PDA

View Full Version : Apropos of a company you use...cars with names on them

Catty1
03-03-2009, 06:57 PM
Thanks to EVERYONE who posted their replies on the thread about why you use a certain company time and again.

I have one more question, about cars with company names, etc, on them.

When I joined the computer company I am with, one of the requirements was to buy a company vehicle. Yes, 100% tax deductible...but I hope I can hold on til the deductions come in! :D

Current vehicle is an HHR, decaled to the max. I will likely be going independent soon, and will want to sell the HHR and use my Toyota. (The Toyota is paid for and MUCH cheaper to run!)

Now - am I nuts here, thinking to use the Toyota? Do you notice company names etc on a vehicle no matter how big or not-big it is?

I've attached a pic of each vehicle. Thoughts or whatever appreciated.

jenluckenbach
03-03-2009, 07:04 PM
Size probably doesn't matter as much as COLOR! Bright! Eye-catching color!

And being very simple and clear to read, because remember, most people will be moving when they see the car.

Karen
03-03-2009, 07:24 PM
Yes, I notice logos on vehicles regardless of size.

Lillycat
03-03-2009, 07:31 PM
me too......smaller or larger.....

Karen
03-03-2009, 09:08 PM
I would add that if you are using a light-colored car like your silver one, white lettering as is on the black vehicle, will be far less noticeable. It would be worth getting new decals printed.

Catty1
03-03-2009, 09:21 PM
Oh, I would definitely get new decals! It would be my own company name - and would be a visible colour, or on a black background, or both!

Anybody wanna buy an HHR???? ;):D

blue
03-03-2009, 09:58 PM
Whats an HHR? Excuse my ignorance.

I find the decals distracting, whether its addvertizing for a business or a memorial for a loved one. Ive got some Palin 2012 stickers for the Jeep, I just dont want to add to the distractions of driving by putting them on.

beeniesmom
03-04-2009, 05:09 PM

Me too.

Catlady711
03-04-2009, 05:29 PM

Me too.

Me three.

I normally don't like black company vehicles though. I'm not positive, but I think it has to do with most of our salesmen that come in that I don't like have a black vehicle and I tend to associate that color with them. I tend to think of white, beige, and tan type car colors as 'professional' and black cars as con-artist/used car salesman. But that's just my own odd opinion on it.

As for the logo on your SUV thing there, I can't quite see it in the pix. The computer cartoon is saying something but I can't read it, and there's way too many colorful reflections from the stuff in the garage for me to tell what's the logo and what's the reflections. Do you have a better pix of the side of it?