PDA

View Full Version : Say hallo, to my little fren....more frenly pics, Post 60.

RICHARD
02-25-2009, 06:31 PM
This is a pic of the stray that stops by for a bit to eat.

I have not been able to get close- I get hissed at!

But, she/he always shows up to lie down on the back porch for me to toss out a handful of kibble.

Maybe one day I can get a little scritch in?

carole
02-25-2009, 07:44 PM
Aww Richard your little visitor is so cute, don't be fooled into thinking that hissing is serious, i remember my Nikki used to hiss at me before i rescued her, she is the biggest lovebug out, it is their defence mechanism, but then you already know that.

Maybe it is time your kitty had a playmate, any chance of that? lol:D

How can you resist those begging sad eyes?????and since kitty is a tortie i would say kitty is probably a girl, how purrfect is that? you can have one of each then.

Karen
02-25-2009, 09:01 PM
What a pretty little tortie! We used to have a tortie in the neighborhood we lived in before we moved here, I used to call her the pizza cat, because whenever I was downstairs waiting for the pizza delivery, she'd appear.

Medusa
02-26-2009, 05:06 AM
Aw, she's so cute but she does look scared. I hope you have success w/her, RICHARD. :)

Barbara
02-26-2009, 06:25 AM
Tortie sure looks like a girl and I don't meant the scaredy eyes. She's so cute and I am sure she'll want to have contact.

catmandu
02-26-2009, 09:49 AM
:love::love: Aww what a Sweet Little tortie she really has such wonderful markings.
And I must ask , whether the edster would make a mentor tothat poor little cat , who i bet will calm down richard once she knows the You and the Edster love her.:love::love:
Take it from me Richard , a little tuna works works wonders.
:):):)

3Catcondo
02-26-2009, 10:00 AM
Richard,
What a cute little fren. :p
I bet one day that kitty will be your lap kat.

cassiesmom
02-26-2009, 10:51 AM
RICHARD, your little fren is very pretty! Bless you for tossing some kibble to her!

GILL
02-26-2009, 10:59 AM
Just keep trying

lvpets2002
02-26-2009, 11:23 AM
:love: Awwee such a Sweetie Pie.. Yes keep trying with lots of patience..

phesina
02-26-2009, 11:32 AM
Oh, Richard, I hope she can begin a California branch of Found Cats!

orangemm
02-26-2009, 01:32 PM
Aww, Richard, wouldn't the Edster like a friend to pal around with?;)

She is a pretty little thing......probably would LOVE to have a furrever home.

RICHARD
02-27-2009, 12:15 PM
This is the sight I get when I walk out the back door, My Fren is laying under a bird cage waiting for a treat!

She looks to be well fed and wanders over from a house adjacent to our back yard- I found that out one day when I was doing some yard work.

I know she goes over to a home on the corner, too! So I can't be sure of where she lives or if she is owned. I know she trips under our house at times but I'd have to try and follow her to see where she hangs out the most.

THere are times I have to be careful when I go out the back door because Ed want to walk out with me - Kitteh is lying there and Ed chases her into the yard. There is no fighting because Ed stops and does his, "DUDE! I am outdoors and what do I do now?" thing and he freezes.

For now I just want nothing to happed to her and welcome her to hang out and be the outdoor kitteh that Ed likes to watch from the window.;)

snowbelle15
02-27-2009, 01:58 PM
Your vistor is so cute! Maybe her and Ed will become friends one day. :D

cassiesmom
02-27-2009, 02:01 PM
I'm sorry your fren's people don't keep her inside :( I'm glad your fren has you and the Edster to keep an eye on her! She's so pretty.

RICHARD
03-02-2009, 01:21 PM
I hope there is no kind of Pet Talk Jinx!:eek::(

I haven't seen My Lil Fren in three days!

I usually get a visit a day.......

--------

It's strange how we get to know and take in the suckers and then they disappear when we post pics about them!

carole
03-02-2009, 03:57 PM
All fingers and paws crossed here for the safety of your little friend.

cassiesmom
03-02-2009, 07:12 PM
Where are you, Fren? Come back!

RICHARD
03-02-2009, 10:13 PM
NO sooner than I post, she came back.

She is very skittish and I have to spend some quality time on the stoop with her!

All is well!:D

cassiesmom
03-03-2009, 08:40 AM
Whew, Fren! I'm glad you are back.

