PDA

View Full Version : Isis

Andie
09-21-2002, 12:11 PM
I have a new kitty (well I Don't actually have her yet, I'll get her when we get our own (Dustin and me) house) She's the daughter of the cat that attacked me and Bull (hopefully she won't be like her momma) and she's about six weeks old with the bluest eyes I've ever seen on a cat. She's already fell in love with Dustin yesterday! Hopefully her and Bull Boy will get along. Guess we'll find that out when we all move in together! If you can't tell we already named her Isis.

One more thing:

We are thinking about having her declawed, any pros and cons of this. My Mom had our cat Fluffy declawed but other than that I know nothing about it.

Rottieluver45
09-21-2002, 12:58 PM
Congrats!!! PICTURES!! I LOVE PICTURES!!!!

Andie
09-21-2002, 01:05 PM
I haven't thought to take any pics of her yet I guess I'll have to do that soon.

Rottieluver45
09-21-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Andie
I haven't thought to take any pics of her yet I guess I'll have to do that soon.

WOW,That`s a good idea!! :D

Uabassoon
09-21-2002, 01:27 PM
Here's what some people here have to say about it. declawing (http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5739&highlight=declawing)

toughCookie
09-21-2002, 03:53 PM
I will have to read up on declawing too, because it is so hard to do these cats claws! I have never considered it before but, I don't know, I have heard it hurts them for weeks... so I really have to think about this, I might just get a professional groomer to do the claw trimming, for Emma and Louise anyway. I can handle Muffin and the kittens(for now anyway)

LOL Charlie growls at me when I trim his claws!! oh no, scary! he's going to get me LOL:D :D

Tina
09-21-2002, 06:42 PM
Congrats on your new kitty!!! Can't wait to see pictures!!

Andie
09-21-2002, 08:05 PM
Isis pic

krazyaboutkatz
09-21-2002, 08:30 PM
Congrats on your new kitten. She looks so sweet. :)

Andie
09-21-2002, 08:36 PM
Sorry the pic isnt that great but she really didn't like the camera. I'll try to get some better pic of her soon.

AmberLee
09-21-2002, 09:15 PM
Isis is such a sweet looking baby. I look forward to seeing more photos soon.

Andie
09-25-2002, 01:36 PM
She is sitting on my chest looking at something I'm sure is quite interesting on the ceiling as I type this. My aunt said that her kids were getting too attached to her. So my other aunt said she'd keep her since she has one of her sisters. I've learned that she doesn't like being left alone. (I had her babygated in my room cuz Fluffy wasn't the kindest hostess) and that she loves to sit on your chest or shoulder. Well at the momentI have a kitten trying to climb up my nose cuz I'm not showing her any attention.

Uabassoon
09-25-2002, 01:40 PM
She looks soooooo cute.

yumyum6970
09-25-2002, 02:20 PM
congrats she looks so tiny and cute!

NoahsMommy
09-25-2002, 02:28 PM
She's a cutie!! Her name drew me to this thread....I am learning about the Egyptian gods in my Art History class this semester. Is that who you named her after?

About the declawing...I am firmly against unless it's between the cat having a home or not. There are so, so many ways to prevent furnature scratching. That thread above will explain about Soft Paws...something that is highly popular here (I need to get them too!), nail clipping, etc. I've even seen a ton of aides in cat magazines on how to clip their nails at home. Plus...a scratching post and a simple, loud "NO" can stop most behavior.

Take care! It was great to meet little Isis. I couldn't quite tell from the picture, what color is she? Is she a tabby? She's VERY cute. :)

Andie
09-25-2002, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
She's a cutie!! Her name drew me to this thread....I am learning about the Egyptian gods in my Art History class this semester. Is that who you named her after?

Take care! It was great to meet little Isis. I couldn't quite tell from the picture, what color is she? Is she a tabby? She's VERY cute. :)

Yeah that's where I got her name. I was always interested in Egypt in high school.

We don't know what type she is my aunt has, since Isis's great-grandma, kept one from every litter and most of the time they are outside. So we never see the males. Her great-grandma was a Siemese but that is the last we know.

NoahsMommy
09-25-2002, 03:07 PM
Well, you picked a good one. :)

Enjoy her! :D