PDA

View Full Version : Pigs aren't really that smart.

RICHARD
02-25-2009, 02:34 PM
Pig burns down house

A pet pig saved its own bacon by jumping in the bath after it burned its owner's house down in Sweden.

The Vietnamese pot bellied porker had knocked over a table lamp setting fire to curtains and was trapped in the house in Lulea.

But as firefighters searched the property they discovered the terrified, singed pig cowering in the bath.

Fireman Peter Frykman said: "We initially thought it was arson as no-one was home but then we found the scorched but still alive pig and the broken lamp and realised what had happened."

-----------------------

If this pig was smart enough to dive into the tub....why didn't he call the fire department?

Karen
02-25-2009, 03:07 PM
If this pig was smart enough to dive into the tub....why didn't he call the fire department?

Did you ever try to dial a phone with cloven hooves or with yer nose?

Poor piggie!

smokey the elder
02-25-2009, 03:13 PM
He was smart enough to get into the tub!

RICHARD
02-25-2009, 05:09 PM
Did you ever try to dial a phone with cloven hooves or with yer nose?

Poor piggie!

LOL, or my curly tail!:D

ramanth
02-25-2009, 05:59 PM
Glad the piggie is okay!

K9karen
02-25-2009, 11:24 PM
Cooked pork, poor thing! Glad it wound up OK.

Marigold2
02-25-2009, 11:34 PM
LOL glad piggy is not cooked.

IRescue452
02-26-2009, 12:06 AM
Nobody was home but the table lamp was on? The pig must have been trying to inform them they forgot. Smart pig. Bet they won't forget again.

blue
02-26-2009, 12:21 AM
Did the place smell like bacon?

lvpets2002
02-26-2009, 11:21 AM
Did the place smell like bacon?

:p UUMMPPSS LOL == I would say the pig was pretty smart.. Glad the wittle Onker is ok..

Bonny
02-27-2009, 09:26 AM
I use to be a herdsmen & raised farm to market pigs for a good 20 years. My sows (the girls) were the smartest of animals, smarter then a dog even. They would turn the water on open the grainery doors & help themselves. They had toys to play with tires which they would sometimes stack. Everyone got a fresh egg (a day) when they were in crates with their babies as a treat & would open their mouths when I came around with their egg. They would poop in one corner which made it easy to clean up after them when they were out for their exercise. They knew where their crate was when coming back into the barn after their exercise outdoors. They were very clean when outdoors they would take showers under the sprinklers set up for them to clean up & cool down if the weather was hot. There was a huge Yorkshire boar Jimmy that had a very bad inner ear infection & the veterinary said it would enter his brain & eventually do Jimmy in. He was given meds., but I brushed him, fed him baby pig milk replacer, cut him fresh alfalfa. He was grateful & lived. He would followed me around like a big old puppy dog. Pigs are the smartest of all animals from their turned up snouts down to their curly tails. ;)