RICHARD
03-09-2009, 04:02 PM
OH OH!

I think my leetle fren maybe having 'smaller frens'!
I looked at her a few days ago and she looks a little plump
thru the middle. She has also taken up running under our house again.
I sure hope she is have problems being 'of size' and not in the motherly way!

I also ran into another cat that I thought I saw once before, but now have seen in twice in the last few days.

It's a cream and white cat with a ringed tail. It's run past me once and I saw the rear end/tail up close......I have to put out my camera to try and catch a good photo!

Karen
03-09-2009, 04:09 PM
Is she feral, or does she belong to a neighbor? Sadly, if she's a stray, it's far more likely she's pregnant than suddenly putting on weight right there.

Randi
03-09-2009, 04:34 PM
She is so cute and she sure appreciates some kibbles - and with a bit of patience she WILL come closer. She looks like Mrs. Spot (Fister's mom) and if she's pregnant, you may look forward to have some little Fister's on your hands. :D

RICHARD
03-10-2009, 02:13 PM
Yes, I am afraid my Leetle Fren is a stray.

She''s way to skittish to be a house cat.:(

Randi.

I think I could get used to having little ones around!:D

Karen
03-10-2009, 02:33 PM
Perhaps its time to put out some higher calorie food for her and the babies, so they are born healthy?

cassiesmom
03-10-2009, 02:43 PM
Richard, have you seen her yet today -- do you think she's with kitten?

carole
03-10-2009, 05:47 PM
Richard you can get some special pet milk that is really good for pregnant cats and nursing mothers, might be a good idea to give her some if you can.

Oh dear this little fren needs to be caught and spayed after the babies ,any chance of doing that?

I know it is a lot to ask, but any chance of that? do they have any trap and release programmes in your area.?

RICHARD
03-12-2009, 10:23 AM
Wow.

I feel like a father....

I would love to catch her! Trust me, she eats as good or better than the Edmeister! (don't tell him that!)

She shows up every afternoon and I am comtemplating a way to trap her!

---------

LOL, With my luck MLF will do an OCTOCAT and I'll be an OCTODAD?

She is a small framed kitteh and I think it won't be a huge litter.

WOW!

Coda'sMommy
03-12-2009, 10:32 AM
Good luck on catching her. I hope she calms down easily for you. She is a very beautiful girl.

Medusa
03-12-2009, 10:50 AM
Wow.

I feel like a father....

I would love to catch her! Trust me, she eats as good or better than the Edmeister! (don't tell him that!)

She shows up every afternoon and I am comtemplating a way to trap her!

---------

LOL, With my luck MLF will do an OCTOCAT and I'll be an OCTODAD?

She is a small framed kitteh and I think it won't be a huge litter.

WOW!

You do know about Have-a-Heart traps, don't you, RICHARD? I think you can get one w/a small deposit from the Humane Society, although I'm not sure. I borrowed one from a friend and trapped a lot of ferals that way. Good luck. You're a good cat dad. :)

carole
03-12-2009, 02:36 PM
Aww you are such a sweetie, good luck with catching her Richard.:):love:

RICHARD
03-12-2009, 04:31 PM
Aww you are such a sweetie, good luck with catching her Richard.:):love:
Don't tell anyone, I still want to be known as a hard arse!:eek::o

orangemm
03-12-2009, 04:50 PM
WE know you are a tough guy, Richard and we won't tell anyone about your soft spot..............:)

This little girl will need a friend just like you in the near future. I'm glad you are there for her.:love:

Coda'sMommy
03-12-2009, 05:00 PM
This little girl will need a friend just like you in the near future. I'm glad you are there for her..

Not to mention the wee ones she is carrying! You are saving them from a horrible life of feral living. Because of you they will never know cold and starvation.

carole
03-12-2009, 08:17 PM
Ha you are not fooling anyone here matey, i know you are just a big softie at heart, again good luck with your little fren.:)

RICHARD
03-17-2009, 06:53 PM
Thanks Carole.....I'll remmeber that!:o

I had two interesting encounters with her.

Yesterday I walked out of my house and she was there within 3 feet of where I was at.

I went back in and grabbed and handful of kibble for her before she ran away.

Today I was weeding the back yard and she JUMPED out of a pile of grass and scared the living poop out of me.

