PDA

View Full Version : In honor of her birthday...

MoonandBean
02-26-2009, 10:38 AM
Sunny was born in rescue on 2/22/08. Thanks to the great work of one woman, her mom was pulled from a high kill shelter in Alabama and Sunny and her litter were born in the safety of rescue. They came to PA and NJ along with 200 other pups and were all adopted out via various rescues. The situation down South is tragic. Hundreds of puppies are put to sleep every day in the South. Thousands of adult dogs. Some individuals are making miracles happen every day. Sunny is my little miracle. In honor of her and her life, we made a donation to the rescue that saved her life. We will make that a tradition. If any of you are interested in checking out her lifesaving rescue, here it is: http://www.xpar.org/

God bless the animals :love:

Freedom
02-26-2009, 03:07 PM
Sunny, I did not know (or remember?) all that about your beginnings! What a wonderful birthday tradition your mum has started for you.

Casper
02-26-2009, 07:14 PM
I think that is a really awesome tradition you have started. :) I love it how much Sunny means to you, and I am really glad she was rescued and given a second chance to find you to be such a wonderful owner. And since I missed her birthday, I will say it now...
Happy Late Birthday, Sunny!

I have decided to start a similar tradition in memory of my Frisk-man who went to the RB in October. On his would-have-been birthday (October 29th) of each year I plan on donating to local shelters. I think it is a great way to share the love.

MoonandBean
02-27-2009, 08:57 AM
I think that is a really awesome tradition you have started. :) I love it how much Sunny means to you, and I am really glad she was rescued and given a second chance to find you to be such a wonderful owner. And since I missed her birthday, I will say it now...
Happy Late Birthday, Sunny!

I have decided to start a similar tradition in memory of my Frisk-man who went to the RB in October. On his would-have-been birthday (October 29th) of each year I plan on donating to local shelters. I think it is a great way to share the love.

That's Awesome! :)