PDA

View Full Version : Ear Cropping Questions

wolf_Q
09-21-2002, 10:49 AM
Well, apparently my sister really IS going to get Sydney's ears cropped. :( She said "well one of them kind of sticks up a little, and I don't want he to look like Reggie!" :eek: Now that's an insult! Poor Reggie. :( My sister told my mom that she's having it done when Sydney gets spayed at the Humane Society. My mom believed her, but I know that it's a lie. The HS doesn't do any type of surgery except Spay/Neuter. So my question is, how much does it usually cost to have the ear cropping done? I'm just curious, as my sister is constantly complaing how "poor" they are, and is always getting money from my mom.

I'm not saying that dogs with cropped ears look bad or anything, but I really don't like how they do it purely for "cosmetic" reasons. Oh, and another question, what age do they normally crop their ears?

Here's a pic of Sydney.......Oh doesn't she just look soooo ugly with her cute folded ears! :mad:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid31/pd270ccbc4b2a5b50fe7953bc1af63e97/fd4780f8.jpg

Karen
09-21-2002, 10:54 AM
Sydney is beautiful just the way he is! Oh, please tell her not to crop those pretty ears! :( Tell her it costs a million dollars - maybe then she won't get it done! Don't crop those pretty ears - it'll be painful, and expensive, and would require extra and careful attention for the duration of the healing time. Don't crop those pretty ears, Sydney is lovely just the way he is! I bet those ears are soft-as-can-be - I'd love to play with them!

slleipnir
09-21-2002, 11:26 AM
Thats awful! Sydney is adorable with her folded ears! I don't see how someone can just get a dogs ears cropped for no reason, but thats my opinion..I hope you can convince her not to :[

KYS
09-21-2002, 11:31 AM
I can't believe your sister wants to crop Sydney's ears.
She looks perfectly adorable, and can't understand
whey she would want too.

Rottieluver45
09-21-2002, 11:35 AM
Reggie is NOT ugly!! In fact,VERY cute!! I don`t think your sis knows what she`s talking about!! :D

Sydney is very cute! I personally don`t like cropping ears!

Tina
09-21-2002, 11:49 AM
I really hope she don't crop poor Sydney's ears. I think she looks adorable without them cropped.

*LabLoverKEB*
09-21-2002, 12:52 PM
First, Reggie is NOT ugly!!!
http://www.geocities.com/wolf_q/ContestReggie.jpg

And, please tell your sister to not crop those pretty, adorable ears on sweet Sydney!

Rachel
09-21-2002, 01:01 PM
Oh, no, please beg her not to put that sweet Sydney through any unnecessary pain. She is just adorable the way she is. Could your sister just be baiting you to get you upset?? I certainly hope so, because that would be the least of the two evils. Both Hannah and Tucker's tails are cropped but I did NOT have it done. They were that way when I got them. Poor Tucker's is so short he looks like he doesn't even have a tail.

Cookiebaker
09-21-2002, 01:11 PM
Ooooh that is so sad! He is just such a baby, you just want to play with his ears the way they are. :D I really hope she changes her mind!! Print out this thread and have her read it before she goes any further!!!!!

Uabassoon
09-21-2002, 01:14 PM
His floppy ears are so cute. I hope she doesn't get his ears cropped.

wolf_Q
09-21-2002, 03:58 PM
I haven't actually talked to my sister, just my mom has. I was hoping it would be really expensive so maybe I could talk her out of it. I just love Sydney the way she is. :( And I like Reggie's ears the way they are too, they give him personality. I'm so glad we never cropped them.

My sister went to a store with my mom a while ago. She was complaining so bad about how she couldnt afford to buy pajamas (sp?) for her daughter, Savannah. So my mom ended up buying them. Then they go to another store and my sister buys a RAINCOAT (even more then the pajamas) for Sydney. Oh yes, that is a necessity.

If you knew my sister, you'd know it is hopeless to try to talk her out of it. Of course, she also changes her mind on everything, so maybe she will change her mind! I hope so! :(

Dixie Belle
09-21-2002, 10:49 PM
I sure hate to hear this. My boxer Missie had her tell cropped (by her breeder, not me) However, her ears are NOT! And there is NO way I would have them cropped. It is unnessary, and to me the dogs don't look as cute. Missie is adorable running around with those floppy ears!