The grass is about a foot high and I saw a huge lizard that I almost hit with my spade.......I was so intent on what grass I was cutting that I never noticed her there!

She's all around the yard and she runs under the house now and again!

And still on the plump side!

:D

carole
03-17-2009, 08:05 PM
Let's face it Richard this wee furbaby has chosen YOU, she is no dummy, she knows a good thing when she see's it, a safe place to have her babies, and maybe even a forever home,if that is at all possible, and if not, someone who will care for her and see her right,what a wise wee girl she is.

:):love:

RICHARD
03-19-2009, 07:18 PM
Two small hands full of kibble = Two feet!!!!!
-----------------------

I was THAT CLOSE to MLF today!

We both had a Mexican (pun intended) standoff. I came out, saw her and went inside to grab her some food.

She let me get about 2 feet away from her. I walked away from her so she would not bolt.....

Close, but no cigar!:D

cassiesmom
03-19-2009, 07:21 PM
Richard, I'm glad your leetle fren is still coming around. Be well, Leetle Fren!

Karen
03-19-2009, 07:34 PM
That's getting closer and closer, good job!

momcat
03-19-2009, 08:05 PM
She's definitely an A1 cutie! You're definitely making progress but please be patient with Fren. There's no way of knowing what she has experienced in her life. Let her learn that she can trust you but it has to happen in her time and on her terms. Keep us updated?

RICHARD
03-20-2009, 09:07 PM
She came to eat this afternoon and I noticed she had some tan specks all over her face.

I thought she had mange or was hurt in a fight!

I looked closer and figured out what she was into!

This afternoon I was putting the finishing touches on a flower bed that I cut out of some really nice redwood posts.

Near the area where I was working there were some spider webs that had caught some of the sawdust.

She had made her way thru the area and picked up the combo across her face. I did laugh at her 'new look' and then was bummed that I couldn't clean her up!:D

I did apologize to her for not clearing up the area!:rolleyes: I don't mess with women and their makeup!

rg_girlca
03-21-2009, 02:01 PM
AAAWWW RICHARD, what a hard arse sweetheart you are.

I pray that you are able to get this little preggo somewhere safe to have her "Little Frens" because she just might have them under the house.
Can you put a little shelter for her outside with some old blankies or towels?
When you are putting food down for her, are you talking softly to her?
I'm glad she is starting to get a little closer to you. Try the next time you put food down to just stay there for a few minutes in a crouched position and see what she does. If she looks like she is going to bolt then just slowly walk away, if not and she comes to eat, then stay for a few minutes talking to her.

I almost spat my tea out when I read how see jumped out of the tall grass and scared the poop out of you. I can just picture it. LOL!!!!!!

Good luck with the precious girl and prayers on the way that there will be a good outcome to this.

RICHARD
03-21-2009, 03:20 PM
I almost spat my tea out when I read how see jumped out of the tall grass and scared the poop out of you. I can just picture it. LOL!!!!!!

Good luck with the precious girl and prayers on the way that there will be a good outcome to this.

Yes, I talk to her softly and have spent some time on the porch steps watching her. she always does the kitty crouch. She gets low on her front legs and we stare it out!

I noticed that if I make a sudden move or raise my hands over my shoulders she bolts, that leads me to believe that people have thrown stuff at her.

I am comtemplating my next measured moves.

I am not sure about getting her in a cage yet.....she does seem to have the 'cat intuition' she can sense I am up to something!:eek:

Karen
03-21-2009, 03:58 PM
How about just setting the cat carrier out, first just on the porch so she can get used to it, and then move it closer and closer to where you toss the food ... so she associates it with good things. Put a nice soft blankie or towel in there, so if she goes inside when you're not around, it will get her "scent" on it ...

We are pulling for you and your "little fren" both!

Randi
03-21-2009, 04:27 PM
Seems you're doing a good job there :) and patience is what it takes. I'm not surprized she's pregnant and now that she trusts you, she will most likely give birth around your house.

Any chance you build a little house for her and put in a secluded place where she would feel safe? Some old blankets/towels inside would make a perfect "home" for now. :)

We build some houses for the strays years ago, to begin with, it was polystyrene boxes we taped together and coverved with thick plastic, but they moved in immediately. :D

I digged up some old pictures of the house Pjevs had in his recent years - you being the handy man you are, you could probably build one yourself.

