PDA

View Full Version : Senator Bunning - what a jerk

Grace
02-23-2009, 09:40 PM
Seems he caught something from Senator Frist - the ability to diagnose medical conditions long distance.

ELIZABETHTOWN, Ky. -- U.S. Sen. Jim Bunning predicted over the weekend that U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg would likely be dead from pancreatic cancer within nine months.

During a wide-ranging 30-minute speech on Saturday at the Hardin County Republican Party's Lincoln Day Dinner, Bunning said he supports conservative judges "and that's going to be in place very shortly because Ruth Bader Ginsburg … has cancer."

"Bad cancer. The kind that you don't get better from," he told a crowd of about 100 at the old State Theater.

"Even though she was operated on, usually, nine months is the longest that anybody would live after (being diagnosed) with pancreatic cancer," he said.

Even if it is true - that she has only 9 months to live, he's a Grade A jerk for spouting off in public like that.

Latest news (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/02/23/AR2009022302543.html?hpid=moreheadlines) about Justice Ginsburg.

Edwina's Secretary
02-23-2009, 09:50 PM
Seems he caught something from Senator Frist - the ability to diagnose medical conditions long distance.

And not even a doctor this one!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

p.s. A conservative judge..that would = an activist judge...right???

blue
02-23-2009, 09:55 PM
p.s. A conservative judge..that would = an activist judge...right???

What judge are you talking about?
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is no conservative, so call me confused.

Edwina's Secretary
02-23-2009, 09:59 PM
What judge are you talking about?
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is no conservative, so call me confused.

Okay...you are confused.

Read the original post instead of just looking for what you can blast me about...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

blue
02-23-2009, 10:02 PM
Reread the OP. The only judge mentioned is not a conservative.

No blasting intended in my last post so thanks again for yet another insult.

Catty1
02-23-2009, 10:13 PM
This from the earlier link:

Sen. Jim Bunning (R-Ky.) told a party gathering in his state over the weekend that Ginsburg had "bad cancer, not the kind you get better from" and predicted she would not live longer than nine months. He was warning the crowd about the kind of justice Obama might appoint in her place.

Bunning apologized yesterday "if my comments offended Justice Ginsburg" and said it was "great" to see her back at the court.

Grace
02-23-2009, 10:14 PM
Bunning is the one who is confused. He was a much better ball player than Senator.

If he thinks that the current occupant of the White House will nominate a Conservative (with a capitol C) to the Supreme court, he is truly delusional.

blue
02-23-2009, 10:18 PM
Bunning is the one who is confused. He was a much better ball player than Senator.

If he thinks that the current occupant of the White House will nominate a Conservative (with a capitol C) to the Supreme court, he is truly delusional.

This I can agree with.

Puckstop31
02-24-2009, 06:58 AM

I wonder if Supreme Court picks will ever be chosen based on their knowledge of the Constitution, rather than their politics?

Tis good to dream, eh?

lizbud
02-24-2009, 10:51 AM
I wonder if Supreme Court picks will ever be chosen based on their knowledge of the Constitution, rather than their politics?

Tis good to dream, eh?

If you really belive that then Obama should be your man. He taught
Constitutional Law.:)

Oh, The speech by numnuts was given on the same day Ginsberg
returned to her seat on the Court.:rolleyes: What a Jerk indeed.

Edwina's Secretary
02-24-2009, 10:54 AM
Don't you just love these "apologies"??? "I am not sorry I said something rude and obnoxious...I am ony sorry if someone was offended by my rude and obnoxious words!":rolleyes:

If they cannot say something close to "I'm sorry" why don't they just shut up?

Bunning's support for "conservative" judges instead of "qualified" judges...just more of the same partisan crap.

Puckstop31
02-24-2009, 11:02 AM
If you really belive that then Obama should be your man. He taught
Constitutional Law.:)

I know... Rather sad that he does not seem to grasp it all that well. I wonder why he keeps trying to skirt it then? Just like ALL politicians do.

It has been a LONG time since the Federal Government has respected the 10th Amendment.

But they sure LOVE the 16th. LOL

BTW, you still cheering on your "hopey-change" guy? The guy who in two days, signs a Bill that more than DOUBLES the deficit, and then says he wants to cut the deficit by 2012???!?!?!?!

Liz, you really need to take those blinders off.

Marigold2
02-24-2009, 09:05 PM
This Bunning is very very rude. No thought at all to this woman's family, friends. I hope he gets the backlash he so rightly deserves.

blue
02-24-2009, 09:14 PM
To the best of my knowlege, the President is a former lecturer on Constitutional Law not a professor.

Grace
02-24-2009, 09:47 PM
When Justice Ginsburg entered the House chamber tonight, she received a rousing ovation. Senator Bunning - was he even there?

And one of my favorite Amendments is the 9th.

RICHARD
02-25-2009, 03:45 AM
I lost my GF to pancreatic cancer.

If his mentioning her having the disease motivates people to take this on as a
"cause du jour", like autism and the other little donatable illnesses, good.

Grace
02-25-2009, 08:31 AM
I lost my GF to pancreatic cancer.

If his mentioning her having the disease motivates people to take this on as a
"cause du jour", like autism and the other little donatable illnesses, good.

He mentioned Justice Ginsburg's illness only in terms of another Justice being appointed -

Bunning said he supports conservative judges "and that's going to be in place very shortly because Ruth Bader Ginsburg … has cancer."

He didn't need to mention it for motivation - it had been out there ever since her diagnosis at the end of January. The fact of her surgery was not a secret.