PDA

View Full Version : The hazards of showing off

Sirrahsim
02-26-2009, 04:45 PM
While I was at the park earlier with my oldest son, I was trying to be a monkey and was showing off a little bit for him on the metal play equipment. At one point he wanted me to climb up into an area that requires you to step up on a metal bar and use your arms to kind of pull yourself up the rest of the way.
I put my foot on that bar and vaulted my body up towards the platform... only to smash my head against the metal bar that was ABOVE the opening. The bar smacked right on top of my head and I felt the vibration clear down to my toes. :eek::eek:
I have been a little dizzy and nauseous since then so I may have given myself a very mild concussion:eek:

Moral of the story: If you MUST show off, at least make sure you're not going to hurt yourself in the process:D:rolleyes:

Daisy and Delilah
02-26-2009, 04:48 PM
Holy Cow!! I'm speaking as a mother here.......should you go to the ER to make sure there's nothing wrong? Wouldn't it be best?

I can imagine how embarrassing and painful that was.:eek:

Husky_mom
02-26-2009, 04:49 PM
I´m sorry about your "bump"... I really LOLed as I could clearly see myself doing that exact same thing...

hope you heal soon and you get nothign more but the dizzyness you already have...

genlte headbumps... oh no... gentle hugs.. ;)

Sirrahsim
02-26-2009, 04:53 PM
Holy Cow!! I'm speaking as a mother here.......should you go to the ER to make sure there's nothing wrong? Wouldn't it be best?

I can imagine how embarrassing and painful that was.:eek:

If it gets worse I will.

caseysmom
02-26-2009, 05:26 PM
I'm sorry your hurt. Have hubby shine a flashlight in your eyes and make sure your pupils dialate just to make sure you don't have a concussion.

Karen
02-26-2009, 05:27 PM
Yowch! I once bent down to pick something up at a former job, and stood up and slammed my head on an old valve sticking out from a pipe. I hit it so hard, they made me go to the hospital to check for a concussion. I didn't have one, just a big bump and bruise. I chalk that up to one of the benefits of being a fershlugginger hard-headed Swede! But by the time I got back, the maintenance staff had painted it BRIGHT blue - so no one could miss it, and it wouldn't happen again! :)

Sirrahsim
02-26-2009, 05:43 PM
I'm sorry your hurt. Have hubby shine a flashlight in your eyes and make sure your pupils dialate just to make sure you don't have a concussion.

I just did this in the mirror and both pupils dilate normally. Guess I'm just fine.. I wish I FELT just fine:(

Freedom
02-26-2009, 06:03 PM
So, what did your son think of the monkey lesson? Is he going to duplicate it??? :D:D:D

SO sorry about your ouchie, hope you feel better REAL FAST!

Sirrahsim
02-26-2009, 06:10 PM
So, what did your son think of the monkey lesson? Is he going to duplicate it??? :D:D:D

SO sorry about your ouchie, hope you feel better REAL FAST!

He asked me if I was ok, but I think he was more concerned by the fact that "fire fighter Mommy" had to sit down for a while instead of joining him in putting out imaginary fires.

Daisy and Delilah
02-26-2009, 10:29 PM
I'm glad to hear your pupils are dilating normally. Keep an eye on how you feel. If you start feeling strange, head to the hospital!!:eek:

Sirrahsim
02-27-2009, 07:28 AM
holy cow... I had my husband call to wake me up a couple of times through the night just in case. We had it all planned out of who he would call if he couldn't wake me up with the phone. I don't feel strange this morning, but I am SORE. From the top of my head down my neck and back and clear down to my toes:eek: I feel like such a moron.