PDA

View Full Version : Meet Oceana and Maleki-our new bunnies!

sumbirdy
02-28-2009, 01:48 AM
Yesterday we got two new bunnies. Maleki (the black one) is my brothers girlfriends bunny. He's a little feisty, but loveable. Oceana is mine and Nathans. She is the sweetest of the two. She is very cuddly, and loves to be held and rubbed between the ears. She's the type of bunny who would be content to be carried around all day. Not that I'm going to do that, she needs her excercise! She's really laid back and gentle. And nosy! lol. She pokes her nose into everything. I can tell we're going to have to do some extra rabbit-proofing. I do have one question about rabbits for you knowledgeable people here. What is the right age to have them spayed and neutered?

chocolatepuppy
02-28-2009, 05:29 AM
Oh what cute bunnies! I'll bet they're lots of fun!:D

Karen
02-28-2009, 11:15 AM
Six months for spaying, about the same for neutering. How old are they now?

sumbirdy
02-28-2009, 06:49 PM
They are about 4 months old. They are very fun. They love to hop around the house, and Maleki uses the litter box which is great. (We're trying to teach Oceana to do it too.) The first warm day we're going to take them on their first trip outside and let them hop around the yard. :D I'll try to take some pics, if I've got batteries for the camera. The batteries went dead and I ran out of them, so no pictures right now.

cassiesmom
03-02-2009, 07:23 PM
They're adorable! Welcome, Bunnies!

sumbirdy
03-02-2009, 11:11 PM
Ooops...we thought Oceana was a she, turns out that SHE is a HE. :o So we are now calling him Ocean.