PDA

View Full Version : No Fair, Let Him Play

lizbud
02-23-2009, 12:20 PM
73-year-old player ruled ineligible

Ken Mink will miss the team's final game

Updated: Monday, 23 Feb 2009, 7:16 AM EST

By MIKE BRODY, Special Contributor
HARRIMAN, Tenn. - A 73-year-old college basketball player at Roane State in Harriman, Tenn., has been ruled ineligible to play by the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA), according to the Knoxville News .

Ken Mink will miss the team's final game after being on the team the entire season. Mink was told he didn't carry the minimum 12 hours in the fall semester required by the NJCAA.

However, Mink took a sociology class at neighboring Strayer University which he says should have put him at the 12-hour minimum.

"This is not an academic issue, it's an administrative issue," Mink wrote in an email to the News.

This isn't the first time Mink was booted from a college basketball team. His college career at Lees Junior College in Kentucky was cut short in 1956 when he was wrongly accused of spraying his coach's office with shaving cream and kicked off the team.

Mink had planned to dress in a retro jersey, and debut a rap song he had written about the team at Roane State's home finale on Feb. 25.

RICHARD
02-23-2009, 12:38 PM
Jeezus,

I can't believe that they will deny him a chance.

Sign the waiver, let him play.

lizbud
02-23-2009, 03:56 PM
Jeezus,

I can't believe that they will deny him a chance.

Sign the waiver, let him play.

Really. I'd love to hear his Rap.:D