PDA

View Full Version : Jose got a feel happy shot...can I have one too?

Moesha
02-26-2009, 03:52 PM
I think I've introduced Jose here before. He's one of the kitties that hangs around outside. He has warmed up to people enough that I can pet him while he's eating or out on the deck. I can't walk up to him in the yard though. Most of the time when I see him, he's sitting crouched on the deck waiting to be fed or eating. I'll pet him and talk to him while he and Julie eat. He's all black. Well the other day I saw him in the front of the house, which is a very rare occurrence. He was walking and I noticed something white on his legs. Of course I couldn't get close enough to touch it, so I had to observe at the next couple of feedings. Sure enough, it was a bald spot. The white was his skin showing through. I got home today and he was sleeping on the spa cover with Juliet. I called the vet's office and they said I could bring him in this afternoon after they were done with surgeries. Jose and I go to the vet where I get my first look at his belly also. He has a mohawk down the middle of it. He's licked his fur off both sides of his belly and small spots on his legs. Overgrooming/stress/somethingsomethingalopecia is the technical name the vet used. So he got a depo shot to help him feel happier and home we came. What do these kitties have to be stressed about? :rolleyes:

Vacation, please come soon!

catmandu
02-26-2009, 04:13 PM
Well , if Joses an outdoor Cat , he has to worry about finding food, about figting off other Strays both Dogs and Cats and sometimes Foxes and Coyotes.:eek::eek:
And mean adults and children , and fleas and ear mites.:(:(
We are glad he could get his shot and we pray he has a Furr Ever Home with you very soon.
:love::love::love:

Moesha
02-26-2009, 04:40 PM
Jose has been here for years and hasn't had any stress related problems until recently. He just won't live inside. When he first came he would travel between my house and my brother's. One day he showed up and had what looked to be a twig hanging from his tail. It was his tail. It had been skinned. Off to the vet he went for an amputation. He goes for shots annually. He has a furrever home as long as he wants to stay here, but he just lives outside. He doesn't have to worry about finding food. He knows where to get that at 7 am and 4 pm. Plus, he gets Advantage Multi, so no fleas or ear mite problems either. No mean adults or children out here either. Just us. There is a brown dog that has been walking through the yard lately. Maybe that has caused him stress. I wish I could have gotten a picture of him and Juliet sleeping on the spa the other day. She was draped over his middle like a belt. They slept like that for an hour or more. He loves his Julie Belle.

ETA: Here are a couple of Jose pictures. As you can see, he hasn't had to worry about finding food for a long time. He was 11.5 pounds today.

You can see his stubby tail here:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/schweetmoe/P1040422.jpg

A close up:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/schweetmoe/P1040428.jpg

Medusa
02-27-2009, 06:16 AM
Jose, chill, kiddo! You've got it pretty good! He's beautiful, Moesha. :)