I know people would most likely have you committed if they saw it, but have you tried laying down near her with treats in your hand? That way, she would feel safer.

Good luck!

cassiesmom
03-24-2009, 07:27 PM
Richard, how is your Leetle Fren? Is she still visiting you?

Thanks,
Elyse

RICHARD
03-25-2009, 12:32 PM
Richard, how is your Leetle Fren? Is she still visiting you?

Thanks,
Elyse

She has been gone for the last two days....I know Ed must see her because he does his 'walk' when he sits in the one window and goes to the other side of the house to catch up on who he spies....

I run to the window with him but do not see anything.:eek:

I do have my eyes peeled and am always alert!

I'll post when I see something!

RICHARD
03-27-2009, 02:38 PM
She came back yesterday, looking a little slimmer!:eek::confused:

When I approached her she ran away.....I waited for a second and went to my house......as I made it across to the porch I saw her in the back yard right in the middle! She never travels that route so I was surprised!

She saw me and ran to the driveway where I feed her. I met her there and tossed out a handful of foos and sat down for a little chat-I asked her if she was preggers and she just hunkered down and we stared at each other for a good 10 minutes!

I talked, she listened, but not even the handful of food between us would get her any closer.;)

I got up and went inside and as soon as I did she got up and ate her snack....

Gosh, I am dying to figure out where she goes and if she really did have a litter!:eek:

Husky_mom
03-27-2009, 03:04 PM
hoping that if she did have littler frends.. you can be able to spot them...

...still following the adventure... just as nervous as you....

cassiesmom
03-28-2009, 01:49 PM
Fren, if you did have fren-lets... please show Richard where they are, okay? I'm glad you stuck around for 10 minutes and let him take a good look at you.

RICHARD
03-30-2009, 02:11 PM
I think I am starting to attract the neighborhood kittehs!

I was in the garden of the back yard when out of the corner of my eye I was a black shape moving across the block wall, I flinched and when I saw it wasn't coming at me I saw a medium size black cat walk across the top.

I went to the corner of the yard and sat down to watch me. I set out a handful of dry food for it and when I went to check this morning it was gone!

This is way too much fun!:D

RICHARD
04-14-2009, 01:43 PM
One step forward?

MLF disappeared for a while. Ms. Kitty, my other friend showed up on the roof of the house. I am tall enough to get a scritch in and place a small cup of food up for her! It was nice to see her again.

MLF came back and was really skittish.

She ran away from me almost every time I have seen her. I came out of the door to my house and we almost collided on one day last week. I think we were both a little scared!

I also was letting Edward walk back home with me one day- I opened the door, Ed bounded out and MLF was laying on the porch, saw him and raced away. Ed jumps out the door and stands there but missed the chase this time.:eek:

I think my cleaning up of the tall grasses and old lumber in the back yard has
robbed her of her preferred way to sneak up to the house.

I did apologize to her for that and tried to make it up to her with more treats than normal.

She should be around for her P.M. visit soon!

cassiesmom
04-14-2009, 08:44 PM
I think I am starting to attract the neighborhood kittehs!

I was in the garden of the back yard when out of the corner of my eye I was a black shape moving across the block wall, I flinched and when I saw it wasn't coming at me I saw a medium size black cat walk across the top.

I went to the corner of the yard and sat down to watch me. I set out a handful of dry food for it and when I went to check this morning it was gone!

This is way too much fun!:D

Oh oh, Found Cats' Hotel West?

RICHARD
04-15-2009, 12:09 PM
Oh oh, Found Cats' Hotel West?

Oh Shiat!:D;):eek:

It's been windy out here lately.

I was at my house yesterday -I am splitting time between my mom's house and mine- And I left the front door open to air out the place.

I didn't latch the screen door and during the night it blew open. This monring I saw it and went to close it!

When I looked down there was ANOTHER one of the neighborhood frens asleep on my recliner, which is next to the door.

It freaked ran farther into the house, until I gently chased him out into the yard!

I had to laugh and did feel sorry for the poor kitteh, I interrupted a nice cat nap!

Karen
04-15-2009, 12:39 PM
Oh, Richard, you meanie - interrupting a nice nap for the poor kitty!

I fear you've gotten yourself a reputation amongst the feline population! Little did your late GF know what she started when she gave you the Edster! Bet she's smiling!

