PDA

View Full Version : Got my ultrasound yesterday

wolfsoul
02-27-2009, 08:50 AM
I went for my first ultrasounds yesterday! My baby is about the size of a grape right now. You could see the heart beating like crazy. It's going 172 beats per minute. They said I'm almost 9 weeks.
I took one look at it, and I swear I know it's a girl. I'll be extremely surprised if it's not. We told Kyle's dad yesterday and he couldn't even sleep lastnight, he was so excited. I'm going to my mom's for dinner tonight to tell her.

So everything is good so far. Still no morning sickness, but every now and then I wake up at exactly the same time (always 6am) with major gas pains. Still no breast pain. I'm not fatigued anymore, I'm just tired faster. I go to bed earlier and wake up later. I used to go to the gym twice a day but I can't do it THAT much anymore! And my butt is killing me!! The muscles get sore when I sit too long.They aren't sore when I stand. It's weird, sometimes it falls asleep. It's never done that before.
I'm already showing, my belly has gotten hard. I think I'm going to be HUGE. I already think my baby is going to be a giant. The babies in my family typically range from 10-13 pounds, Kyle' family from 9-10 pounds. I have no hips. LOL.

And now Visa should be in heat within the next couple of weeks. :D I've got one pup going to Colorado and one going to Wisconsin to some very good breeders. They'll have lives full of herding, agility, obedience, and conformation. I'm so excited for them. I told Visa that it's my turn to have a singleton, so this time she'd better be having multiples!!! :)

Anyways, I'd better be off to work!

beeniesmom
02-27-2009, 09:10 AM
Aww, Congratulations on seeing your baby for the first time. It's an emotional experience for sure. I know exactly what you are talking about with the symptoms. I had them all too. I can say that it's getting better though. Since starting the second trimester I am sleeping better and my body parts don't randomly fall asleep! :)
When is your due date?

Cataholic
02-27-2009, 10:14 AM
It is amazing, isn't it? I am glad to hear your symptoms have been pleasant. Maybe the waking up early is just training for the next 2 years? LOL.

prechrswife
02-27-2009, 11:02 AM
That first ultrasound is amazing, isn't it? :D

Husky_mom
02-27-2009, 11:18 AM
aww... so cute... wait till next month.. if you gen another ultrasound.. your eyes will go 1000 times bigger when you see the change....

the change between the 2nd-3rd months is amazing!!!...

congrats!!... and letīs hope Visa listened ;)

binka_nugget
02-27-2009, 12:11 PM
So excited!! :D Congrats to you and Kyle! :D

(If you feel like showing up at my door with a male pup, that'd be fine... just sayin' ;))

Flatcoatluver
02-27-2009, 01:35 PM
Wow your preggo?! Congrats! I'm so happy for you. :)

*LabLoverKEB*
02-27-2009, 03:11 PM
I'm super excited for you, Jordan! :):):D

finn's mom
02-27-2009, 03:58 PM
Yay, another girl to share symptoms and stories with. ;) I don't remember anything falling asleep, except for ME! ALL THE TIME! The day I took the pregnancy test, I fell asleep on the toilet at work! :eek: I was working a little part time job (it was actually a total joke and that was my last day). I remember going home, and telling David and his sister picking up a pregnancy test on the way home. Yeah, I don't usually fall asleep on the john, hahaha.

I finally got some energy back, but still experience some strange hormonal ups and downs. Kinda like I'm PMSing. That's all I've experienced, though, so I'm counting my blessings!

I wish I could have gotten a first sonogram a little earlier, ours was at 12 weeks and baby was nearly 3 inches long! Our second one (16 weeks) is on Thursday! :) Do you have any photos of your sonogram?

It's so exciting going through this with all of you ladies! :D

wolfsoul
03-01-2009, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the replies!!

They didn't give me a due date -- they won't until my physical on March the 9th, but if I calculated correctly, from the date they gave me it would be Oct 3rd. I've had a feeling from day one that it would be Oct 1st though. Either way, I'm getting my Libra baby!! What I've always wanted. :)

Ashley, don't tempt me hahah. I will take you up on that!!!

I have pictures but I don't have a scanner so I'll see if I can just take a picture of them with my camera and then I'll post them. :) That's hilarious you fell asleep on the toilet!

Thanks again guys!

tikeyas_mom
03-01-2009, 06:47 PM
yay for babies!!!! I swear "she" is already sooo cute hehe. That ultrasound pic was soo cool,, I miss it!!! Except I was barfing my guts out when I was that far along haha.. I swear it had something to do with my prenatal vitamins, they made me soooo sick..
I am so happy for you jordalini, oyur gunna be an awesome mommy.. I will be an awesome aunty too hahha.