PDA

View Full Version : Hop to it?

RICHARD
02-24-2009, 02:53 PM
Cops struggle to catch giant white rabbit

Police officers said it was like "something out of Alice in Wonderland" when they were given the runaround by a giant white rabbit.

PCs Matt Jackson and Yasmin Mossadegh came across the two-foot long rabbit - the size of a small dog - hopping through Canterbury at 2.20am.

After spending 10 minutes fruitlessly trying to grab the animal - using their jackets as matador capes - they had to call on eight members of the public to help out.

Pc Jackson said: "After several failed attempts trying to grab the rabbit, we removed our coats to try and cover it with a bullfighting technique. Again this failed.

"Pet-loving members of the public who were passing by saw us struggling and rushed to our assistance. Now, with 10 pairs of hands at the ready, the rabbit's time on the run was coming to an end."

The officers and members of the public pursued it for about 200 yards before it was finally caught.

Pc Jackson added: "Inquiries are ongoing into unconfirmed reports that Bunny had an accomplice called Clyde who assisted in the hare-brained escape idea."

The rabbit has been nicknamed Tiny and is currently being cared for by staff at Barton Veterinary Hospital

Veterinary nurse Jenny Gooderham said: "I think it is someone's pet as it is in good condition and is used to being handled. We've certainly never had a stray giant rabbit before - they are not very common."

-------------

Notice:

Two a.m., the bars close and someone sees a GIANT white rabbit running amok?

NO wonder they could not catch the poor thing, I can barely bend over after a few toots!

I would love to see the report on that apprehension.;)

Catty1
02-24-2009, 03:02 PM
At least it wasn't pink! ;)

Laura's Babies
02-24-2009, 03:24 PM
Wun wabbit wun!

Karen
02-24-2009, 04:51 PM
Miss Hoppy used to love playing "toreador" with me - they just didn't realize it was game!!! Didn't they know all it might have taken was a couple of raisins to lure the bunny in? I am sure his owners will turn up - every rabbit I have known has liked occasional adventures, but someone will realize he's missing!

RICHARD
02-24-2009, 05:16 PM
Miss Hoppy used to love playing "toreador" with me - they just didn't realize it was game!!! Didn't they know all it might have taken was a couple of raisins to lure the bunny in? I am sure his owners will turn up - every rabbit I have known has liked occasional adventures, but someone will realize he's missing!

LOLOLOLOL,

Rhetorically, I ask....

Where do you find raisins at 2:00 a.m. in the morning when you are on patrol?:D;)

And Jimmy Stewart, no where to be found?

Karen
02-24-2009, 05:28 PM
Any convenience store, or market, or random lunchbox! Playing toreador is NOT the way to catch a bunny - bribes are! :)

Marigold2
02-24-2009, 09:03 PM
Wun wabbit wun!

Hop like the wind litttle wabbit. LOL:love:

kitten645
02-24-2009, 10:03 PM
"Pet-loving members of the public who were passing by saw us struggling and rushed to our assistance"

:eek: I assumed Canterbury as in England and then I thought...how many "Pet-loving members of the public" could possibly be about at that hour? :p The pubs close alot earlier in the UK. Canterbury not being the most URBAN of cities, I just LOL wondering about this. In the US, I doubt the police could be bothered chasing a rabbit of any size! How random and bizzare :rolleyes:
Karen, you shoud use your bunny wiles and start a bunny wrangling business! Can't be too many as quailified as you in the ways of the fuzzy ones! Maybe just as a consultant as I can't see you flying to the uk to offer raisins to a wayward fuzzbutt! :love:
Claudia

CountryWolf07
02-25-2009, 12:00 AM
Hop like the wind litttle wabbit. LOL:love:

LOL! Made me laugh...

ChrisH
02-25-2009, 05:53 AM
Richard, just wondering why wrote about it in the Dog House thread. :confused:

Though it did get more views & laughs than my post did. It must be the way you tell 'em.:D

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=150906

"Pet-loving members of the public who were passing by saw us struggling and rushed to our assistance"

:eek: I assumed Canterbury as in England and then I thought...how many "Pet-loving members of the public" could possibly be about at that hour? :p The pubs close alot earlier in the UK. Canterbury not being the most URBAN of cities, I just LOL wondering about this.
Claudia

Things have changed regarding pub opening hours. Many pubs have been granted licences to stay open until the early hours and a number have licences for 24 hour opening.

Also Canterbury is not as quiet as you may think. :)

Good Evening

When the evening sets in, the district is alive with theatregoers, film buffs, foodies and those enjoying a relaxing drink in one of the city’s many pubs and bars.

Theatres are in abundance in the district, with the Marlowe and Gulbenkian in Canterbury, Kings Hall in Herne bay and the Horsebridge and the Playhouse in Whitstable. Whether you want to go to the 1000-seated Marlowe for a touring show of dance, opera, comedy or a West End production, or the Gulbenkian, a smaller theatre at the University of Kent, there is something to suit all tastes. The Kings Hall in Herne bay hosts an extensive range of events, from top tribute acts to martial arts championships. The Horsebridge in Whitstable is just yards from the beach, and the Playhouse in Whitstable is a 186-seated theatre. With plenty of shows on offer, you can experience all kinds of fantastic theatre. There are also two cinemas in Canterbury and one in Herne Bay, offering all the latest box office hits as well as a few less well-known films.

http://www.canterbury.co.uk/

RICHARD
02-25-2009, 11:53 AM
Richard, just wondering why wrote about it in the Dog House thread. :confused:

Though it did get more views & laughs than my post did. It must be the way you tell 'em.:D

I have to credit my journalism teacher in high school.

"If you do not grab the reader at the headline, they will not read the story."

I made a sketchy comment about the people out at that hour and that they may have had a little too much to drink.....hence the Giant White Rabbit sighting!

Since I antagonize people with my 'wit' and commentary, I keep the stories here, just in case.

Apologies to you and the good people of your country!:D