RICHARD
04-17-2009, 11:08 PM
I was cutting wood this afternoon when the same cat came FLYING out of the garage and gave me a start.

Payback?

We are even now!:D

cassiesmom
04-18-2009, 07:55 PM
So your Leetle Fren isn't preggers, then? How smart of Recliner Kitteh to make himself at home... what did the Edster think?

RICHARD
05-26-2009, 06:25 PM
This is Ms. Kitty!

There are two more cats that have come out to visit-A solid blackie and the cat that is very skeerd and I have to be really quiet to catch...it's like a shadow!

RICHARD
06-02-2009, 08:06 PM
my growing brood!

RICHARD
06-03-2009, 11:44 PM
from left to right?

Ms Kitty,the little yellow cat and the Calico

Ms, K and the LYC and the markings on the Calico.

I have to come up with names for them!

They won't let me get near them, but I found out the little one is the Calico's baby, I caught it nursing off her today!

RICHARD
06-05-2009, 12:28 PM
I have a problem...

When my brother had his dogs here, they would knock things over and come and bump the screen door in the front.

Now that the dogs are gone and sudden noises around the house are subject to investigation. God only knows what may be lurking outside!:rolleyes:;)

Last night there was a noise, sounded like someone was knocking stuff around on the porch. I climbed on to the couch and peeked outside the window.

There was the Little Orange Kitty, jumping around on the bench. He was obviously enjoying a little after-hours mischief, at my expense.

He stopped, looked up at my ugly mug, and took off running - in the bounding crazy kitten way.

Now I know why the Edster loves to jump around and do his window patrol in the evenings.

He's watching out for Juvenile Miscreants!:D

Laura's Babies
06-05-2009, 08:32 PM
Hummm... at least you don't have as many as I do coming for dinner. :rolleyes: That one looks like you are making fast friends with it that you can hold it's face up for pictures....

It is just so sad that there are so many beautiful babies out there without homes and so few of us that care!

RICHARD
06-10-2009, 04:12 PM
I GOT TO TOUCH THE ADULT CALICO CAT and it only cost me 40 cents.:D

Ed put his nose up at a bowl of food, so I took a can of the stuff and put it out for my frens.....

The calico kitty got so close I was able to reach out and brush my fingertips against her coat!

Dude, I am stoked!:D

RICHARD
06-22-2009, 02:35 PM
Last night I had a dinner of fish and veggies, I was by myself and took my food out on the porch.

My calico fren is way friendlier now and I almost got the little yellow kitteh in my hands, yeah, i did tempt them closer with fish!

I have to remember to keep my camera handy for next time!:D

catmandu
06-22-2009, 04:27 PM
Aww , thats how they set thier trap Richard, first its a can of food , and then that Calico Cutie has you bringing your dinner out to her.
Pretty soon she will be indoors with the Edster eating off your fine dishes as you bring her home sushi!!!
Thats how multi Cat households start, Scrappy 2 and Tubster Panther explained that I chased them until they caught me!!!
:love::love::love:

katladyd
06-22-2009, 06:03 PM
Yep, that's how they work all right!

RICHARD
07-05-2009, 09:55 PM
I am closer to getting MY paws on the clan and taking them in.

I toss out kibble and get an audience. I have made some in roads with the girls, the boys are way too skittish to be approached.

I have touched the Little Yellow Kitteh-She runs when she hears any sound, but things are getting better, especially when "fud" is involved!

RICHARD
07-31-2009, 06:42 PM
EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

I was 'bit' by my Little Yellow Kitty fren today!

MY sis took me out for lunch today and she left some chikin from the local Chinese food shop in her carton.

I set it aside for my little frens......
I took out the leftovers and sat on the back steps.

I tossed some on the floor and one of my frens took a piece and ran off- The LYK began to cry looking for her share. I tossed out another piece and she picked it up and ran away.

As more pieces were tossed out, the closer they both came to where I was sitting.....I took a piece and tried to get the LYK to take it out of my hands!

No dice.:(

I did stick out my fingers that were covered with sauce and the kitteh came up and licked my fingers! The next piece got scarfed down, so I held my fingers out and she came up and nipped me! It did not hurt, but I was surprised she was that daring.

I also tossed out some chow mein noodles, just for giggles and soon enough, those were getting 'recycled'.

