PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday to Quinn (a little late)

AdoreMyDogs
02-25-2009, 03:01 PM
Quinn's a big 2 year old now, I can't believe it. She turned 2 on Saturday and what a party she had :rolleyes: .

Her party was a total and complete disaster. I sent some photos and a story about it to friends/family through email, but I'll copy and paste the email here so you all can read about our disaster of a 2nd birthday party hehe.

Hi everyone! I'm a big girl who is 2 big years old now. Can you believe that 2 years ago mommy was scared to death about having a baby and then she saw me the first time and her heart filled with pride and love. She DID it, she had a baby, and that baby was ME! I'm big now and I'm almost ready to be a big sister, but first I had to turn 2 years old so I just went ahead and did that today.

Let me tell you about my birthday. It's a good story so you should keep reading before you skip to the photos. Well first of all, Mommy and Daddy tried to reserve this place called "Jump For Joy" because they didn't want to have an outdoor party just in case it was terrible weather, but Jump For Joy was booked far in advance so they couldn't have my party there. Well there's not a whole lot of other choices for a 2 year old here in this town, so they felt they had little choice then to have it at a park. So they rented the pavilion at a cute park called Lucy Land. They invited all my friends and family. They kept an eye on the weather as the time got closer. It looked gorgeous for every single day for a month straight....EXCEPT my birthday, but they had already handed out all my party invites and so they decided to just go ahead and say a little thing or two to Mother Nature for ruining the only day in a whole month that my outdoor party was planned for.

Every day before my party was in the 70's and sunny. Every day AFTER my party is in the 70's and sunny. The day of my party was high 49 with 40 mph wind.....yes I said 40 mph winds.

Ok anyway, Daddy went to the park a couple hours early to set up the grill and start cooking the food so it would be ready when my guests started arriving. Mommy was at home trying to get me to nap, which I was NOT letting happen. Hey it's my birthday and I don't wanna nap, so guess what....I'm NOT napping, no matter how hard mommy tries. Mommy called Daddy to see how everything was going, stressed out because her big 2 year old decided a nap was not in the agenda for the day, and Daddy was in a panic....a major panic! He was huffing and puffing and told her that an ember from the grill flew out of the grill (from 40 mph winds) and lit the park on fire. He hung up on Mommy after he said "Honey I've got to call 9-1-1, I lit the park on fire, I melted my brand new shoes and I've got blisters on my feet"

So 10 minutes later Mommy called Daddy, in a panic, this was 1/2 hour before my party was due to start and Daddy said "Sorry hunny, the party's canceled...no party"......um......Mommy started crying because we HAD to have a party. We planned this, bought all the party stuff, had friends and family (many of which we had no phone number in which to contact) were on the way...we HAD to have this party. Daddy told Mommy that the fire department had to come and put out the fire Daddy started and told him that there's a "NO BURN" law in effect and if they weren't nice and understanding, Daddy would have been fined or even worse. So one of the nice fire marshals asked Daddy if he wanted to explain stuff to Mommy because he could tell Daddy was talking to a very, very sad Mommy. Mommy got on the phone with the fire marshal who told her that Daddy should not have tried cooking, that there was a "red flag" warning and that he darn well could have burnt the entire park down had he not started throwing sand on the fire to prevent it from spreading before the fire dept got there. Mommy, barely able to breath through her sobs, asked the nice fire marshal if we had to cancel the party and the nice marshal said "No ma'am, you don't have to cancel your party, you just can't cook out here" Mommy was relieved that we didn't have cancel the party and so felt better and told Daddy to resume the party as normal, we would just not cook the burgers and hotdogs we had bought.

So we ended up going to McDonalds on the way to the party (thank you so much, Nana, we LOVE YOU!!!) and buy 35 double cheeseburgers and then Mommy's dear friends Amanda and Joel (thank you Amanda and Joel...WE LOVE YOU!!!!) brought a few pizzas and we tried to eat and party but with 49 degree temperatures and 40 mph winds, it's hard to enjoy yourself, everyone froze near to death. It was horrible. My friends and family were all huddled in a little ball trying to keep warm and the outside people were getting hit by the 40 mph winds, while the inside people were feeling guilty for being on the inside of the ball and then my Nana had the wonderful idea to invite everyone to her house to resume the party. So everyone gladly jumped at that opportunity....we all followed Nana's car to her house and we had a lovely remainder of a party! It was warm and it was fun. We ended up having a great time and now Mommy, Daddy, and all my friends and family will have a fun story to tell me when I'm older and I can appreciate it.

So...that's my birthday story. Are you glad you stuck with it instead of just scrolling to the pictures? I bet you are. Mommy will go back to the park tomorrow to take photos of the park that Daddy burnt. Her camera was in a bag and she was too cold to leave the circle of friends and family to dig through the bags and find it, so she didn't get any burnt park photos. Hopefully tomorrow we'll go to the park to play and Mommy will remember her camera to snap some photos of the burn.

