PDA

View Full Version : So exhausted.

beeniesmom
03-04-2009, 06:08 PM
We decided to get the house painted and I had no idea how exhausting it could be. And I am not even doing the painting. We hired a couple to do it but the cleaning is the incredible part. I thought I was a good housekeeper until they started to move furniture and I saw what was behind everything. Ewww, dust, dead spiders, dog kibble (?). Anyway, I have cleaned and straightened out some of the rooms but my house still looks like a hurricane hit it. The original idea was to get the spare bedroom painted so I could start deciding on a nursery for the baby but then we decided that maybe all the bedrooms should be done.... oh yes, then of course the kitchen... the bath rooms, utility room etc would look bad compared to the other rooms. AHHHHH! Help! :o Just venting.

Medusa
03-04-2009, 06:13 PM
LOL That's the problem with "little" projects. They mushroom into whole house projects. I started w/having a closet converted into an entertainment center. The fever spread and I had the enclosed patio room remodeled, then the family room, then the master bath, then the half bath, now I'm having doors and trim replaced. The clean up is awful, even though the most recent worker does a good job. So I can relate. At'll learn us! ;) Just think of how nice and fresh everything will be for the baby. :)

Karen
03-04-2009, 06:50 PM
Aww, sending you hugs. Just be glad you are getting it over with now, as a year from now, you'll be too busy to even think about such tasks! :)

chocolatepuppy
03-04-2009, 07:08 PM
Poor Carmen. Hopefully the worst is over. That's why I don't even start cleaning or any projects!;) I'll bet it's going to really look nice.:)

prechrswife
03-04-2009, 07:26 PM
It will be worth it. When we were waiting on our adoption referral for Mary Joyce, I started out planning to paint her nursery and ended up painting every room in the house except for the ones with pine paneling. These projects have a way of growing.