PDA

View Full Version : this is so irritating

catchat
09-22-2002, 12:55 AM
ok this is toughCookie, had to sign in on this name, I don't know why, I emailed karen but have not got an answer.

I just wish I knew why this keeps happening. this site doesn't use cookies does it?

krazyaboutkatz
09-22-2002, 01:10 AM
I don't know but you sure seem to be having a lot of frequent problems with your username. Do you always have to sign in each time you visit Pet Talk? I think that I've only had to sign in 2 times since I've joined. The site always remembers my username and password so I've never had a problem. Good luck. I know it can be very frustrating.

Randi
09-22-2002, 05:14 AM
Most annoying for you! Have you had a look in Edit Options? It should be set on Yes to Cookies. Good luck! :)

AmberLee
09-22-2002, 12:40 PM
Hey, TC/CC-

Hopefully Karen and/or Paul can get this fixed for you. I get irked that once or twice a week I get 'forgotten' and have to relog in, but at least it lets me. So sorry you are going through this. :(

Good luck. I admire your determination! :D :cool:

Nomilynn
09-22-2002, 02:07 PM
I have mine set so I have to re-log in every time I come onto the site, and I have never had a problem with anything that way *knock wood!*

Maybe try that for a week and see? It's in the options somewhere where you can "automatically relog in" or something like that. :)

RockyRoad
09-22-2002, 03:18 PM
The site also remembers my name and password everytime as well. Sometimes I have to relog in for some reason, but hardly ever. That must be annoying, and I sort of know how you feel. I am trying to figure out how to vote again. Good luck!!:)

Karen
09-22-2002, 03:54 PM
I actually DID email you, I do not know why you did not get it. This site DOES use cookies to "remember" your username and password. Try clearing the cookies from your browser, then making sure you have it set to accept them. Log out as catchat, then try logging back in as toughCookie. The software IS particular about things like upper and lower case as well, make sure you type the username as toughCookie just like that - no spaces or anything, and make sure you don't have caps-lock down when you enter that, or your password.

catchat
09-22-2002, 08:36 PM
karen
does your site use cookies for just logging in? I always clear cookies I thought thats why it is not letting me on with this name . I don't mind loggin in each time, I prefer that, but what irritates me is when I do, and it still goes back to the log in page again and again, or it keeps saying I have not registered! it does it sometimes only so I am confused. I clear the cookies off everyday. I am careful about the case sensitive thing

Karen
09-22-2002, 09:39 PM
The site just uses cookies to tell if you are logged in or not. If you clear your cookies, you need to log in fresh each time. On my machine at home, I rarely have to log in, maybe once a month. But any machines I use at work, I make sure I log off, just so no one there could post as "me!"

Fuzzy317
09-22-2002, 09:45 PM
I either have to clear cookies or logoff at home, since Vi Co Bi and I both use the computer.

Fuzzy317
09-23-2002, 12:09 AM
I see toughCookie apparently has the log-in fixed.