PDA

View Full Version : My trip to the ER

IRescue452
02-28-2009, 11:28 AM
So I ended up going to the ER last night for chest pain. I got an EKG, chest x-rays, blood tests, a cat scan, the whole nine yards. And what do they find, just inflamation of the chest wall. I sprained my chest?! Gotta get somebody else to cover the hardest physical labor parts of my job for the next week or so.
I'm hoping the nurses and doctors enjoyed my company at 2 in the morning. I certainly was amused about everthing they did. From the extra nipples (electrodes) to the shot of painkillers in the butt to the going through the middle of a giant doughnut while laying still. Laughing is painful but I couldn't help myself. Only thing I almost didn't laugh at was the iv's.

I may have a real heart attack when I get the bill, so I'm gonna need to laugh at all of your comments.

MajesticCollies
02-28-2009, 11:36 AM
Better safe than sorry! Glad its only a bruised chest. Hope you left the extra set of nipples there.

Karen
02-28-2009, 11:41 AM
Oh, such fun. At least you got to go home! No heart attack - that's a GOOD thing. How the heck did you sprain your chest muscles? OWWWW!

Freedom
02-28-2009, 02:36 PM
Great way to spend a few hours some evening -- NOT!

Glad to read you are alright.

Randi
02-28-2009, 02:46 PM
Now you've been through all the tests, you're allowed to laugh. But what an ordeal!

Glad to hear you're OK! :)

Daisy and Delilah
02-28-2009, 02:56 PM
That is pretty scary!!! I'm glad you're ok. You had the works and more. Feel better!!!:)

kimlovescats
02-28-2009, 06:50 PM
I had the same exact thing a few years ago. It was called Costochondritis. Yes, very painful and scary until you find out what it really is!

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/costochondritis/DS00626

catnapper
02-28-2009, 07:03 PM
YIKES!! :eek: Glad to hear the biggest issue will be the hospital bill.

K9karen
02-28-2009, 10:01 PM
I'm just glad you're OK. Sounds like something I had decades ago. Of course everything was funny to me just because I couldn't laugh! :rolleyes: It's always a plus when the hospital staff likes you. Be gentle on yourself for a few days!

ramanth
03-01-2009, 06:41 PM
I sympathise!! :cool: *hugs* I'm glad you are okay though. :love:

IRescue452
03-02-2009, 10:21 AM
I'm just glad you're OK. Sounds like something I had decades ago. Of course everything was funny to me just because I couldn't laugh!

I think that must be a rule of nature, when laughing hurts, everything's funny.

Thanks everybody for your good thoughts. Unfortunately this weekend I moved to a new apartment so I couldn't relax just yet, but now that its all said and done I get to be lazy for a while.

lvpets2002
03-02-2009, 12:16 PM
Now you've been through all the tests, you're allowed to laugh. But what an ordeal!

Glad to hear you're OK! :)

:eek: Oh No Sorry to read this.. So Glad your Ok.. Now I will bet the laughing is a Ouchy with the bruised chest.. Take Care of Yourself..