PDA

View Full Version : Spring is just around the corner...

pomtzu
03-03-2009, 08:15 AM
So says the calendar. Mother Nature needs to be told, since she dumped a foot of snow on us yesterday! YUK!

Cinder & Smoke
03-03-2009, 10:17 AM
Spring ... "just around the corner" ...

So says the calendar.
Mother Nature needs to be told, since she dumped a foot of snow on us yesterday!

Just a minor malfunction ...
"Mom" musta forgot to turn the calendar page ...
Or neglected to put on her glasses! :eek:

:p

Daisy and Delilah
03-03-2009, 11:23 AM
C'mon down to Florida, Ellie. It's pretty cool here but very springlike. That's alot of snow. Those pics are beautiful.:)

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-03-2009, 11:43 AM
Brrrrrrrrrrrr..... that's a lot of snow :eek::D

We have spring here, our lawn is covered with crocusses and snowdrops!:love:

kokopup
03-03-2009, 11:47 AM
We had tornadoes on Friday , 2" of snow on Sunday and now the outlook
is for 70+ for at least the next week. The daffodil ,crocus and forcithia are blooming. Some of the trees have buds so I expect our week of 70's will bring everything out. We are a little late here for spring to be springing. I do recall March 14 of 1993 after spring was in full bloom
we had our worst snow ever.:eek:

lvpets2002
03-03-2009, 12:34 PM
:eek: WoW thats a Lot of Snow.. All so so Pretty & Great Pics thanks.. Ok Now You Can Send Some to Texas Please.. I am still waiting..:p

aTailOf2Kitties
03-03-2009, 12:34 PM
the daffodils are blooming and the frogs were singing..... until we got 9 inches of snow and a cold snap. Hopefully the frogs will restart their chorus soon

Karen
03-03-2009, 02:55 PM
We got a little over a foot of snow here, but were not terribly surprised. March in New England is an iffy proposition at best! But still folks must believe the calendar - as I was breaking up some ice on the driveway this afternoon, a neighbor drove by and rolled down his window to say "Spring is just around the corner!" I just smiled and waved. We have gotten snow as late as May, and it's not uncommon to have snow storms in April here ..

pomtzu
03-03-2009, 03:08 PM
We got a little over a foot of snow here, but were not terribly surprised. March in New England is an iffy proposition at best! But still folks must believe the calendar - as I was breaking up some ice on the driveway this afternoon, a neighbor drove by and rolled down his window to say "Spring is just around the corner!" I just smiled and waved. We have gotten snow as late as May, and it's not uncommon to have snow storms in April here ..

I guess I've just been away from my New England growing up days for too long. Our worst storms here are usually mid-January thru mid-February - not too common to see one in March - altho it has happened. And just 2 days before the storm, temps were in the 60's! :)

Medusa
03-03-2009, 03:22 PM
Oh boy. Keep it there, will ya, Ellie, please? Last year on March 15, we got a foot of snow. That's also the same day my ex-husband went on vacation to Hawaii. :mad:

smokey the elder
03-04-2009, 07:25 AM
Some of the worst blizzards ever in the Northeast have been in March (Blizzard of 1888; the 1993 so-called "Storm of the Century"). But huge nor'easters are more typical in February. We had a President's Day weekend storm 3-4 years ago, and a Lincoln's Birthday storm the next, over a foot and a half! Fortunately, it seems that most of the very largest storms have been on the weekends. Odd, that.

AllAmericanPUP
03-04-2009, 09:07 AM
it's suppose to be in the 50's here today :D

pomtzu
03-04-2009, 09:29 AM
Some of the worst blizzards ever in the Northeast have been in March (Blizzard of 1888; the 1993 so-called "Storm of the Century"). But huge nor'easters are more typical in February. We had a President's Day weekend storm 3-4 years ago, and a Lincoln's Birthday storm the next, over a foot and a half! Fortunately, it seems that most of the very largest storms have been on the weekends. Odd, that.

The President's Day Blizzard was in 2003, and I remember it VERY well indeed. Here in DE - it dumped 30" of snow on us. It was several days before we even saw a plow. The worst ones I remember were in 1978-79(?), and snow had drifted so bad, that it came to about an inch from the top of the sliding glass door. We had to use the front door and dig our way to the back of the house to clear the rear entrances! :eek:
But on the brighter side - it's supposed to be in the 50's here by the weekend! Doin' a happy dance!!!!! :D

Grace
03-04-2009, 10:04 AM
Finally a snow storm that passed us by!! I think our total for this winter will be the second highest since they started keeping records.

No snow this week - but COLD. Below zero Tuesday morning!!

kokopup
03-04-2009, 02:56 PM
I think (HOPE);) spring has finally come to the south. Our 10 day forecast
shows 70+ weather every day with Sunday's high being 80.:D:D:D

pomtzu
03-04-2009, 03:08 PM
I think (HOPE);) spring has finally come to the south. Our 10 day forecast
shows 70+ weather every day with Sunday's high being 80.:D:D:D

Smart a$$! :D And I'm rejoicing over the prospect of the 50's for a few days! Ah - but can the 60's and 70's be far behind??? :)