PDA

View Full Version : Foster Belle

jenluckenbach
03-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Belle went to the vet today. She stopped eating for me. I was sure it had to do with her teeth. But the vet says they look good!

Blood was drawn for testing and I'll get the results tomorrow.

In the meantime, I watched her try to eat again tonight, and I am convinced that it is her mouth.

Tomorrow I am going to insist they knock her out to get a proper look at her teeth. (just call it mother's intuition)

catmandu
03-02-2009, 07:49 PM
Poor Belle we are praying that its not something serious, and that Belle will be right as rain, and the Belle of The Ball very soon!!:love::love:
The Animal Angels will be there to comfort her and keep her spirits up.
:):):)

Medusa
03-03-2009, 07:39 AM
Oh poor girl. You may be right, Jen. If it isn't her teeth, she may have a sore in her mouth that the vet can't see just by looking, so she may need to be put under. I sure hope it's nothing serious. Prayers going up right now.....

astrid
03-03-2009, 09:15 AM
I hope it isn't something serious!! :(
Prayers for her, I hope she gets better soon...

Big hugs:love:

jenluckenbach
03-03-2009, 02:35 PM
Belle is going in tomorrow morning for sedation and dental "whatever is needed"

Her blood test results had a high white count and slightly low red count but fantastic otherwise.

jenluckenbach
03-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Well, Belle had her teeth cleaned today, and 1 removed, but the vets STILL don't think that they were problematic for her. They looked great.

they did send urine out thinking she might have a UTI (because her white blood count was high and her "pee-pee opening is larger than normal)

So, she's home and has clavamox and metacam, hoping that she feels up to eating (once she comes out of her wobbly anesthesia mode)