PDA

View Full Version : What to do with leftover Rossetti chicken?

M&M's Mommy
02-24-2009, 03:51 PM
My mom bought two Rossetti chickens from Costco for a party that was cancelled, so she brought them home... TWO huge chicken for 4 people were way too much, so now we're trying to figure out what to do with all the left over..

Any ideas/receipe you can share?

Husky_mom
02-24-2009, 04:15 PM
I see three starved pups making sad eyes at you right now... LOL

you can make some "flutes" we call them... rolled tortilla and fried with chicken inside.. then you can have some cheese or sauce or guacamole on them

make a rice soup and add the chicken to it...

have the chicken on some bread and add lemon pepper, lettuce and eat...

caseysmom
02-24-2009, 04:43 PM
fajitas, soup, chicken salad sandwiches...freeze some....doggies....I could go on and on....

Laura's Babies
02-24-2009, 05:29 PM
GUMBO!!!! That would scream a pot of Gumbo to me... (with one)

Chicken salad with the other....

smokey the elder
02-25-2009, 03:23 PM
Enchiladas, fajitas, soup fixin's, chicken quesadillas (can you tell I like Mexican food?):D

Medusa
02-25-2009, 05:30 PM
Chicken salad w/apples and walnuts (I don't like apples but they're good in chicken salad) and/or chicken rice soup. Of course, all furkids get some chicken. :p

ramanth
02-25-2009, 06:00 PM
I'm hungry now.. thanks guys! :p :D

K9karen
02-25-2009, 11:21 PM
Ah ha! I bought 2 rotesserie chickens at Sam's Club (@ $3.99 each..yay..sale!) and I saw an Oprah segment where this cook had recipes especially for rotesserie chickens.

So..I ripped them suckers apart and made chicken enchiladas. Easy, fast and yummy in the tummy. Oh, I invited some friends over to help eat them. If I don't say so myself, they were excellent and as easy as pie to make.

There are a gazillion things to do with chicken. Try *cooks.com* or googling chicken recipes. A little goes a long way PLUS you can make and freeze a lot too!