PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping dog brings the funnay.

blue
03-04-2009, 09:50 PM
Link (http://video.yahoo.com/network/100000086?v=4604399&l=100000085).

Karen
03-04-2009, 10:05 PM
Poor baby - I wonder who he was chasing in that dream? Good thing he looks like he's got a hard head, and neither he nor the wall sustained any damage!

blue
03-04-2009, 10:10 PM
I can totally see Verde doing that, the new laminate flooring would bring even more funnay.

Karen
03-04-2009, 10:15 PM
I can totally see Verde doing that, the new laminate flooring would bring even more funnay.

Does she twitch that hard in her sleep? My dogs only would twitch their feet a little, and Sheba (best dog in the whole wide world, smartest ever) would sometimes let out a little "mrrrf" - a muffled bark, but it was very quiet, you had to be close to hear it. She was my very first dog, my family got her when I was a toddler, so I was often nearest her on the floor!

blue
03-04-2009, 10:23 PM
Its rare but I have seen her run in her sleep while murphing. Blue gets weird when she does it.

Blue will twitch and bark in his sleep too.

scrain2329
03-04-2009, 11:00 PM
ok sad he hit the wall. but i am laughing so hard im crying. Bayley does this when she is sleeping. A full boar run when she is asleep then she wakes up and bolts around the living room. As if she is doing the same thing when she wakes up. although.... she slept upside down when she was a baby...
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh36/scrain2329/Puppys287.jpg

chocolatepuppy
03-05-2009, 04:56 AM
How would you like having that dog sleep on your bed? :D

aTailOf2Kitties
03-05-2009, 07:37 AM
I wish this crap wasn't blocked at work, but I've seen this video. There are a couple Bizkit videos on YouTube. Looked more like a seizure to me. In one of the videos he stands up and barks and is still shaking after he "wakes up" and the owner is talking to him.

happylabs
03-05-2009, 08:14 AM
Poor baby! He was having a nightmare for sure. Casey moves her feet when she sleeps sometimes and does little whining noises. I always wake her up because I think she is having a bad dream. I don't know what she could have a bad dream about though because she lives like a queen! :love:

Taz_Zoee
03-05-2009, 09:13 AM
My friend just sent this to me the other day. It was funny right up until he ran into the wall. I'm sorry, I just don't think that's funny. :( Poor guy.

MonicanHonda
03-05-2009, 10:43 AM
I saw that yesterday! I was so amazed. Honda always twitched like she was running and she barks with her mouth closed all the time. But I was amazed the dog actually got up and was full out running on the floor. Lol

lvpets2002
03-05-2009, 11:35 AM
How would you like having that dog sleep on your bed? :D

:eek: WoW that dog was sure chasing something in the dreams.. I dont think I would want that puppy in bed with me.. Poor baby.. I hope the baby's head did not hurt too much..

joycenalex
03-06-2009, 12:30 PM
i also wondered if the dog was having a seizure.

Catlady711
03-07-2009, 12:10 AM
They had this on the news this morning. Kinda looked to me like the dog was dreaming it was BEING chased, not chasing something, just based on how he lifted his head and snapped as if something was behind him.

I've seen several dog seizures at work, and a seizure on my RB cat Dusty, and this video didn't look like any of them. Just looked like a dog having a very, very bad nightmare.

Poor baby, glad he didn't go running down any stairs or anything. It was funny until he started snapping then actually up and running.:eek:

Skyfire
03-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Aww. I thought that was funny up until when he ran into the wall.

Coda'sMommy
03-09-2009, 04:12 AM
As a person who personally owned a dog (Golden Retriever) who suffered from Epilepy, I can tell you, that was NOT a seizure. Pup would go stiff as a board, with hard twitches, heavy drooling, and after would be slow getting to his feet, wobbling and threatening to vomit. I would have to help him walk to the door (he refused to vomit in the house), help him out into the yard where he would vomit several times. Slowly while walking around outside his motor functions would return to normal. He would then go lay down and sleep off the headache I'm sure he had. My 21 yr old daughter also suffers from the same affliction, though they never seemed to have a seizure on the same day (thank God!).
http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=106&pictureid=954
He was the BEST dog I've ever owned! I miss him horribly, but I had to leave him behind with my ex-boyfriend (the two adored each other).

beeniesmom
03-09-2009, 12:29 PM
Ok sad he hit the wall. but i am laughing so hard im crying.

Me too.... :D :D :D

K9soul
03-09-2009, 03:49 PM
I saw the first clip last week and laughed, though I felt a bit bad for the dog hitting the wall. However I then noticed there are several clips of this dog doing the same thing, and this one in particular stood out to me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-0dzKH1Rfs

I have to admit if my dog did this constantly and especially the standing and twitching. This could possibly be postictal behavior though of course it may not. In any case the dog seems to at least have some sort of sleeping disorder or neurological difference going on here. I just would be a bit freaked out and concerned if one of mine were doing this and with such consistency, but perhaps she has had Bizkit checked out and things are fine.

RipplingWaves55
03-10-2009, 02:36 PM
Oh that is so hilarious.

I feel bad I laughed when he ran into the wall but it was so sudden, I wasn't expecting it and I immediately just laughed. Definitely not a seizure I don't think. Poor guy! Hope he's okay.:)

Catlady711
03-10-2009, 06:39 PM
I saw the first clip last week and laughed, though I felt a bit bad for the dog hitting the wall. However I then noticed there are several clips of this dog doing the same thing, and this one in particular stood out to me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-0dzKH1Rfs

I have to admit if my dog did this constantly and especially the standing and twitching. This could possibly be postictal behavior though of course it may not. In any case the dog seems to at least have some sort of sleeping disorder or neurological difference going on here. I just would be a bit freaked out and concerned if one of mine were doing this and with such consistency, but perhaps she has had Bizkit checked out and things are fine.

After seeing that video also I'd say def. NOT siezures. I'm thinking hallucinations or some kind of nerological disorder. Either way it would be nice if people that post videos of behaviour like that in their pets would at least say whether they've had the pet checked by a vet.