PDA

View Full Version : "Vacation" Thursdays 306

DJFyrewolf36
02-24-2009, 11:51 AM
I hope no one minds me opening the bar early this week. I just got news yesterday that the post I have been working on for about 10 months just cut our contract so now I am officially laid off. I still am employed with the company "on call" but it doesn't make me feel any better. I'm in the space to take anything personally right now and I know it isn't in any way helpful but sometimes emotions just don't listen.

ALL drinks on me!

I nominate Midori as the drink of the day. It can be mixed quite nicely with a lot of things or enjoyed plain over ice. Quite a virsitle drink, and its a great shade of green too :D

RICHARD
02-24-2009, 12:17 PM
I nominate Midori as the drink of the day. It can be mixed quite nicely with a lot of things or enjoyed plain over ice. Quite a virsitle drink, and its a great shade of green too :D

Sorry to hear that news.

Hang tough and I'll put in some good thoughts for you today.

Midori..

and a 7-up or Sierra Mist is a good refresher....

Hows about something good from the kitchen....I haven't had a good meat loaf and veggies lately, interested?

DONE!?

DJFyrewolf36
02-24-2009, 01:25 PM
Mmm good food is always comforting...I'm there! Thanks for the good thoughts ;)

davidpizzica
02-24-2009, 01:57 PM
DJF, I'm sorry to hear that you're laid off. My prayers are that something comes along for you soon. Believe it or not I received the opposite kind of news this morning, the country club has called me back to work staring monday (depending on the weather). Here DJF, let me sit beside you and RICHARD, could I have a midori, also?

RICHARD
02-24-2009, 02:38 PM
Mmm good food is always comforting...I'm there! Thanks for the good thoughts ;)

I like to think we take care of our own!

A plate and a cup!

DONE!

David,

Great news....

One Midori and a plate?

DONE!:D

KYS
02-24-2009, 07:38 PM
DJFyrewolf36, I am so sorry to hear about your job. :(
Comfort meat loaf and a drink, sounds good to me.

RICHARD
02-24-2009, 07:45 PM
DJFyrewolf36, I am so sorry to hear about your job. :(
Comfort meat loaf and a drink, sounds good to me.

Peas, asparagus or green beans on the side?

Real butter and a Midori.......Sour!

DONE?:D

DJFyrewolf36
02-25-2009, 11:31 PM
Peas, asparagus or green beans on the side?

Real butter and a Midori.......Sour!

Im there!

Today was nice, my friend invited me over to a nice baked chicken dinner. I wish I could share it with all of you! Hommade mashed potatios (with skin!) too.

I wonder what Midori and Mtn Dew tastes like...I've never tried it. I might have to try when my taxes come through....:D

RICHARD
02-26-2009, 09:09 AM
Im there!

Today was nice, my friend invited me over to a nice baked chicken dinner. I wish I could share it with all of you! Hommade mashed potatios (with skin!) too.

I wonder what Midori and Mtn Dew tastes like...I've never tried it. I might have to try when my taxes come through....:D

Amazing what a good meal can do for your spirits.

M and MD? I may have to try that!

Until then let me make you a cyber sample?

DONE!

slick
02-26-2009, 10:35 AM
Oh dear, I'm shaking like a leaf. Please bartender....make mine a double of anything. My colleague and I have a major meeting with the boss this morning at 10am. I'm going to try very hard to make sure the s*** doesn't hit the fan....yet I'm confident we are going the right route. Wish me luck.

DJF: Sorry about the work predicament. This d*** economy sure hits us in the pocketbook.

Richard: as my grandmother used to say "Feed, feed. You're nothing but skin and bones!":D

lvpets2002
02-26-2009, 11:19 AM
:( I am so sorry DJF about your job.. Could Orc & I try ones of thems drinks please.. Richard here is your meatloaf with veg.. Enjoy

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/meatloaftm4.jpg

RICHARD
02-26-2009, 03:36 PM
Richard: as my grandmother used to say "Feed, feed. You're nothing but skin and bones!":D

Hope is just a 'normal' meeting.

Best wishes to you and drop a quarter if you want to...anytime?
A double?

DONE!

LP,
Let me get you and the ORC settled..

Two green drinks? DONE!

Oh my, you picked my favorite side...Tomatoes!

I loves me my tomatoes!

Puckstop31
02-26-2009, 03:44 PM
Enjoyed a bottle of The Glenlivet, 18 Y/O this week. Tried it neat, at room temp. Tried it out of the freezer, again neat. Tried it room temp with 2 ice cubes.

Out of the freezer, neat. :eek: GOOD stuff!

Meatloaf... Made a 50/50 venison and pork meatloaf a few weeks back. AMAZING!

