worst thing about these hormonal problems is that they are so difficult to treat. One thing depends on another; and in my case, everything seems to be out of balance. :(

Kirsten

happylabs
03-06-2009, 01:21 PM
Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. We don't really know each other but you are a cat owner/lover so we are automatic friends!

Sending you well wishes from Casey and her 4 cats.

smokey the elder
03-06-2009, 01:31 PM
Adjusting thyroid dosage is very tweaky and can be a pain. Just keep after that, and get the other stuff sorted out. I hope you feel better!

Randi
03-06-2009, 01:46 PM
Sorry to her you are under the weather, Kirsten. :( I hope the tests will show what's wrong and you will be get the right dosage of medicine, or better avoid medicine altogether. :)

Get better! :love: Fister sends headbumpies too.

Taz_Zoee
03-06-2009, 01:47 PM
I'm sorry you are not feeling well. :( At least you have two adorable kitties to cuddle up with. I hope you are feeling better soon.

cassiesmom
03-06-2009, 01:51 PM
hugs and prayers for Kirsten and for Lily and Luna too.

Karen
03-06-2009, 02:04 PM
Sorry you are having such difficulties. I often wish we - human beings - were a little more like computers. A real-life "reset" switch would be handy. And I have often thought "undo" would be quite handy!

You'll be in our prayers. Glad you have the furnurses to remind you that getting out of bed IS important.

Felicia's Mom
03-06-2009, 02:12 PM
Sorry you're not feeling well Kristen. You will be in my prayers.:love:

DJFyrewolf36
03-06-2009, 02:17 PM
*HUGS* and *headbumps* on the way! I hope you get to feeling better.

Medusa
03-06-2009, 03:23 PM
Kirsten, I'm so sorry to read that you're not doing well. I know that when my mom was adjusting her thyroid meds, it took some time but afterwards she felt so much better. I do hope that you get things straightened out soon. In the meantime, we'll keep the prayers going for you that all will be well. Keep the faythe. :love:

Daisy and Delilah
03-06-2009, 04:13 PM
So sorry to hear you're not feeling well, Kirsten. You've had your share of problems for sure. I hope you start feeling better soon.

The thyroid can throw you completely off and it takes a while to regulate. Once they get it right, you'll be a new person.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

lvpets2002
03-06-2009, 04:20 PM
:love: Sorry to hear your under the weather.. Sending Lots of Huggss & Prayers.. Hope you get your meds straightened out..

Catty1
03-06-2009, 06:34 PM
Kirsten - Good Health is on the Way!

I went to see a friend in the hospital today, and I found a card that said those words - what a positive phrase!

Everything will get straightened out - I hope those meds that have those nasty side effects can be replaced with something else.

HUGS! and we're here to listen, so keep us posted. :love::love::love:

phesina
03-06-2009, 06:51 PM
Oh, Kirsten, I'm so sorry you are having all these health problems.

Lots of prayers and good wishes are being sent that the medical people will figure out what is going on and you get the right treatment so that you feel much better and stay that way.

Love, hugs, purrs,
Pat and cats

Kirsten
03-07-2009, 08:27 AM
Thank you everyone, your support means a lot to me! :)

You're right, having Luna and Lily around is such a huge comfort, and they always show me that there is something worth fighting for.

It's so frustrating with these thyroid meds! I'm trying since 2002 to adjust them, but it seems too many things in my system are messed up! I will keep you updated on the test results. But - as I have to admit - I really fear the coloscopy! :eek:

I often wish we - human beings - were a little more like computers. A real-life "reset" switch would be handy. And I have often thought "undo" would be quite handy!

So true!!! I often wish that, too!! Would love to re-boot my system on many days! :D

Kirsten

pomtzu
03-07-2009, 08:36 AM
But - as I have to admit - I really fear the coloscopy! :eek:

The prep is the worst part about it. :eek: You'll be in la-la land for the actual procedure! :D

Kirsten
03-07-2009, 08:43 AM
The prep is the worst part about it. :eek: You'll be in la-la land for the actual procedure! :D

I know... It's the prep I fear most! I feel bad when I cannot eat, and as an emetophob, I fear the possible vomiting, and the diarrhea as well. :(

Kirsten

AdoreMyDogs
03-07-2009, 09:29 AM
I'm so sorry you're not feeling well, Kirsten. I do hope you find some relief very soon :( It's a good thing you've got those gorgeous kitties to help you through this. Animals are a blessing, especially during our times of need.

krazyaboutkatz
03-09-2009, 12:23 AM
Kirsten, I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling well.:( I hope that your meds can be adjusted properly so that they'll start helping you again. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-09-2009, 05:06 AM
Sending you tons of big hugs, Kirsten!
Get better soo!! If you want to talk, we are all here :):love::)

http://users.telenet.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20973%20Huge_hug.gifhttp://users.telenet.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20973%20Huge_hug.gifhttp://users.telenet.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20973%20Huge_hug.gif

carole
03-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Aww dearest Kirsten i am so sorry you are feeling so bad, and going through all of this, yes thyroids are devils of things to get right, my mother has had both the underactive and overactive,she feels the cold terribly, and she knows her meds are not right, but the tests always say it is fine, even on a nice warm day when everyone else is fine, she is cold.

I hope you can get it sorted so you start to feel better and your tests go well, and they can get to the bottom of your problems, we are thinking of you here down under and hoping you start to improve and feel well again soon, take care and heaps of hugs and love.:love::love::love:

Kirsten
03-09-2009, 02:44 PM
Thank you everyone for your kinds words!

Carole, I'm sorry to hear your mother is having these problems, I can absolutely relate to that!

At least my blood test results (liver, pancreas, potassium) came back fine, but of course I still have to do the endoscopies.

Kirsten

cyber-sibes
03-09-2009, 02:46 PM
hi Kirsten, sorry your going thru all these ups and downs. Its miserable when you just cant seem to get on top of a health issue. Hope they get things sorted out for yu soo.

As for the colonoscopy, being "of a certain age", I've had a couple - and yup, the prep is the worst. But I never threw up from the prep, if that's any comfort. The other end issues are kind of inevitable, as the whole point is to clean you out, but it wasn't all that bad. The good part is -- all clear, no more for 10 years! Yippee!
I hope you get good news too. Sending you prayers,

Kirsten
03-10-2009, 02:21 PM
The good part is -- all clear, no more for 10 years! Yippee!

That's good news! And it's a huge relief! Hope my result will be the same.
First comes the gastroscopy btw. It's on Friday... Haven't scheduled an appointment for the coloscopy yet, but will ask for it on Friday...

Kirsten

beeniesmom
03-10-2009, 04:03 PM
Well wishes coming your way! :)