PDA

View Full Version : Cat show

Nomilynn
09-21-2002, 07:30 PM
I went to a cat show today in Sidney. I wasn't really impressed though. They didn't have a lot of things to purchase, like toys and trees and food, like others I have been too. Also, the place smelled like cat pee and I wondered how clean it was. I saw one cat.. a HUGE grey persian, who had a really tiny litter box and he went to pee and was totally missing and he messed on his fabric cover. Then he slept in the litter box because his floor was dirty! :eek: I don't think his mom even noticed when she got back from wherever she was (I didn't see her to let her know).

There were some beautiful cats though. I saw one cat that looked JUST like Peanut, and a couple that look like Tsoomi (I hope I spelled that right!). It was worth it to meet the cats and the rescue people who were there :)

AmberLee
09-21-2002, 09:12 PM
Oh, it sounds like you had a really mixed experience. I wish it had been more positive for you.

I bet that cat's mom will regret not having a larger box for her fur-baby, don't you?

Were you able to watch any judging? My favorite part is when I find a talkative judge who explains the whats and whys of what he/she is looking for and rating on. How about you? (Second favorite is shopping for goodies for me and my furbabies. :o )

Nomilynn
09-21-2002, 09:28 PM
He really did need a much bigger box.. I felt so bad for him because it was so degrading.

I didn't watch much judging. It was noisy and no one was explaining anyway. But I did see a few judges trying to make the cats play :)

AmberLee
09-21-2002, 09:50 PM
Here they do that first as a way of calming them /distracting them when they are individually checking them over and then once again when they are all back in their cages as a final determination of the alertness and personality of the cats in making their ratings for divisions and breeds. Is that they way they did it there, too?

Nomilynn
09-21-2002, 09:56 PM
I'm really not sure, and I don't know if it was before or after the judging :D