A good meal and a stiff drink will cures what ailes ya.... For a time. Then the news comes back on....

ETA: Leaving on a jet plane tomorrow. 2.5 hour ride with a 17 month old! Vibes and prayers please! :)

RICHARD
02-26-2009, 03:55 PM
Enjoyed a bottle of The Glenlivet, 18 Y/O this week. Tried it neat, at room temp. Tried it out of the freezer, again neat. Tried it room temp with 2 ice cubes.

Meatloaf... Made a 50/50 venison and pork meatloaf a few weeks back. AMAZING!

ETA: Leaving on a jet plane tomorrow. 2.5 hour ride with a 17 month old! Vibes and prayers please! :)
The drink sounded great, the meatloaf, fantastic.

There's a triple for the road.....er.....Air?

Good luck and don't worry. Keep them awake for the preflight and let them sleep on the plane!

DONE!

momoffuzzyfaces
02-26-2009, 07:15 PM
Just popped in for a meatloaf sandwich and cherry vanilla coke. YUMMY! :D

cassiesmom
02-26-2009, 07:27 PM
I hope no one minds me opening the bar early this week. I just got news yesterday that the post I have been working on for about 10 months just cut our contract so now I am officially laid off. I still am employed with the company "on call" but it doesn't make me feel any better.

DJF, I am sorry and I hope you will find the next position VERY soon!

It's pouring down rain in Chicago tonight (and at 7:30 PM it's 52 degrees), so... may I have coffee, please? Decaf is fine.

DJFyrewolf36
02-26-2009, 10:16 PM
Well at least I have some things to be thankful for...

With the taxes I was planning on getting a new computer and thanks to the actually good timing of my layoff I can still do it! I put the parts on order today...me and the hubby are both getting upgrades! *drool lol*

My son is wonderful and adorable and I spent my money I got from recycling on him instead of putting it in my gas tank like I budgeted. Seeing his face light up whem he gets a new toy is way worth walking a little bit more lol.

My 5 year anniversary is this week. Thanks to Uncle Sam depositing my money earlier than I thought, me and the hubby can go to a nice dinner. I wouldn't care if we just had dinner at home, I love my hubby all the same :D. I can't believe its been that long already!

All in all I'm happy...life can't get me down!

Edit: I found the thread where I posted my wedding pic (at our one year anniversary) http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=66877

blue
02-26-2009, 10:22 PM
Ive been on the laid off vacation since the 16th of Jan. Construction is way down even for this time of year. Lots of lay offs and shut downs.

Im signed up for my first set of computer certification classes next month. Time to get out of the trades.

Moesha
02-26-2009, 10:28 PM
I get to go on a real vacation next Friday. It'll be the first vacation I've been on in ages! We're going to Disney World. It'll be the first time that I'll have gone there without kids! I've either been the kid or I've been with my niece or nephew before. This will be an adult Disney trip.

ETA: Hmmm...that didn't sound like I meant it to sound. It's still Mickey. It will be a G rated adult kind of trip.

lvpets2002
02-27-2009, 09:42 AM
:) I was fixing to say now since its a Adult Trip does this mean you have to still act like a Adult..:p Heck No = you can still be a kid..:D
I get to go on a real vacation next Friday. It'll be the first vacation I've been on in ages! We're going to Disney World. It'll be the first time that I'll have gone there without kids! I've either been the kid or I've been with my niece or nephew before. This will be an adult Disney trip.

ETA: Hmmm...that didn't sound like I meant it to sound. It's still Mickey. It will be a G rated adult kind of trip.

RICHARD
02-27-2009, 11:55 AM
:) I was fixing to say now since its a Adult Trip does this mean you have to still act like a Adult..:p Heck No = you can still be a kid..:D

LOL,
Just don't pull the tails on costumed people.:D

Moesha.
HAve fun!

Blue,
Hope work picks up for you!

DJ,

What a slap in the face!

You not celebrating your anny here at THursday's!

CM,

Decaf coffee and some better weather? DONE!

MOFF, One meatloaf sandwich and a CVC!

DONE!
Kidding, Congrats and have fun!

Grace
02-27-2009, 12:40 PM
ALL drinks on me!

I had never heard of Midori until this post - except for the figure skater, Midori Ito.

So this green drink - what does it taste like? Maybe like the green lifesavers?

momoffuzzyfaces
02-27-2009, 12:43 PM
Gosh, you can get into Disney World without being accompanied by a child? :eek:

I never knew that!!! Have a great time!!! :D

Catty1
02-27-2009, 02:23 PM
DJ - LOVED your gratitude list AND the wedding pics. Your hubby looks like a really sweet guy.

