PDA

View Full Version : Attempted break-in!!

catnapper
03-05-2009, 08:22 AM
We're doing a LOT of work on the house right now. I still don't have basement steps, so I have to go outside and through the storm cellar doors to get to the basement for laundry and such. We always have the basement door locked, but since we don't have steps, we got lazy and didn't lock it the past few days. We were in and out of the basement a LOT and it was a huge pain to set the lock.

Well, we came home to find the basement wide open yesterday! :eek: :eek: :eek: Someone tried to gain entry into the house through the unlocked basement. Problem was.... no steps to get upstairs. No way to even get near the platform to the second floor.

So now, the basement is locked TIGHT again. Thank God we didn't have the steps in place, becaus we would have been robbed again. :o Lesson learned. We will not be lazy little bums and complain about a lock. Its a bother but thats by design! Its not supposed to be easy to get into the basement from outside.

Now, if they wanted to clean out the basement for me, they're welcome to the old clothes and dishes from hubby's first marriage! Otherwise, there is nothing else in the house to take. We were robbed before and the only things I replaced (wedding band, computer, and camera) were all with me. All the jewelry is long gone, unless you want some cheap costume stuff.

moosmom
03-05-2009, 03:41 PM
*raises hand shaking vigorously* Oooooo, ooohhh, pick me!! Ya got any junk costume jewelry you want to get rid of?? Send it to me!! I use the stones and pieces to make antique frames.

Glad they didn't get into the house, Kim. They must've felt like complete a-holes. Any idea who??

Alysser
03-05-2009, 07:20 PM
Woah!! That's scary, do you think you were home when it happened? :eek: Was it the same person who robbed you last time, you think?

cassiesmom
03-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Oh, no! I'm glad those stairs weren't in place.

K9karen
03-06-2009, 12:04 AM
Lucky you. I'm so glad the unsteps stopped them. That's all you need, huh?

jennielynn1970
03-06-2009, 12:24 PM
I'm glad they weren't able to get into the upstairs of the house!!

How are things with Ashley going??