PDA

View Full Version : And fish makes 3!!!!!!!!!!!

shais_mom
09-22-2002, 01:29 AM
I just got a new pet!!! A betta fish! He is blue and I named him Jasper!!! He is pretty active. I keep checking on him b/c I haven't had fish in YEARS and I am afraid that I will kill him and the water lily he is in.!!!!!
Pics Later!!!

zippy-kat
09-22-2002, 01:33 AM
welcome to pet talk, jasper!!

Your momma will treat ya just fine.

Keegan on the other hand....! lol

Congrats, Staci!

Cincy'sMom
09-22-2002, 07:53 AM
Congrats Staci! Welcome Jasper!

I was afraid I would kill my fish too, but almost 6 years and 3 moves later, they are still alive! ( I have a gourimi, a danio and a plecto)

Aspen and Misty
09-22-2002, 09:00 AM
o congradualtions on you new fishy! How exiting! Welcoem to Pet talk Jasper I hope to see pictures of you sometime!

Ash

Sam's My Baby
09-22-2002, 11:30 AM
Congrats on your new fishy!http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Clap%20Hands.gif I cant wait to see pics!http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/wink.gif

Cookiebaker
09-24-2002, 09:59 AM
Congratulations, Shais-Mom & Jasper!! The funny thing is, we just got a red betta yesterday and we named him Jeminy. I know what you mean about checking on him, because I was SURE he would make it home. But he is still very alive this morning. I'm going to try and find a website perhaps that will help. I couldn't find anything yesterday on changing the water, or feeding or anything like that. The food bottle says 2-3X per DAY, but I am pretty sure that my Mom--in-law (she has a blue Betta) feeds hers like twice a WEEK. I also will try and post some pictures on him (we just got a new digital camera & I hafta wait for my hubby to get the computer ready). :D

shais_mom
09-25-2002, 12:09 AM
Yeah, I thought he was a goner tonight b/c he wasn't very active. But he seems to be ok now. I think they said to feed him only once a day. The lady in the petstore said to NOT VERY MUCH. That is the problem. I read somewhere to dip a toothpick into water and dip it into food and dip it into the fish's water. If you have a plant in there with it, like I have a water lily, you don't have to feed them only once every other day or so. A couple of my friends only feed theirs once a week and the one has had her's since April!