I love you all and hope you all are doing well. I also wanted to thank all my friends and family who were able to come to the park to celebrate me, despite the horrible weather. You're all great friends and family and I'm glad to have you, even the ones I missed seeing today. "

Photos to follow

AdoreMyDogs
02-25-2009, 03:18 PM
Here are some photos. Unfortunately I didn't make it back to the park to get the photos of the burn.

AdoreMyDogs
02-25-2009, 03:24 PM
Quinn blew out her candle. It was really cute and a real surprise. She blows on lighs and food and other items she knows are "hot" and she knew this candle was hot, so she blew it out. I didn't get a photo of her blowing it out, but you can see her smile afterwords, when everyone started cheering.

And lastly, I can't believe I'm posting this, but there's a belly pic in the mix. You can see I'm a house. We really think this one is coming pretty soon.

sparks19
02-25-2009, 03:34 PM
awwww. what a story. I would have been bawling my eyes out if I were you too.

I can't believe Quinn is such a big girl now... and I can't believe you are already nearing the end of your pregnancy :o

Great pictures.... and you're right... you are goign to love to tell this story later lol.

Taz_Zoee
02-25-2009, 03:43 PM
OMG, I was almost crying while I read this story. I can't imagine what you and Daddy went through.

I'm glad the party ended on a good note. The pictures show a happy birthday girl.

Happy Birthday Quinn!! :)

prechrswife
02-25-2009, 03:46 PM
That's definitely a story for the memory books. No one will forget Quinn's 2nd birthday anytime soon! The pictures are adorable.

Can't wait to see pictures of Quinn with her baby brother, too! You really are getting close...

beeniesmom
02-25-2009, 04:39 PM
Oooh, we are so sorry about what happened.
On a better note, your cake looked really yummy and pretty.
Happy Belated Birthday Quinn!
You will have a better one next year.
Beenie and Frankie

ramanth
02-25-2009, 06:22 PM
OMG! What a day! I'm so glad that Quinn's birthday could be salvaged and that your hubby didn't get in too much trouble with the FD.

Happy Birthday Quinn!

chocolatepuppy
02-25-2009, 08:00 PM
Happy Birthday Quinn!
My what an exciting birthday you had! I'm glad it all turned out in the end. :D

finn's mom
02-25-2009, 08:05 PM
She is just gorgeous! Happy Birthday, you beautiful girl! I hope her third birthday party is a little less "interesting!"

Cookiebaker
02-25-2009, 08:29 PM
Happy Birthday, pretty Girl! I am SO sorry about her party, and would have been devastated too. But it looks like she had a really good time, the cake is gorgeous, and you look wonderful! Can you believe that our little itty bitty babies are two already?? its CRAZY! :)

Daisy and Delilah
02-25-2009, 10:24 PM
I was almost in tears reading it too. What a day. Bless both of you for trying so hard to give Quinn a great party. I love the determination in this story. No matter how bad the weather was, you two were throwing a party for your beautiful little angel. It seems impossible now but some day you'll look back and laugh at this.

Bravo to those that helped move the party and supply extra food. I was shaking to think a group of people would just come to my house on the spur of the moment. I don't love housekeeping that much.:rolleyes: Such troopers!!!

The cake is gorgeous. We can all see where Quinn gets her good looks. From her Mom!! You look radiant and Quinn is the cutest little patootie on the planet.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY QUINN!!!!!:)

I almost forgot: That is a great idea to write the email like that, as if Quinn is speaking. I love it!!

Karen
02-25-2009, 10:39 PM
Dear Leslie - don't ever move here if you want predictable weather! :) I am glad everything turned out okay, and she had a party everyone will remember for a long time. If there's any leftover cake, maybe Quinn should take a piece to the fire guys as a thanks!

4 Dog Mother
02-26-2009, 10:26 AM
Oh, my goodness, Leslie! I am not sure what I thought it was that nearly ruined the party but a fire was not it! That would upset anyone but someone so far long in a pregnancy..... It's a wonder even with others help that you were able to pull yourself and everything else together to have food for or move the part elsewhere. Nana does deserve a huge thank you for letting the part to be moved to her house.

Happy belated birthday beautiful little Quinn! It is hard to realize that you are already 2! It seems like only yesterday when your mommy told us she was having a baby!

Pembroke_Corgi
02-26-2009, 01:46 PM
Happy 2nd birthday, Quinn! I'm sorry your party didn't turn out the way it was planned, but I'm glad you still had a fun birthday. You look like such a big girl, and so cute! :)

cassiesmom
02-26-2009, 02:14 PM
Oh my goodness, Miss Quinn! Your daddy will always remember the adventure he had on your second birthday. I'm glad he was all right! :)

And one more thing -- Happy Second Birthday to YOU!

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-26-2009, 03:30 PM
Hppay 2nd birthday lovely Quinn!! I bet you cannot wait till your little brother will be born!!:)

AdoreMyDogs
02-26-2009, 04:59 PM
Thanks, everyone. I had fun telling you about our crazy day, glad you enjoyed reading about it :) Yes it will be a birthday we'll never forget hehe.

sabies
02-28-2009, 01:13 AM
Happy Birthday Quinn! I'm sure she didn't mind that her party didn't go as planned.

ramanth
03-01-2009, 06:42 PM
Any park pics? :)