Another thing to add- no more insane roommates! :D

Killearn Kitties
02-27-2009, 02:47 PM
So this green drink - what does it taste like? Maybe like the green lifesavers?

So far as I know it is a melon liqueur. I've never tasted it though - it sounds far too sweet for me. I'll have a cybermidori though, and send good vibes to all those with job worries.

RICHARD
02-27-2009, 03:24 PM
So far as I know it is a melon liqueur. I've never tasted it though - it sounds far too sweet for me. I'll have a cybermidori though, and send good vibes to all those with job worries.

IT is pretty sweet. I like it with a lemon lime soda- or grapefruit!

On Cyber Midori!
DONE!

C1 and MOFF,
what are you all drinking!

Grace,

Oh no, I hope you aren't being tarnished by learning new alcohols!

Thursday's is a place where you do learn a lot of new and fun things....

Green Lifesavers? They only way to find out is to buy a bottle....:D

In the mean time.....DONE?

Puckstop31
02-27-2009, 04:23 PM
Made it to Florida OK!!! Plane ride was OK. Hannah was GREAT, Tanya was... Nervous. LOL We had a really bumpy take off and ascent, but once we got to altitude it was cool.

Thanks for the vibes!!!

lvpets2002
02-27-2009, 04:53 PM
Made it to Florida OK!!! Plane ride was OK. Hannah was GREAT, Tanya was... Nervous. LOL We had a really bumpy take off and ascent, but once we got to altitude it was cool.

Thanks for the vibes!!!
:) I knew you all would be just fine.. Glad the trip went good & that you all are on land.. Have fun & a great visit && a safe trip back home..

RICHARD
02-27-2009, 05:26 PM

Thanks for the vibes!!!

Anytime.

Hannah is special.:D

Let's all have a vacation drink?

Slick,

SO what happened at your meeting, we are on pins and needles!

Puckstop31
02-27-2009, 08:11 PM
:) I knew you all would be just fine.. Glad the trip went good & that you all are on land.. Have fun & a great visit && a safe trip back home..

Okie Dokie. :D

Pics will be posted upon our return the Pennsyltucky. LOL
But I do have to say, I really dig shorts in February.... But not enough to want to live here again. Oy VEY are there a LOT of people here. Yeesh!

blue
02-27-2009, 08:16 PM
I wear shorts year round, whats the big deal?

DJFyrewolf36
02-27-2009, 08:55 PM
Oh RICHARD, of course I am going to celebrate here! Turns out work needs people this weekend anyhow...so I guess that was a long layoff :rolleyes: :D. I have to drive over 100 miles a day but I get a gas stipend and paid more than I was making at the old site. Yay!

Lets hope that this contract extends :D

Puckstop31
02-28-2009, 07:30 AM
I wear shorts year round, whats the big deal?

You live in Alaska dude... So you are obviously mentally challenged. LOL

RICHARD
02-28-2009, 02:06 PM
You live in Alaska dude... So you are obviously mentally challenged. LOL

Again, we can tell the visitors here in Cah Lee Fuh Nee ah by the temp....and their shorts!
60 degrees and we wear pants or sweats, the out of towners are in Tank tops, shorts and flip flops.:D

Dj, can't keep a good woman down!

Congrats and let's celebrate!

I have some Captian Morgan and coke?

Anyone?

DONE!

DJFyrewolf36
02-28-2009, 10:48 PM
Im down to celebrate!

I must be crazy too...it got down to about 35 degrees last night and since I was posted in my car I wasted a little under a quarter of a tank of gas keeping myself warm :rolleyes:

I wear sweaters in anything under 75 degrees. I HATE cold! My dad however wears shorts in the winter...

RICHARD
03-01-2009, 11:25 AM
Im down to celebrate!

I wear sweaters in anything under 75 degrees. I HATE cold! My dad however wears shorts in the winter...

Let's start with a breakfast of pork products, starchy tubers and glasses filled with pulpy drinks?

blue
03-01-2009, 11:50 AM
Let's start with a breakfast of pork products

Bacon Explosion? (http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/recipes/bacon-explosion/)

http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/images/bacon-11.jpg

DJFyrewolf36
03-01-2009, 12:38 PM
Im reminded of the Simpsons

Marge: Homer, didn't you promise to limit pork to six servings a week?
Homer: Marge, I'm only human!

RICHARD
03-02-2009, 11:04 AM
Bacon Explosion? (http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/recipes/bacon-explosion/)

http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/images/bacon-11.jpg

Too much pork, too much time on their hands!;)

I have come to the point where I make a pork shoulder every week and a half.

I am starting to grow a tail.:eek:

DONE!