I m thrilled that I have made so much progress with them....

I wonder if it's also about the soap bubbles we play with in the afternoons?:D

I'll have to remember my camera next time!:D

DUDE, I am stoked!

cassiesmom
07-31-2009, 09:45 PM
So there are two frens, LYK and Calico Fren? Good job, frens; chikin from the Chinese take-away is a very special treat at my house :) and I am so happy that it was for you as well!

mrspunkysmom
07-31-2009, 09:51 PM
Seems like the little kitteh frens have you trained well.

You are doing a good thing.

Can't wait to see them relaxing with you in the evenings.

RICHARD
07-31-2009, 11:36 PM
There is Ms Kitty, A calico, all black cat and the LYK!

I can see they all have their different purrsonalities.

------------

The Alll Black Cat is a male that defends the area nicely.
I am afraid that he will get into a cat fight and get hurt, I have noticed he has tufts of hair missing on his back because of the scuffles he gets into!

-------------

Oh,

Yesterday was a long day, so my sibs bought lunch and we had cheezeburgers and fries on the porch. Because it was a long day, we gathered up all the trash and put it into a small box.

All last night the LYK and the ABC were climbing around and kncoking stuff over,

It turns out they got into the box, dragged out the Cheezeburger wrappers. They shredded the tissue the food was wrapped in and licked it all clean.

You'd think they were starving, Burgers, regular cat fud and Chinese tonight.

I may have created monsters!

Laura's Babies
08-01-2009, 08:16 AM
I am watching this with great amusement. They are trapping YOU! They are working on YOU! They are probably dumped unwanted pets and know how to work hoomans.

I strongly urge you to get Mrs. Kitty fixed before she brings you more kittens and if the LYK is female, get her fixed before she breeds..

RICHARD
08-01-2009, 10:04 AM
I am watching this with great amusement. They are trapping YOU! They are working on YOU! They are probably dumped unwanted pets and know how to work hoomans.

I strongly urge you to get Mrs. Kitty fixed before she brings you more kittens and if the LYK is female, get her fixed before she breeds..

IN the process of!

I know I am being played. What they do not know is they are working their way to an appt with the vet!

It's a good trade off!

-------------------------

Last night,
The LYK was second in the chow line. She has some lungs on her. She mewed up a storm. I never thought such a strong voice could come out of a small kitteh!:D

Laura's Babies
08-01-2009, 03:44 PM
Those little ones have some very loud vocal cords, sharp little claws and teeth.... but you already fond that out, right?

RICHARD
08-02-2009, 05:52 PM
Those little ones have some very loud vocal cords, sharp little claws and teeth.... but you already fond that out, right?

It wasn't a bite, bite.:D

Today I sat on the porch and shared cold hotdogs with my frens and I can now hand feed the LYK!

This is the greatest.:D

Logan
08-02-2009, 06:17 PM
Gosh, Richard, this is fun (except for the nipping/biting stuff). :)

RICHARD
08-02-2009, 07:30 PM
Gosh, Richard, this is fun (except for the nipping/biting stuff). :)

It was not a bite/nip!

It was more a 'Damn, this morsel is way too big for my mouth!"

There was no chomping or 'shark biting' involved. :eek:

We are getting to a point where we are sizing each other up. I probably outweigh this cat by 240 pounds.:eek::rolleyes:

Something has to give.:D

cassiesmom
08-02-2009, 08:12 PM
It wasn't a bite, bite.:D

Today I sat on the porch and shared cold hotdogs with my frens and I can now hand feed the LYK!

This is the greatest.:D

LYK, I'd like you and your frens to please try to stay close to the porch. Please don't go into the street. I don't want anything happening to you.

RICHARD
08-02-2009, 09:57 PM
LYK, I'd like you and your frens to please try to stay close to the porch. Please don't go into the street. I don't want anything happening to you.
Psst,

They have little nests under an old truck in the driveway.:D

katladyd
08-03-2009, 12:32 AM
Edster needs some siblings. Right?:)

RICHARD
08-03-2009, 11:20 AM
Edster needs some siblings. Right?:)

Working on it!:)

katladyd
08-03-2009, 03:39 PM
Keep on working! These kitties could find no better home! Do you think Ed would be willing to share the fan?:D

RICHARD
08-08-2009, 02:22 PM
My little fren ain't so frenly!!!!:eek::D

For a treat a take out a cup of kibble and toss pieces on the on the floor to entice my 'clan' into getting closer!

I have the LYK and the calico trained so that when they hear the back door open, they run-screaming'- to see what I have in my hands!

Yesterday I saw my Fren- I got her to within arm's reach of my chair....I reached s-l-o-w-l-y out to see if I could touch her......

She swatted my hand! She didn't extend her claws, but I did feel the nails on my skin!

I backed off and got a piece of news paper to see if she'd react to that!

She swatted the paper too!

I laughed and thought that maybe my conquest of handling her may be a little lofty!

I still have hope! Progress is good for the LYK-She will get named by next weekend.....She follows me around when I go to do my yard chores!

Other than that? All is well with the clan.

:D

rg_girlca
08-09-2009, 10:15 PM
What adorable little friends you have there RICHARD. How cute that must be to see LYK following you around the yard. I can't wait to read how things will turn out in the end.

RICHARD
08-09-2009, 11:14 PM
What adorable little friends you have there RICHARD. How cute that must be to see LYK following you around the yard. I can't wait to read how things will turn out in the end.

Today I got me some LYK cheek.:cool::D

She's starting to let me touch her......I got to reach out and scritch on her cheek twice!:D

katladyd
08-10-2009, 12:34 AM
I am anxiously awaiting the post where she decides to let you actually pet and hold her. It will come, she sounds like she'd like some human companionship and kindness!:)

RICHARD
08-10-2009, 12:39 AM
I am anxiously awaiting the post where she decides to let you actually pet and hold her. It will come, she sounds like she'd like some human companionship and kindness!:)

She can get that someplace else! I am looking for conquests!:eek:;)

RICHARD
08-14-2009, 02:12 PM
Every day I go out to water I laugh more and more.

Ms. Kitty shows up and when she sees me she picks up the pace to get by my side.

The name of the Little Yellow Kitty is Toonces. Named after the Saturday Night Live cat that was in some of the funniest skits in their history.

Why?
One day I walked out to the patio and unexpectedly cornered her! I took a step to the side to let her pass and as she raced by, she crashed into a cardboard box. It was a no harm/no foul kind of crash, but I had to giggle because I really mean her no harm- she is just way too skittish.;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQkL9LpvKl0

----------

I still have to ruminate about the calico's name!:D

--------------

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL....

Just got me some Toonces right now!
I was moving stuff around in the backyard and saw her running about.

I stopped, looked at her, then proclaimed that her name is now TOONCES and went in to grab a cup of kibble.

I sit on the back stoop and talk to the kittehs while I toss out bit of food for them.....I kept up with the putting my hand out and trying to get them used to my being around and touching them.:eek::D

To my surprise I got to love on the her and even got a little bit of the elevator butt.

IT was better than I expected......I have to get my camera ready-just to brag a little!

A great day!!!!:cool:

RICHARD
08-15-2009, 02:41 PM
It seems like my little Toonces is a boy.

I never really checked out a cat's rear end.:rolleyes:

Yesterday,
I managed to scratch, love on and almost pick up the little turd.....
Toonces has bits!

I had to laugh, because that answered some of my questions.

I never really paid attention to WHO he was, I took it he was a she....
I was thinking about who will go get fixed first! I think Ms. Kitty is first and then My Little Fren..........

The boys can wait a little bit longer!

cassiesmom
08-16-2009, 09:21 PM
DUDE!!!!!!!!!!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL....

Just got me some Toonces right now!
I was moving stuff around in the backyard and saw her running about.

I stopped, looked at her, then proclaimed that her name is now TOONCES and went in to grab a cup of kibble.

I sit on the back stoop and talk to the kittehs while I toss out bit of food for them.....I kept up with the putting my hand out and trying to get them used to my being around and touching them.:eek::D

To my surprise I got to love on the her and even got a little bit of the elevator butt.

IT was better than I expected......I have to get my camera ready-just to brag a little!

A great day!!!!:cool:

Yay, Toonces and Richard!

RICHARD
08-18-2009, 12:50 PM
Yay, Toonces and Richard!

I haven't seen him for three days now.....I know he travels the area, but I would like it that he stayed closer to home!!!!!!

Watch, I'll go out doors and he'll show up!:D