PDA

View Full Version : Multitasking Momma

lizbud
03-01-2009, 09:45 AM
Police: Mom Breast-Fed Child While Driving
Mom Tells Police She Wouldn't Let Child Go Hungry

POSTED: 9:48 am EST February 28, 2009

KETTERING, Ohio -- Police say an Ohio mother has been charged with child endangerment after another driver reported she was breast-feeding and talking on the phone while driving.

The caller told police in suburban Dayton that he spotted the minivan-driving mother dropping off children at a school Thursday morning.

Officer Michael Burke said authorities used a license plate number to track down 39-year-old Genine Compton, who told them she was breast-feeding and wouldn't let her child go hungry.

He said the child was under 2 years old.

Burke said the legal concern is that Compton had a child in her lap, not that she was breast-feeding in public.

He said she faces up to 180 days in jail and a $1,800 fine if convicted of the misdemeanor.

pomtzu
03-01-2009, 10:07 AM
He said she faces up to 180 days in jail and a $1,800 fine if convicted of the misdemeanor.

That seems like a reasonable price to pay for lack of common sense! :eek:

Twisterdog
03-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Mom Tells Police She Wouldn't Let Child Go Hungry

But she will let him go through the windshield ... :mad:

Karen
03-01-2009, 09:06 PM
How stupid is she to not just pull over and let him nurse for a few minutes? No one said she had to let him go hungry ...

Daisy and Delilah
03-01-2009, 10:25 PM
How stupid is she to not just pull over and let him nurse for a few minutes? No one said she had to let him go hungry ...

No kidding!! Where could she have been going that was so important? She couldn't have called someone to tell them she would be late? What an idiot!!:mad::(:mad:

lizbud
03-02-2009, 10:21 AM
Wow, this woman hasn't learned anything yet. She has a major attitude
problem. She still says she would do it all over again if she decided it was
necessary.:rolleyes: I hope the baby doesn't pay for her stupidity.

"Compton said she will take the advice of the officers into consideration, but she may breast-feed her baby while driving in the future if she feels that it is necessary."

She could face up to 180 days in jail and fines for the child endangerment citation

http://www.theindychannel.com/health/18831330/detail.html

gini
03-02-2009, 10:53 AM
If that child has to nurse while she is driving (and talking on the phone)
there is something seriously wrong with her schedule!

Sirrahsim
03-02-2009, 01:34 PM
:eek::eek: What a fruit cake. Feed the baby before you leave, or just let her cry for a few minutes until you get to your destination. Seriously:rolleyes:

Now I will admit to breastfeeding my oldest son in the car before. HOWEVER, I was not the one driving, and he remained strapped safely in his car seat the whole time. When you are an hour from your destination on a Japanese highway there is nowhere to pull over. At all. If you get off of the highway there is no guarantee that there will be an on ramp anywhere near where you got off.

caseysmom
03-02-2009, 01:42 PM
:eek::eek: What a fruit cake. Feed the baby before you leave, or just let her cry for a few minutes until you get to your destination. Seriously:rolleyes:

Now I will admit to breastfeeding my oldest son in the car before. HOWEVER, I was not the one driving, and he remained strapped safely in his car seat the whole time. When you are an hour from your destination on a Japanese highway there is nowhere to pull over. At all. If you get off of the highway there is no guarantee that there will be an on ramp anywhere near where you got off.

I remember a time or two leaning a boob over while I was in the back seat with the kids and hubby was driving :D

RICHARD
03-02-2009, 02:49 PM
I am more concerned with the 14 OctoKids than I am with this 'boob' feeding her kid in the car.

Seriously, I saw an interview with that hack and she needs to wrap her car around a tree, that would make her brain process thoughts more correctly.:rolleyes: